FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Terran vs Terran

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
^AdaM^

Terran vs Terran

How do you stop a suv stop reaper rush. I have had a lot of people do this against me, and I have yet to have a good solution to it. Does anyone know? Marines seems to be a bit slow chasing a reaper around.

Thanks,
Adam

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

well theoretically i don't think there's any reason u can't have marauders by this time
my early terran build would be to basically get supply depot, then a rax asap followed immediately by orbital command and then gas asap and then build a marine , by the time my marine is done i have 25 gas to get rax upgrade + another rax usually while marine is building. I don't really see a reason to make more than 1 marine early game unless you're doing some crazy proxy rush or going for a hard tech upgrade.

anyway with my build i make a marauder immediately which will hold off 2-3 reapers by itself. just don't go chasing them around your base so they can walk you in a circle and then pick off your svcs when you've been lead too far away to protect them. Just stick your marauder in the middle of your workers and he'll lose his reapers, but it's unavoidable that you'll lose a worker or three. Once you have a few marauders in play his reaper attacks will stop.

Another tip is to build your first barracks right next to your command center so there's no gap of time between it finishing and being able to defend you. You shouldn't wall off your choke against terran in the early game anyway since it doesn't really do anything (they're all ranged units) besides offer up a free target

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:59 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i'm not sure but i think hes talking about cheese strats where they get a mega early (possibly proxy) rax and tech lab and then attack with marauders

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm 
turtleman@can

well if they're coming at you real fast with a proxy you should be able to scout that happening . if u see they're getting gas and dont have a rax i guess it's a safe assumption they're reaper rushing in which case u get a marauder asap without making any marines although it seems kind of silly to proxy rush reapers

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

people do it all the time. its an all in cheese but people do it and like most all-in cheese strats its really effective if the other guy doesn't expect it or scout it

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm 
Scrubbolator

marauders are the counter to reapers especially once you get concussive shot

if you scout a very early / proxy reaper rush then you build a bunker right in your mineral line and put marines in there quickly until you can get a marauder out

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator
marauders are the counter to reapers especially once you get concussive shot

if you scout a very early / proxy reaper rush then you build a bunker right in your mineral line and put marines in there quickly until you can get a marauder out

wouldn't they still be able to outmicro this + it would significantly slow down your marauder. I just picture reapers blowing up my tech lab on my rax while my marines are huddled in a bunker protecting my workers

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

you're not going to be able to get a marauder out in time if he went 7 scv proxy reaper

quote:

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm 
Shotgun_

Theres nothing wrong with early reaper harrass u can micro marines to kill them no matter how early they go reapers.

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 am 
^AdaM^

Thanks guys for the advise.

hassan-i-sabbah hit it right on the head when he says they suv stop at 7 or 8 and produce reapers. This is the one I am having trouble with.

Post Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

Re: Thanks guys for the advise.

quote:
Originally posted by ^AdaM^
hassan-i-sabbah hit it right on the head when he says they suv stop at 7 or 8 and produce reapers. This is the one I am having trouble with.

Marines and SUV's can stop them from destroying you.

If they get to you before your barracks is done (which is unlikely), then use suv's to keep the reaper away from your barracks suv as he builds it.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Scrubbolator

http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/3502

how do you stop this with marines + scvs? and if the reaper is in your base before your rax is up you might as well leave

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote