FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

King of the Hill part 3

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
[24-7]Guan-Yu

King of the Hill part 3

Kith-Kanin and Valkrie will play for the King of the Hill title. Valkrie was the only challenger. Reason for this might be that a couple of players didnt know about it. They'll have their chance the next round ofcourse. Maybe Ywfn will finally get his chance then.
The series will probably take place on Thursday or Friday. Kith and Valk, its up to you guys to pick a suitable time. It might be nice if you let us know when and where you will play, so there can be a referee and a battle report too. I'll probably make a battle report and if the time is right I might be able to referee all games.
May be force be with you.

Post Wed Nov 01, 2000 3:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Ender-Wiggin

King of the Hill part 3

Will you let me record??

Post Wed Nov 01, 2000 5:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Valkrie

King of the Hill part 3

ehehe
a referee, im hoping something like that will not be necessary =P

Ender i don tmind if u record as long as its not laggy etc..

Post Wed Nov 01, 2000 5:39 pm 
No name flamer

King of the Hill part 3

Naturally someone has to record the series, thats what made it so great and popular. Boot the unnecessary people first (people that just watch). For example Guan-Yu that just watch the game doing nothing should leave first in case of lag, then the game reporter. The recorder never leaves, or the KotH will lose its greatness.

Recorded games own game reports.
Stupid comments from watchers owns nothing.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 4:29 am 
reaverlisk

King of the Hill part 3

Moron,you dont boot the reporter,or play without one,it wouldnt be a koth without game reports.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 5:56 am 
No name flamer

King of the Hill part 3

Who do you call moron? You're the one that's clueless.
IF the game is laggy, the last person to boot is the recorder.
A recording is better than a gamereport. A whole new dimension. You get to actually see the game instead of watching some crappy pictures.
If the game runs smooth even with two watchers, of course the gamereporter can stay.
People doing nothing should just get the hell out of the game. Let newbies watch instead, maybe they'll learn something.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 9:10 am 
[24-7]Guan-Yu

King of the Hill part 3

No name flamer, I agree with you that recorded games own battlereports. Unfortunately a lot of people still have relatively crappy connections, downloading 50 MB for a recorded game will take too long for them, so they need battlereports.
Battlereports are still cool I think. They leave more room for background information, humor and strategy explanation. I hope Ender can record the games, or maybe someone else can do it. Heck, I might even mess around with that recording program myself, although messing around with programs is not my thing :P
About referees, we all know what War2 has come to, hacking is very easy now. Although I'm convinced Kith and Valk (or other former participants) dont hack, even the slightest doubt about hacking should not be surrounding this competition.
About lag, the games will have 5 people in them at max. If someone's lagging, he is out. Problem solved. I doubt this will happen though.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 11:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
reaverlisk

King of the Hill part 3

It would be better to NOT EVEN play the game then to boot a reporter.The game can always be saved,postponed.Its like having the Dream team vs Harlem Globetrotters and then booting all the reports/cameras outta the stadium.Get a clue.I dont mind downloading a 50mb file and im on a 56k,but game reports offer strategy advice to newbies,they have humor.The guy writing the report (Guan Yu or Axolotl whoever it is) should be the one recording.Its not hard Guan,just hit record and thats it.
--reaverlisk

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 2:27 pm 
Noss

King of the Hill part 3

Reaverlisk, a battle report is accompanied by screenshots. You take screenshots in-game. You often take more screenshots than you would actually put in a battle report. Now imagine: how annoying would it be to d/l a 50 meg video that has the negative image camera effect snapping every few min.? That's why ya have a battle report and a recorder

---
Noss

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 5:14 pm 
reaverlisk

King of the Hill part 3

gay.
well anyways that would be 4 people then

Post Thu Nov 02, 2000 7:39 pm 
reaverlisk

King of the Hill part 3

IF gow is played,make it flipped gow.Or if it has to be regualr gow,make it humans only.I bet youve already started the game though.

Post Fri Nov 03, 2000 4:14 pm 
BiZaTcH

King of the Hill part 3

I would be interested in being the game reporter...if no1 else 'rises to the occasion'

there will be more than 1 game, so i think that more than 1 person should get a shot at it anyways..

------------------
BNE Tournament Club -- http://www.warcraft.org/tournaments SIGN UP NOW!

Warcraft Haven -- The ULTIMATE Warcraft Resource: http://wchaven.wcnation.com

Post Fri Nov 03, 2000 5:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Noss

King of the Hill part 3

I think the best storyteller should report the game... this person should know alot about war2 strategy AND be able to explain it for us "n00bs" Looking from past battle reports, I think Pimster has impressed me the most with his story-telling abilities... Maybe we should vote on who gets to be game reporter?

---
Noss

Post Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:56 pm