FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

low resource/ef tactics

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rS.Dendra

low resource/ef tactics

hi,i'm new to this game,playin it for 3days. i love orcs but since everyone plays 'em i won't be gay pussy so i started playing humans.
i'm interested in beginning build orders.how to get fast keek or fast exp and survive rush,etc. so any help would be appreciated.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
SoCxHoP

what resource setting? orcs are easier to learn on btw.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:07 pm 
rS.Dendra

u think like "default resource setting"? i dunno,cuz i just make map,put resources on low and speed ef

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

i think the 4 farm then rax rush is the best choice on these settings.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:42 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

3 farm is better.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:00 pm 
KaNuKs

yes right.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:38 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

3 farm is better

if you dont care about winning

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:41 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
3 farm is better

if you dont care about winning

You wouldn't win with either strat so it wouldn't really matter.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:16 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

you still aren't good at war2 and never will be

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:37 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

I'm one of the best ever, if not THE BEST player ever.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:51 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:52 pm 
SoCxHoP

4 farm barracks and mill first.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:09 pm 
KGBagent58

you know, I don't think your bickering really helps someone whos new learn what to do Sad

so on low res.
you should build a hall as close to the gold mine as possible, then a farm (but don't put anything between the hall and mine). Then send the peon to get gold and make another peon. Send the next one to get gold and make another when you can. Keep making peons till you have 5, having the last three get wood. When you have 250 wood, take a peon who just returned with wood and make a farm.

Now there are many different strategies, so you should play around to figure out what works well and what doesn't work. Playing around with where you send the next peons (gold or wood) will halp you when you have different starting resources (map default, medium, or high), and you will soon realize what seems to work best.

The three farm rax means make three farms before you build a barracks. The four farm rax means make four farms first. Of course the 3 farm rax will get grunts faster but at the price of peons and future speed...one important figure to keep in mind is that it takes 3x as long to chop wood as gold, so if you have one peon on wood and one on gold you can expect to get 100 wood by the time you get 300 gold.

Also if you can wall in (use trees and buildings - not walls - to prevent the enemy from getting to your peons), you might consider walling in and making a lumber mill instead of a barracks. If your opponent attacks, repair the buildings to keep him out and make a tower to protect them. Don't forget to leave yourself enough room inside the wall in to make the buildings you will need (barracks, smith, mound). You can also chop to make room, but if you have to wait to build something because you don't have room, you are either playing mini chop chop or you are going to be in trouble.

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:45 am 
fiftyfour40

quote:
Originally posted by KGBagent58
you know, I don't think your bickering really helps someone whos new learn what to do Sad

so on low res.
you should build a hall as close to the gold mine as possible, then a farm (but don't put anything between the hall and mine). Then send the peon to get gold and make another peon. Send the next one to get gold and make another when you can. Keep making peons till you have 5, having the last three get wood. When you have 250 wood, take a peon who just returned with wood and make a farm.

Now there are many different strategies, so you should play around to figure out what works well and what doesn't work. Playing around with where you send the next peons (gold or wood) will halp you when you have different starting resources (map default, medium, or high), and you will soon realize what seems to work best.

The three farm rax means make three farms before you build a barracks. The four farm rax means make four farms first. Of course the 3 farm rax will get grunts faster but at the price of peons and future speed...one important figure to keep in mind is that it takes 3x as long to chop wood as gold, so if you have one peon on wood and one on gold you can expect to get 100 wood by the time you get 300 gold.

Also if you can wall in (use trees and buildings - not walls - to prevent the enemy from getting to your peons), you might consider walling in and making a lumber mill instead of a barracks. If your opponent attacks, repair the buildings to keep him out and make a tower to protect them. Don't forget to leave yourself enough room inside the wall in to make the buildings you will need (barracks, smith, mound). You can also chop to make room, but if you have to wait to build something because you don't have room, you are either playing mini chop chop or you are going to be in trouble.

dont give advice newbie fag

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 pm 
GaNz

hall ---> farm.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:27 pm 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by GaNz
hall ---> farm ---> temple

fixed

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:08 pm