FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Played Nalzy in ladder today and he denied being himself.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AGNB

Played Nalzy in ladder today and he denied being himself.

First, I haven't ever played war2 with Nalzy, I only played on ru for the last few years, so i don't really know him, but this was funny.

I get matched up against "Dinh" a protoss player, and through talking with nerzy, i knew that dinh was nalzy's name and that he played toss. So I say "glhf nalzy" and he responds "?" and I continue to probe, telling him that he isn't nalzy? and then I named a few people including nerzy (who i thought were good friends of each other) and he denied knowing all of them.

He asked if I knew these people through DOTA and I said ... no, some people still play warcraft 2. and he said "people still play that game?" haha this was just mind boggling, so I just assumed it wasn't him.

After the game he whispers me and asks questions and I view his profile and hes played 200 games allied with nerzyman.

I just think that whole thing is really funny. Why would he just deny being himself? He blatantly said he wasn't nalzy.

2 other funny things, I asked if he wanted to RE because I like to play customs vs people from war2, but he said he didnt want to, i think because i was zerg and that was boring for him, but then he said "I don't play this game much, its boring" But he has 850+ league games played.

I think I play this game a shit ton and I have like 550 games played hahah

He did beat me with a proxy gateway rush demolishing my FE.

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:57 pm 
Sypher

rofl

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 pm 
BanMe

Re: Played Nalzy in ladder today and he denied being himself

quote:
Originally posted by AGNB

He did beat me with a proxy gateway rush demolishing my FE.

Who saw that coming Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:57 am 
Shotgun_

haha

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:52 am 
NaLzyMan

heh

Nerz linked me this thread, it is quite silly.

When some random newb I don't know asks me if I am nalzy, I am not going to say yes at the start of the game, because I might as well be saying "make sure you play cautiously".

As far as asking if you meant nerzyman from dota, that was an inside joke, because he always gets accused of being that guy.

After the game you established that you knew nerz on RU and asked for a RE, I said "you win you go roaches" because I didn't feel the need to be rude and say "you aren't very good no thx".

This isn't some great conspiracy to hide my identity, anyone can look at my profile and see who I game with.

I also play sporadically and not really much at all in the last month. Only reason I log on some random days lately is because nerz signed us up for a 2v2 tourney and I don't want to be completely rusty for it.

I don't know how you misconstrued what happened so badly or why you think it is important to post it on the forum.

But if you are going to talk about interactions with others, at least understand what was going on.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

Re: heh

quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan

When some random newb I don't know asks me if I am nalzy, I am not going to say yes at the start of the game, because I might as well be saying "make sure you play cautiously".

As far as asking if you meant nerzyman from dota, that was an inside joke, because he always gets accused of being that guy.

After the game you established that you knew nerz on RU and asked for a RE, I said "you win you go roaches" because I didn't feel the need to be rude and say "you aren't very good no thx".

This isn't some great conspiracy to hide my identity, anyone can look at my profile and see who I game with.

I also play sporadically and not really much at all in the last month. Only reason I log on some random days lately is because nerz signed us up for a 2v2 tourney and I don't want to be completely rusty for it.

I don't know how you misconstrued what happened so badly or why you think it is important to post it on the forum.

But if you are going to talk about interactions with others, at least understand what was going on.

you're a weirdo
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:41 am 
Soilent Green

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:

you're a weirdo

No fucking joke.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 am 
turtleman@can

I love how his entire post is drenched with self preservation.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:40 am 
Sparkz102

quote:

it's time for this weeks webpage break down on sparkz.102

quote:

oh, it's defly silly.

quote:

judgemental - how do u know hes a newb too? lets imagine u did say yes, bolstering your war2 status.. but u didnt so we'll go with the next response u suggested u'd say..
'hi nalzy'
'make sure you play cautiously'
..oh.. i get it

quote:

kinda like u get accused of being nalzy - oh the jokes are everywhere! moving on.

quote:

'you know nerzy, so i know u baby' nalzyboi, i am also arrogant, not rude - get it right!

quote:

totally kidding - if u ask me who i am, i will deny it, furthermore, u can contradict me by looking thru my available profile, because i game with nerzyman.

quote:

slob slob slob.. nalzy make nerzy happy, nalzy play game, nalzy-smash!!!

quote:

heavans no - this issue was not complicated by denying who are you, after saying u can find out who i am - this logic is brought to you by.. Nalzy.PHD

quote:
But if you are going to talk about interactions with others, at least understand what was going on

yes, please next time understand what is going on ANBG, because next time, it just might make sense.

and for that, we say, i am nalzyman?

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:12 pm 
AGNB

hahah wow.

I think I did understand what was going on, being that I was participating in the conversation...??? As far as the whole "i don't want anyone to know who I am because I don't want them to play cautiously" I don't even understand that.

This thread was just something I thought was funny, not that it was important, and that is the purpose of forums...

And about the no-re, I don't really mind, but im pretty sure im higher than you on ladder and you've played more games than me soooo im down if your down but i don't care if you don't want to re, it just made me laugh so i posted it here.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:38 pm 
Sypher

Fact: I play very haphazardly unless I am playing Nalzyman

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:34 pm 
BanMe

funny that nalzy knows how horrible he is he will lie about his identity even when someone knows it's him just so the only way he can win (with a proxy) has a slightly better chance of working.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:55 pm 
Shotgun_

haha very true

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by AGNB
hahah wow.

I think I did understand what was going on, being that I was participating in the conversation...??? As far as the whole "i don't want anyone to know who I am because I don't want them to play cautiously" I don't even understand that.

This thread was just something I thought was funny, not that it was important, and that is the purpose of forums...

And about the no-re, I don't really mind, but im pretty sure im higher than you on ladder and you've played more games than me soooo im down if your down but i don't care if you don't want to re, it just made me laugh so i posted it here.

You don't understand it because you know nothing about me. But I can't know that going in when I have no idea who you are. If you had known anything about me you might have been a bit more cautious to early game aggression, since that is the style of play I decided to use in war2 after mastering the cookbooking and getting bored of it.

And just because you are part of a conversation doesn't mean you understand the jist of it at all.

You have played more 1on1s than me on sc2 ladder, and the only reason you are higher is because the majority of my games were when the game first came out, aka less bonus pool, less inflation, less big point wins early on.

But aside from nerzyman I am probably the only war2 player that managed to crack top 50 in US ladder rating back when I was 1280 and people were floating around 1400 max. If you stop playing and the ladder inflates though your rank keeps dropping.

I'm not good at sc2 at all, I don't pretend to be, I don't take the game seriously or practice it consistently. There are some people on these forums that think they can hang with top players when they have no chance whatsoever though. Then there are others who bitch about balance issues when they are stuck at a low rating, the only people that should bitch about balance issues are top players, because if you aren't a top player there are many mistakes you could be fixing to improve your play instead of just waiting for your race to be OP so that you can get easier wins.

I don't know what you expect though AGNB, do you think having a higher ladder rating than me now when I don't play frequently is going to impress me? You died to 3 zealots to a strat that should NEVER work, let alone after zealot build times were nerfed.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
AGNB

haha not trying to impress you or anyone, never said i was good, just said it was funny, thats all. If you cracked top 50 early on, good job. I never claimed to be a top player

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:58 am 
-667-

much lulz in here, thanks

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:38 pm 
The_G0D

I think nerzy linking nalzy to this thread was probably not the smartest idea...

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 pm 
Fast Luck

Lols were had, Nalzy playin his part perfectly

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 pm 
ArchAngel

quote:

HAHAHHAHA

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote