FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

GOW@8-high resources

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Death~Illusion~

GOW@8-high resources

I have problems protecting 8 on GOW. I can't stand it. Whenever I see it, I cringe. I need to know how to play from 8. When moving is not an option, what should I do? Is this a place to lust from, or rush, or what? By the way, this is BNE Gow, and not Classic.
And what about for low resources? There's such a wide open area that must be covered, how do you deal with it?

Eight is my nemesis... I feel like quitting every time I get it. >

Post Mon Oct 23, 2000 10:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Havoc

GOW@8-high resources

You can 3 hall, thats what i do, own that corner of the map

Post Mon Oct 23, 2000 10:51 pm 
Axolotl

GOW@8-high resources

Sounds like a spot of the day. I'll show you how to defend that crap.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2000 2:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~Summoner

GOW@8-high resources

well if you get 8 you might as well give up. what i like to do is move aroudn the map until i find my opponent. when i find him, id ont let him see me and a build a hall near his base out of range. then i make a plethora of peons secretly and peon rush him. if you win, laugh at him and take a screenshot. if you lose, then you have an excuse: "I was just fucking around this game"

Post Tue Oct 24, 2000 9:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Death~Illusion~

GOW@8-high resources

Lol Summoner!!! I think I'm just going to do that from now on. Screw 8 only. That sounds like a blast. Thx for the tip.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2000 10:03 pm 
GreenHorn

GOW@8-high resources

Hmm... on gowbne whats wrong with 8?? Too much space to wall? just rush & you dont need to wall.All i ever did beside dualing to 6 was get my rax & scout them asap. if hes rushing you outrush, if hes milling theres 50 ways to snuff him.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2000 6:25 pm 
reaverlisk

GOW@8-high resources

Greenhorn,do you really think theyre talking about gowbne?
--reaverlisk

Post Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:08 pm 
Ranjan

GOW@8-high resources

reaverlisk - I think they're talking about gowbne. Perhaps the part where Illusion said "By the way, this is BNE Gow, and not Classic." gave me a clue.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2000 8:27 pm 
reaverlisk

GOW@8-high resources

Oh,i guess i was wrong.Sorry Greenhorn.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2000 9:51 pm 
~`J[i]nx@PA

GOW@8-high resources

Well if i start at 8 and its bne gow i would most likely dual to 7. So now u can block off 8 with a rax,smith,mill and u block off 7 with 3 farms. If 7 is hot i would tower and if im successful i would either dual to 7 after ur opponent is dead or i would quick lust at 8.

Jinx

Post Wed Nov 15, 2000 1:06 am 
sLuGGo

GOW@8-high resources

If you get 8, and feel like walling off w/o dualing to 6, there is always the option of hiding a lumber mill (or another townhall) below the trees at 9, or somewhere in that area. I usually like to rush hard from 8, but overall there isn't enought lumber and it sux

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:46 am 
Death~Illusion~

GOW@8-high resources

Hey Havoc, I tried your 3 hall tonight a few times. The first time it went really well, I got beat by a very good player, but that was only because of a few play errors toward the end game. My problem is defending early. If I get rushed from 6 it's usually all over. I'm going to keep trying though, I think that maybe this could somehow be a viable strategy, I'm thinking especially in a 3v3.

Post Thu Nov 23, 2000 3:00 am