FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

a lil advice?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
~Ween

a lil advice?

when i play ladder 1v1 i prefur mtc/high. its a great 1v1 map and its easy to wall in and 2-hall right from the beggining. My problem is after i wall in im always so low on cash that i cant defend myself. is their anyone out there that can show me an effective strat?

Post Fri Nov 17, 2000 12:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~Ween

a lil advice?

thanks bro.

Post Fri Nov 17, 2000 6:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tarquinn

a lil advice?

If you are running low on resources early then you are probably building too many farms. That's one of the problems that I had early on when learning to dual hall. Make sure to keep ahead in food, but not too far ahead. Try to stay only 2 farms ahead of yourself, and very early on maybe even only 1 farm. Also make sure that you are using as little as possible resources to wall off all bases. Generally you want to put your first say, 11-13 or so peons on gold, and then putting your newly built peons on lumber. After you have a good balance of gold/lumber peons, then you can switch on and off depending on what you need. Remember not to over-do defense. Early in the game a single guard tower at one base, and an axe-thrower at the other will be suffice (or 2 guard towers if you prefer). Adjust your defense accordingly as the game progresses and you figure out what your opponent is most likely to do as a counter.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2000 1:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
sLuGGo

a lil advice?

if u 2 hall on this map, you will get owned. Most decent people are hard rushing, so they either put up a tower, if ur using a tower to defend... or I can do a 2 cat, or sap you, plust bottom left and upper right are the only 2 spots that I would even consider dualing on, unless its ffa... and then u kinda gotta dual to win..

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:50 am 
~Ween

a lil advice?

yea i learned that the hard way, no more will i duel on this pud. :P

Post Sun Nov 19, 2000 10:58 pm 
-Buzzbomb-

a lil advice?

Sluggo that's a dumb thing to say :P The strategy usually has nothing to do with who wins. It's all in the execution of the strategy you choose to do and how you adjust to your opponent.

Post Tue Nov 21, 2000 1:19 am 
Tarquinn

a lil advice?

Sluggo, I've played a lot of MTC/High and I dual hall on it a large portion of the time. You don't have to go straight to fortress. More times than not, I won't go fortress until way later. By the time you bring your cats, I'll have enough ogres to walk over top of you. Also if your enemy wastes time trying to tower you on this map, by the time he actually has broken into one of the bases, you should have a pretty big army. It is very, very easy to keep walling back farther and farther on this map before your enemy is actually in your base. 2halling in my opinion is the best strategy on this map.

Post Tue Nov 21, 2000 11:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote