FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

patch 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

yes, but without it zerg are weak as shit

like i said, i get done with a fight and see my nexus is 100 energy i can spread that 100 energy over 4 buildings. zerg gets done and his queen has 100 energy, he missed 4 chances to spawn larva and has to wait 25 seconds to see any benefit from the one spawn larva he can use (or two because realistically the zerg probably has an expo)

i think the abilities are balanced overall, but i think taking out the wireframe casting is a mistake and it disproportionately hurts zerg over the other races. its not like i'm saying spawn larva should be autocast or something ridiculous like that, you still have to remember to actually do it

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 pm 
turtleman@can

well when I'm playing as zerg, I use the creep tumors and try to use the queen health boost which can both be useful (although not as useful as terran's choices), plus under a lot of conditions you probably don't have a queen for every hatchery you build. Zerg also have the ability to mass produce queens at no cost to their ability to produce units. I think blizzard had in mind that queens were going to play a larger role in combat as the game gets farther along, with creep tumors u can pretty much cover the map and queens on creep are a pretty powerful combat unit.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

queens aren't a good combat unit at all (maybe, maybe in the early game, but even then i doubt it), good players typically have a queen per hatch except in special circumstances, and if you're spawning larva and using creep tumors right you probably don't have much use for transfusion. like transfusion is pretty much the only queen ability thats at all useful in combat and every attribute of the queen, there's an actual zerg combat unit that does it better (speed, attack, armor, hp, etc).

about the only viable use for queens in combat that i can see is maybe making extra if you think a toss is going for fast void rays

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 pm 
turtleman@can

well that really makes no sense. If I'm a zerg player in a late game scenario, ideally I've got half the map covered in creep and I'm attacking with queens. Think about the queen unit. How is it NOT a good combat unit? I'm not saying forego other units in favor of it. I'm saying you're in a game vs lets say terran and you're both pretty even. You've each got 2/3 bases and you've got 3 queens at home after a big battle that left you both with heavy losses. You've got 1k minerals stored up, u build x amount of units and have 450 minerals left. Build 3 queens, send the 3 u've already got along with your newly produced forces and all of a sudden you've got a big ass army that can heal itself while terran is waiting on his queue'd up barracks. gg

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:41 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
Think about the queen unit. How is it NOT a good combat unit?

slow as shit off creep and not that fast on it either, low damage, not a lot of hp, not good armor, pretty sure a queen loses to a zealot 1on1 and if not its really close

if you have all those minerals stored up after a big fight why do you need the queens to go with you at all? zerg production capacity means you'll outproduce the fuck out of him anyway, and with the 450 you just spent on queens you could make even more shit or take another expansion. queens are slow as dogshit once you get to his base and you're off the creep, transfusion costs 50 energy (or more? can't remember) and is single target, which isn't that useful with a big zerg army

again if you have a replay of this working against a good player i'd be interested

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm 
Aerasal

i've watched dozens of replays of the best zerg players and i've never seen a queen used in such a way. queens always stay near the hatchery and their only use as a combat unit is light support against very early and light rushes or harassment against the mineral line.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 pm 
turtleman@can

hey it might sound stupid right now because all of the best zerg players aren't doing it but give it time, I am more insightful into the ways of sc2 than even the most seasoned of veterans.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm 
kublikhan

I had no idea you were so wise turtleman.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 pm