FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Few questions for old players.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
CBuH

Few questions for old players.

For example, on gow i started on 2, my enemy on 12. what right tactic for grunts? before i played 2rax without smith, now its doesnt working, grunt killing me because of lvl. but when i trying play 2 rax + black smith, enemy with 2rax only have more grunts, and killing me anyways. its sad.

When i playing on 1 base, and go upgrade with 17 peons, how many peons i must build later on 1 base? i always with 20-22 peons dont have much gold and wood for 3rax+ogres+lust+DK. Maybe i need make expansion before i go up? but its will make my lust slow. How you making 4 raxes? Smile

What is good protection against saps? Once i played dual, and enemy did sap me. i wasted alot of resources for protection, i needed close my base any time, after his sappers. its sad, when i wasted like 15 farms, he got lust.
thanks.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
foonat

this is pretty basic and could probably give you some guidance

http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2990

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:36 pm 
foonat

and when you dual, in 1s at least, you should always be chop rushing out so saps shouldn't be an issue. in 2s your ally probably needs to cover you better

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:41 pm 
The_G0D

It all depends when to hold/castle. See, if you're playing 2's and your nib is your ally, you wont need a cat, this will make you get lust much faster as a cat is pretty resource hungry early game. If your ally has a nib and is in a gay war, chances are other will rush, so get a cat. If you're powering (1 hall) you should have ogres early enough to counter any saps/cat rush. If you're dualing and your ally again has a nib, you should either get 2 cats or chop out rush. Remember to scout to see what they are doing to determine your strategy. Don't be afraid to change your strategy mid-game to counter whatever they might do. Too many players make a decision on what to do at the start and don't change their strategy, which in turn leads to many a knight or early icicles in their town.

You also need to account for a few things when thinking about making a 3rd/4th rax when forting. Do you have enough peons on wood early enough to account for these raxes + altar? Altar = 500 wood remember, that's a lot @ early fort stage. Also you need enough peons to sustain a continuous output of ogres; 4x raxes = 3200 gold + 400 wood, do you harvest at least this amount of resources every 20 seconds? If not, go less raxes.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:07 pm 
chaoslod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE61O-J6RFk

watch 12/2 2 gets raped by me

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am 
chaoslod

never 4 rax on a power lust. 3 rax max. on a not so power lust ya go ahead and 4 rax with 25ish peons

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am 
chaoslod

also, sappers are really a sucker punch strat. if u don't see it coming you can't defend against it because u leave urself open for anything else, if u do see it coming, it takes 3 guard towers to kill 1 sapp without it blowing up a gt. if he sends 2 or 3 sapps at a time, u'll obviously need more guard towers.

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:04 pm 
The_G0D

most decent players these days will send a grunt or 2 in with the sap, the gt will shoot the grunts giving the sap a clear run for the moneyshot.

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 pm 
$paCe

they are probably over rushing you with a 9 p stop, 5 farm build. The key is to recognize what they are doing fast and set up a defensive choke for the first couple waves. If they don't kill you early then they are fucked.

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm 
SarX

A two rax rush with late smith works well. You have to pstop to make sure you can get the grunts out.. even if they two raxed and smithed you will have 3-4 grunts more than them.

But if you don't break them and they did smith, then it will be hard to win. A well placed CT at that point will extend your life a little but they will be building a cat by that point and teching away from you.

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 pm 
SoCxYamon

i think you need to seriously go past " what do i need for LUST AND DECAY AS FAST AS PoSSIBLE!!! if you ever want to be good, you need to exercise more than just getting lust as soon as possible

Post Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 pm 
Drag(SoD)

Umm

You just go to be super pro at life.

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 pm