FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

OK, THE NEW SERVER'S REAL PROBLEM IS :

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
KaNuKs

OK, THE NEW SERVER'S REAL PROBLEM IS :

Peoples have bragged about hackers but i dont think its the real problem for me. Simply put, hackers are scared of me. They knows i ss them when their hall is building and they know i will ss them throughout the game. They knows i have a good credibility so the last thing they wants is to have to deny me a ss. Hell i think most hackers just dont hack against me because theyre too scared to get caught.

The real damn problem is, and thats one heck of a problem, that 50% of the players can't host a damn game on the russian server. Annoyingly enough, that 50% consist of most of the best players available. The only 2 good players that can host are Tyrus and Viruz. Besides that, its simple : they all can't host and most of the best 1on1 ladder matchups just can't take place.

Needless to say that it's nearly impossible to reach top 5 ladder when u cant host : u can't play most of the higher rater player and it takes half an hour to find a player willing to 1v1 you and able to host. Most of the time, that player's ranking is low and you end up getting a mere 5 points after searching an opponent for 30 mins and beating on him for 10 mins. 40 mins to gain 5 points is rediculous.

To be honest, we really need to be able to have watchers, not only to host the game for us but also because sometimes its fun to watch a game and everyone can agree with me.

I think an igl league is superior to this league only because of that. What about starting an igl league with some serious rules about watching, ss request, warvids request etc? A 1on1 league of course. Team leagues are, imo, not serious at all since most players will always ally the same player and will refuse every 1on1.

Another good thing about an igl league is that records don't get screwed by hacking. If you play a game and lose but the day after the opponent is proved to be hacking, then the admin can just cancel your loss. IGL leagues are far better when it comes to administrating a league since no records changes directly after the games takes place unlike an automated ladder like the russian server.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:04 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

Alot of people claim they can't host games on East as well ,including you scrub.
Now most of them are lazy lying faggot and the rest need new connections , learn how to set their routers up properly, etc. fuck off .

Last edited by Strapping Young Lad on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:19 pm 
~Heal

please dont be stupid. you have a keen eye for a problem that yeah some people cant host, but refrain from ever askign for another igl league again.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

Well you dont seem to get it. At least on east there was always a watcher willing to host for us. I can not find games anymore on the new server. Barely can find 2 games a day. I spend a lot more times trying to find a game than actually playing it which is very frustrating. Of course, for the ones that can host, there is no problem at all. For us that can't host, it is getting real annoying. Yesterday it happened to me 4 times : we were 3 in the channel asking for 1v1s but none of us could fucking host.

As i recall, a ladder's purpose is to promote a competitional environnement but cutting the possible opponnents by 50% because only one half can host doesnt brings any competition.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:01 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

If you want competition, find a game that was made this decade and there will be lots of competition.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:15 pm 
Fast Luck

I think Kanuks makes a good point.

If two guys want to play ladder and neither can host, they need someone to host for them. But with the built-in ladder, there can't be a watcher because it would mess up everyone's scoring.

I can't think of many easy fixes for that. The most "easy" fix I can think of is if a player leaves 10 seconds into the game or so, the game counts as if that person was never in the game. Then someone could host for you and then leave quickly. I guess we can ask Ldir about that.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:32 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

I want to know why there is so many fuckheads not able to host games.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:04 pm 
eS[MaGe]

If people want to host, just tell them to go to www.portforward.com and follow the instructions there. The ports that need to be forwarded are 6112-6119.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:05 pm 
Tyrus

What if the guy who hosted leave before 2 mins Sad

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

Is there a way to manually register a game played. I mean we could play the game melee, then send the replay to the admin who would use his power to manually register the win into the database, giving points to the winner and such.

Is this possible? It could fix the whole thing easily. We would need to promote it so that everyone knows we can play melee game. The watcher would kind of be the referee to make sure the game happened and that both players agreed that it was ladder.

Any thoughts?

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:46 pm 
SoCxHoP

quote:
Originally posted by eS[MaGe]
If people want to host, just tell them to go to www.portforward.com and follow the instructions there. The ports that need to be forwarded are 6112-6119.

this is the key. it walks you through it very easily... the problem with this comes when you don't have access to the router. a school network, say, won't be modifiable. still, 80% of the hosting problems could be fixed with portforward.com

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:00 pm 
KaNuKs

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxHoP
quote:
Originally posted by eS[MaGe]

this is the key. it walks you through it very easily... the problem with this comes when you don't have access to the router. a school network, say, won't be modifiable. still, 80% of the hosting problems could be fixed with portforward.com

that is exactly my case. school network.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:51 pm 
ViRuZ

man i never knew that so many people cannot host games. i've never had trouble hosting even when my internet sux for a few days. i hope u guys find a solution to this problem asap so that good ladder games become easier to find. thank you

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:27 am 
KaNuKs

well there isnt any problems with you viruz since u can host and i see you get games very easily. you will get a problem once everyone will get borred not to find a game and everyone will just quit.

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:03 pm