FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Rankings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
foonat

thanks, i didn't like the game at first but i think it's because i didn't give it enough time to learn right off the bat and i would just do the same thing every game and get frustrated. one big knock i have on it though is the lack of community building features, like no chat. it'd be cool if we had a chatroom we could all go to and hang out in to get games with each other. i also don't like the user name system, with an identifier, when you can only see their first name anyway when chatting or in game

Post Wed May 19, 2010 10:11 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
thanks, i didn't like the game at first but i think it's because i didn't give it enough time to learn right off the bat and i would just do the same thing every game and get frustrated. one big knock i have on it though is the lack of community building features, like no chat. it'd be cool if we had a chatroom we could all go to and hang out in to get games with each other. i also don't like the user name system, with an identifier, when you can only see their first name anyway when chatting or in game

I noticed the lack of community right away but it is also lacking many other things and I assume it is all beta related. They don't want people chatting, they want statistics for race balancing. Maybe when they close the beta down on May 31st they will implement the rest.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
not really because if u got say 1800 rating in gold then got premoted to plat urd be back to 1000, so r u better then someone in plat because they only made it to 1400 rating so far?

btw good job gettin into plat that fast foonat

well i meant ratings of people in the same league, obviously 1400 gold isn't the same as 1400 plat

and yeah i assume they'll have chat rooms at launch or shortly after, a lack of chat channels would really blow :\
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
not really because if u got say 1800 rating in gold then got premoted to plat urd be back to 1000, so r u better then someone in plat because they only made it to 1400 rating so far?

btw good job gettin into plat that fast foonat

well i meant ratings of people in the same league, obviously 1400 gold isn't the same as 1400 plat

and yeah i assume they'll have chat rooms at launch or shortly after, a lack of chat channels would really blow :\

They've already announced that they aren't putting chat channels in for launch because it won't make it in time... but they did say they are going to put them in after launch. Who knows when though...

Post Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

that's not 100% confirmed. they said something like that way back when beta started but since then there's been a lot of uproar about it and they've hinted in interviews they might be changing their minds on that

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 20, 2010 8:26 am 
Capook

sc2 is way eaiser than gow/hi

It wasn't very hard to get to 1500 platinum and I'm still winning...

Post Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 pm 
kublikhan

post some replays capook......

Post Fri May 21, 2010 2:41 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
Originally posted by Capook
sc2 is way eaiser than gow/hi

It wasn't very hard to get to 1500 platinum and I'm still winning...

1500 plat would only be considered 'average' that's why

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:30 pm