FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

rushing from the middle

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sLuGGo

rushing from the middle

in a 2v2, do you guys recommend rushing from the middle? Ive seen some ppl do it pretty effectively and it is good at stopping a s9/9 dual. Any tips or advice on rushing from mid would be appriciated.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2001 1:37 pm 
sLuGGo

rushing from the middle

someone answer me?

Post Sat Jan 20, 2001 1:03 pm 
pinnyb

rushing from the middle

if you suck at s5, and you dont wanna take the chance of s9 being taken, you could move to the middle. In my experience i have found it best to use the bottom mine and chop the sides. Although it doesnt matter, i usually place my mill under the right mine after a chop of 2. Raxes go on top of hall and mound usually can be fit under the left mine.

That's about all
-pinnyb

Post Tue Jan 23, 2001 1:09 pm 
Saber

rushing from the middle

Never tried rushing from middle in a 2v2, I have done it in 1v1's though. Maybe someone else can help you out with the 2v2 situation.

Post Tue Jan 23, 2001 1:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

rushing from the middle

If you are in middle in a 2 on 2, you will almost have to rush every game just to live.
Towering up won't save you against 2 rushers. Towering up will help you vs 1 rusher, but that means the other enemy is powering (and it will easily outpower you).

Repairing is imperative. You are already behind everyone else in the game, so you need to repair both the barracks and smith. You still can send scout grunts out... don't be so afraid that you just camp at home. The gold out of the bottom mine in middle is fast, so you eventually get your 2nd rax going to rush hard. You are close to every spot, so if you can get the enemies on defense, you have a lot of control.

Hall,farm, rax, farm, smith, rep rax, rep smith.
I suggest you don't go smith first here, because your rax will be starting very late compared to the other players.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2001 12:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
sLuGGo

rushing from the middle

I like being in the middle because it does very well against an s9/9 dual and if my pard is at a good rush spot like 12/2/5 then it seems that it works fairly well. Axo or any1 else, when is it best to start my 2nd rax. I always thought u get 7 grunts and then 2nd rax but a lot of good players say they get it "right away," or after smith finishes. I've also heard that getting 2nd rax after 3 grunts is good. My main goal from the middle is to rush HARD, preferrably lvl 5... if anyone has a good idea on how to do that, or a build order I would appriciate it

Post Sat Jan 27, 2001 9:12 pm 
BiZaTcH

rushing from the middle

About when do you put up the second rax/mill, axo?

Post Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote