FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Razer Starcraft ii mouse.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Logitech MX518.

Still the best mouse on the market for the price.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GreenHorn

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
Logitech MX518.

Still the best mouse on the market for the price.

I payed $40 for mine some time ago. Best mouse I've ever had.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

I have a G9 but i didn't buy the mouse on any illusion itd make me more skilled. I bought it for comfort and reliability over shitty normal mouses

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
It doesn't make near as much difference as your skill level.

If someone's better than you they'll still be better than you. Save $65.

It is one of the few factors that influence a game that you have direct control over. I like having good equipment when i play sports. I don't see why esports is any different.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 pm 
Fast Luck

It's like buying new shoes and thinking it'll help your basketball game

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:13 pm 
Sypher

quote:

Not really.

Some mice are absolutely awful for RTS gaming because their resolution is too low.

I used to have the same thought process as you, but as I got better and faster, I realized that my mouse wasn't as precise as i'd like it to be. What did I do? Go out and buy a mouse with higher DPI.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:48 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
quote:

Not really.

Some mice are absolutely awful for RTS gaming because their resolution is too low.

I used to have the same thought process as you, but as I got better and faster, I realized that my mouse wasn't as precise as i'd like it to be. What did I do? Go out and buy a mouse with higher DPI.
LOL

Winning a lot more games now huh?

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm 
Sypher

You wouldn't understand. DPI means shit if your playing a shitty 15 year old game in 640x480

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:

Good basketball shoes do help my game. They give better traction, allow me to change direction in an instant and give me the support i need so i don't roll an ankle.
I also have special shoes for running. Having proper gear is important to prevent injury and maximize performance.
Maybe you don't play any sports competitively.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 pm 
turtleman@can

yes the first time I ever dunked a basketball was when I put on a new pair of air jordans. Previously I had some flat footed bargain shoes. You could argue that the soles were thicker, giving me a bit of a height gain, but I think it was more to do with the fact that I wasn't afraid of landing.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
quote:

Good basketball shoes do help my game. They give better traction, allow me to change direction in an instant and give me the support i need so i don't roll an ankle.
Exactly, you feel the difference, but you're not going to beat anyone 1v1 that you would've lost to, ever, because of the shoes. Same with mouse. Except with the mouse there's no increase in safety or comfort or anything and just the nonexistent skill boost.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm 
BanMe

quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly, you feel the difference, but you're not going to beat anyone 1v1 that you would've lost to, ever, because of the shoes. Same with mouse. Except with the mouse there's no increase in safety or comfort or anything and just the nonexistent skill boost.

not true. Starcraft has a huge player base so the skill levels can be very close. It can definitely make a difference, I don't even play SC2 at work anymore because I see myself falling way behind my usual pace at home and losing because of it, when winning would otherwise be easy.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:

Actually I will. Shoes make a big difference on an indoor court. I get the feeling you've never played Bball at a reasonable level. I played from public school to my high school varsity team. In order to fake anyone out, you need excellent traction and shoes that give you good mobility. It is not just about going forward. You need great lateral movement and be able to stop on a dime. A normal running shoe is not built for this and you'll end up rolling your ankle if you aren't sliding all over the floor.

At the amateur level equipment doesn't matter. That is your argument. I've spent 14 years playing RTS, I'm not new.

While I wouldn't consider myself pro at scii I was diamond league after the last reset. The reset where the highest level you could get after placement matches was platinum.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:28 pm 
turtleman@can

yeah I don't know what fast luck is talking about. I think he's just pissed off that he doesn't own a salmosa ™ which is understandable.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

*takes regular game mouse and puts sc2 logo on it and an apm counter*

*doubles the price*

idiot consumer: "OMFG its the OFFICIAL starcraft 2 mouse!!! gotta have it!! more money = better player"

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:54 am 
7VlesSiah

The notion that the type of mouse, keyboard or monitor you use will have no effect on you play is pure stupidity. I don't even know how you could argue that. Maybe a cheap mouse that costs 30 bucks will be the best one. Maybe it is the lightest and has no extra buttons that you'll never use. Thing is, your choice of mouse will effect your play.

I could play war2 with my LX700 wireless mouse but my reaction time is super slow with it.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 am 
7VlesSiah

"Tournament-ready and designed for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, the Razer Spectre StarCraft IIGaming Mouse is a lightweight, five-button mouse designed to provide precision and control for RTS gamers. The Razer Spectre features the newly developed APM (Actions-Per-Minute) Lighting System with a multi-color LED that provides real-time performance feedback through changing lighting hues and adjustable mouse button force settings for optimal mouse click speed and control. Equipped with a powerful 5600dpi Razer Precision™ 3.5G laser sensor and a 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ 1 ms response time, the Razer Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse gives gamers exactly what they are looking for in an RTS mouse"

sounds so good on paper.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
"Tournament-ready and designed for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, the Razer Spectre StarCraft IIGaming Mouse is a lightweight, five-button mouse designed to provide precision and control for RTS gamers. The Razer Spectre features the newly developed APM (Actions-Per-Minute) Lighting System with a multi-color LED that provides real-time performance feedback through changing lighting hues and adjustable mouse button force settings for optimal mouse click speed and control. Equipped with a powerful 5600dpi Razer Precision™ 3.5G laser sensor and a 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ 1 ms response time, the Razer Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse gives gamers exactly what they are looking for in an RTS mouse"

sounds so good on paper.

wow, can't believe a company with a product to sell makes it sound good in their advertisements. it MUST be worth the money
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 am 
7VlesSiah

I haven't once said it was worth the money. I said it could be good.

I'd never write off a mouse made by a major gaming company without seeing some user reviews.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 am