FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

hey kith or axo imput...

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ArChMaGe

hey kith or axo imput...

i notice humans are very different on gow.pud and gow bne .. i play gow bne cuz i like it more ppl plays on it so i like to challenge them (newbies) that play it on all time. anyway.. i play human like orc on gow.bne and i tried hums on pud.. it seems that im defending cuz i was worrying bout lust.. what do u usually do as human on gow pud.. i thought like rushing defending,, expanding get knights and mage b4 they get lust? if im on niether 11,10,9,5,6,4 i would play like on gow bne do early knight and mage rush.

Post Thu Feb 15, 2001 9:59 am 
Axolotl

hey kith or axo imput...

Playing humans like orcs won't work at all.

Mage rushing isn't so hot either because a couple early mages might do some damage, but actually hurts your economy as well by going castle so fast.

You can play the start of the game like orcs, since the only difference are the sword upgraades. When you get to castle though, you have to have alot more recon than orcs do. Use grunts, knights, flyers, or whatever to see where the ogres are coming from.

The rest of the game is up to your wizards. BLizzard owns ogres, so it will be your main defense against lust attacks. But you will never win by defending. As soon as you have mages, some knights, whatever, go attack. Keep hitting their peon lines often. If you don't keep on top of them you will lose. If you can't get your wizards to the peon line, use them to take out ogres, or buildings, or anything.

Post Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
The Ghost

hey kith or axo imput...

If I get a trail spot on gow, I usually 2hall to one with no trails. I try to build a 4x2 or something like that @ the trail spot. This should take care of defense until the castle part (scout w/ a few grunts against quick sappers, which will take both ur towns down very easily at this point).
Once you get your castle, which should be reasonably fast considering you didn't do anything strange, get several mage towers up fast, one at your exp, two at your trail spot (or something like that). That takes care of the first lust waves (perhaps use a few footmen (the ones from your 4x2??) at the trail spot as bate for the ogres, so that you can blizz them when they fight it out).

The good part is that, since you've got a trail spot, you can easily walk peons out to build mage towers (or raxes) all over the map.
This can get you a big (mage) army consisting of the 80k left in the 120/125 k store. Make lots of mages and mage bomb his ogres while paladins mop up.

As for getting his peons, i usually get an invis mage and a sapper and blow up the nicely trimmed treeline (lotsa ppl trim treelines to 1 width) and walk in. Hide in the spots were you would normally gay someone :-)

As for scouting, I would like to add that holy vision can be really cool for checking mines you dont have a zep at (although that shouldnt be the case), checking odds before attacking, checking if you suspect peon shipment etc. It's also very annoying cause ppl feel like they are being watched

Sorry for not being kith or axo, this is just my rant. rgds

Post Fri Mar 02, 2001 9:53 pm