FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Nerzy

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Nerzy

Someone still impersonating you on HoN lol.

Guy plays SC2. I'm thinking Shotgun, but I can't place the voice... doesn't sound aussie enough for SG.

But he knows your name at least... guess he didn't really count on the fact that I played CoD with you on vent so his voice is lulz.

Anyways, go make some cash in sc2 pro gaming circuit.

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

lol..why would you think me?

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am 
foonat

that guy messaged me last night with "lol", random as fuck. i've never talked to him

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:54 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
lol..why would you think me?

Seems like a retarded thing you might do.

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
foonat

did you queue up with him or get randomly placed into a game with him? i'd guess it might be paperboy since he has a nerzyman fetish and took his name on .ru when it first started, but if he's aussie then nevermind

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:08 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
did you queue up with him or get randomly placed into a game with him? i'd guess it might be paperboy since he has a nerzyman fetish and took his name on .ru when it first started, but if he's aussie then nevermind

He's not aussie, which is why I kind of ruled out SG.

Yes I queued with him. Better than playing with you bunch of douchebags.

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:13 pm 
Sepi

its not me

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:27 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:

you're very sensitive about how bad you are at hon huh?

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:34 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:

you're very sensitive about how bad you are at hon huh?

No. You guys are very sensitive about how bad I am at HoN. That's the problem.

Learn to have fun with games again.

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 am 
foonat

hon isn't fun when you're getting railed 4v5 for 30 minutes because kith decided to pick war beast. i enjoy playing with you when you pick a support; we've even laned together and had success. we all bitch at each other when we don't play correctly and i think you're way too sensitive to that

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:18 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
hon isn't fun when you're getting railed 4v5 for 30 minutes because kith decided to pick war beast. i enjoy playing with you when you pick a support; we've even laned together and had success. we all bitch at each other when we don't play correctly and i think you're way too sensitive to that

See, you guys were getting railed in bottom lane regardless. You can watch the replay anytime you'd like. The SS failed miserably at top, and you guys died about 5 times between you two at bottom.

It's one of those games (HoN is), where if you don't do well, the blame automatically falls upon whomever is the "lowest psr". Regardless of what I was or wasn't doing. How am I going to be able to do anything when the devourer is 3 levels above the bad SS, and bottom lane Swift is already raping the shit out of everyone?

Which comes back to the whole "learning to have fun" again. I'm guilty of it too, which is why I probably won't be playing HoN much anymore. But that could just be me... although judging by how angry you guys get, I don't think so.

Last edited by Kith-Kanin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 am 
foonat

there was a trilane bottom which we could not counter because you picked a bad hero. hon is the consummate team game and when one person just does whatever they want without looking out for the team, it isn't fun and fail usually ensues

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
there was a trilane bottom which we could not counter because you picked a bad hero. hon is the consummate team game and when one person just does whatever they want without looking out for the team, it isn't fun and fail usually ensues

How did my hero effect your tri-lane? My hero pick doesn't really explain why you guys were dying.

=O

Anyways.

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 pm 
foonat

we could not counter the trilane because you picked a horrible hero that can't do anything in a lane, so we were stuck against a double stun swiftblade lane if i recall correctly. we died like 4 times combined in 15 minutes or so, that isn't bad at all considering the disadvantage we were at. again, you don't get the team concept plus you get all upset when someone calls you out on it

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:51 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
we could not counter the trilane because you picked a horrible hero that can't do anything in a lane, so we were stuck against a double stun swiftblade lane if i recall correctly. we died like 4 times combined in 15 minutes or so, that isn't bad at all considering the disadvantage we were at. again, you don't get the team concept plus you get all upset when someone calls you out on it

You're absolutely right.

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:34 pm 
turtleman@can

Not sure why anybody plays dota or dota clones. To me it just seems like you're taking the worst aspect of warcraft 3 (creeping with heroes) and expanding upon it. I guess people enjoyed that though, I just can't see it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there is a Dota version in starcraft 2 that you guys might want to check out. I tried it once and it seemed pretty good quality even though I couldn't stand the gameplay.

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:16 pm 
DrunkeN

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
Not sure why anybody plays dota or dota clones. To me it just seems like you're taking the worst aspect of warcraft 3 (creeping with heroes) and expanding upon it. I guess people enjoyed that though, I just can't see it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there is a Dota version in starcraft 2 that you guys might want to check out. I tried it once and it seemed pretty good quality even though I couldn't stand the gameplay.

Its Called Storm on the Imperial Sanctum. I'm hooked. Got some badass heros in it, not completely balanced but there can be some epic games. DOTA type games are pretty damn fun imo.

edit: they have a decent community and constantly fix bugs/balance.

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Frostbitten

quote:

its so they can play wow without actually having to become a wow nerd Wink

http://YouTube.com/war2combat | http://YouTube.com/FrostbittenWarcraft | http://www.denverchess.com | http://www.BureauA.com

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm 
turtleman@can

Yeah makes me wonder how KHB is doing with his war2 conversion

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm 
BanMe

quote:
To me it just seems like you're taking the worst aspect of warcraft 3 (creeping with heroes) and expanding upon it. I guess people enjoyed that though, I just can't see it.

It's completely different than that comparison. For one, there are are constant battles between each side in 3 locations - making map control super important at all times. Then you have the resource management based on timed creep hits and harassing / not dying to enemy heroes - this requires skill and micromanagement decision making at all times. Then you have the high of having a good game and dominating the other team with your one hero - that feels awesome. Then you have more interesting build order progression with items and item combo's that differ for each character, how your own economy is going, and what characters you're up against. And lastly at the higher levels on top of all this you have the team aspect of using abilities together, ganking, map control - culminating in a huge amount of scenarios that could be occurring map wide at any time increasing tension and allowing game changing plays to occur at any moment.

But I guess that's the "expanding on it".

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:28 pm 
foonat

that's a good summary. i've played wow at a pretty high level (2500 3s arena rating for 2 seasons) and i'm still relatively newb at hon and hon is a lot more fun when i play with the war2 team. maybe when i'm really good it won't be as fun but meh

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm 
Rat

quote:
i'm still relatively newb

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:15 am