FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

HOTS New Units
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

So are you saying that protoss are underpowered?

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:27 am 
Picka_materina

That's not obvious?

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 am 
kublikhan

Picka, what things would you like to see changed for toss?

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:27 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
how can you conclude from me saying zerg has the most difficulty dealing with stealth throughout an entire game that I somehow think a cloaked banshee or DT doesn't kill an unprepared opponent?

I did not make that conclusion. You have difficulties understanding in general i see. I made a conclusion that zerg in fact does not have the most difficulties with cloaked units as it has more then enough ways to detect them.

quote:
last time I played sc2 (last year)

Should have just mentioned this at start so i'd ignore you. Your opinion or take on anything is as relevant as me talking about quantum physics. My apologies also for calling you stupid as it's clear now why you're so ignorant about anything sc2 related. I liked the 10 year old nephew reference, it's children who often argue about things they don't understand.

(yeah i lied)

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
Picka, what things would you like to see changed for toss?

I'm not sure. It's more what i would change in other races really as i feel too much is wrong with teran for example. Tos units are way overpriced for what they do mostly (it's the most gas heavy race, and gas is really the only limiting res factor in this game). For zerg im not sure. I'd really like to see another battle modifier added to units since tweaking banelings for example for pvz would ruin zvt even more.
But for starters i'd nerf dmg output of marines, blueflame, banshee, marauder, thor, emp. Nerf the mule. Its not normal that teran with 2 orbitals and 3 scv can upkeep production from 3 barax and make more scv, while both zerg and tos are dead at that point. It's not normal that 10 stimmed marines can defend more then enough against 20-30 mutas (if he engages, he loses way more then the cost of 10 marines). Is not normal that a pf can output/receive that much dmg while few rauders take out nexus/hatch in 3 seconds. Is not normal that ghost has bigger range then other spellcasters, emp has bigger area then fungal/storm and such similar things.
In general, teran is the most forgiving to any type of fuckup by the player and a less skilled person can win way more times then he should actually.
If game is based on hard counters, then all races should have enough of those.

new gsl
17 terran, 8 tos, 7 zerg.
And it's only gona get worse.

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:37 pm 
turtleman@can

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6325853/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-qanda-with-dustin-browder

basically he agrees that terran have too many options, lurkers might come back, toss will get a raid unit, and overseers/corruptors are shitty units that will probably be removed

Also it's not going to be released this year

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:09 pm 
Picka_materina

He's justifying terran imbalance in korea by cultural issue. Same as when every zerg was whining, zerg was doing better in korea, so he was justifying that as also being "cultural" since koreans love zerg. I guess they swing the cultural habits in a few months span. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6325853/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-qanda-with-dustin-browder

basically he agrees that terran have too many options, lurkers might come back, toss will get a raid unit, and overseers/corruptors are shitty units that will probably be removed

Also it's not going to be released this year
He said they fixed alot of the problems with terran being too flexible, and are giving more attention to helping zerg/toss. And they fixed the toss 4 gate too. Those were 2 of the main things in this thread people were complaining about.

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:49 pm 
7VlesSiah

It is not a random sample. The top 6 were the 6 Koreans selected to fly to America and play in the tournament. Still, if you look at the Code S qualifiers I think the results were terran dominated. Even the code A representation was terran skewed.

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 am 
turtleman@can

Well I think a few things to consider are:

Terran have been OP since beta - so most people who take the game seriously picked them to start with and even though they've been getting nerfed relentlessly since then, people don't switch races

Terran have arguably the highest ceiling for micro/macro play

I'm not saying that they aren't OP but in terms of top level play there are a few reasons they would be popular amongst pro players

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 pm 
Picka_materina

Here's another one.

All of the pro players are playing for money, and will use anything that can get them more money and give them wins thus the easiest/most versitle/most OP race is going to be dominant.

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:39 pm 
KingHillBilly

i wouldn't hold your breath

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote