FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

drinking on a school field trip (serious thread)

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
foonat

drinking on a school field trip (serious thread)

does anyone know of anyone getting caught on a school field trip drinking alcohol?? if so what happened to them. serious posts only plz

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:30 pm 
Zeno

During a school competition in Jacksonville our top medical math competitor got caught drinking in the hotel lobby. The coordinator caught her, and I believe she was expelled.

Bare in mind this was a half month before her graduation.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:19 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Zeno
During a school competition in Jacksonville our top medical math competitor got caught drinking in the hotel lobby. The coordinator caught her, and I believe she was expelled.

\

Some people in a group I went with to New York back in High school got caught drinking in their Room. They were suspended for a week, for the incident. However, this was about 6 years ago, in Canada, so I dont know that the outcome would be for you. I think it varies by school.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Skechers

one time 2 poeple were having sex on a bench in the 8th grade, and he got expelled and did not get to graduate, this was in a cathlioc school non the less!

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:55 pm 
foonat

well our teacher is very cool....she's not angry at us, just a bit disappointed and she';s trying to get us off with as little punishment as possible. also, we are sticking by our story that we did not buy the alcohol and it was some other kids (other schools were at the hotel as well) that brought it in. i'm just wondering whether i shuld tell me parents since the teacher said not to until she told us, but it is inevitable for them to find out

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:42 pm 
Skechers

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
well our teacher is very cool....she's not angry at us, just a bit disappointed and she';s trying to get us off with as little punishment as possible. also, we are sticking by our story that we did not buy the alcohol and it was some other kids (other schools were at the hotel as well) that brought it in. i'm just wondering whether i shuld tell me parents since the teacher said not to until she told us, but it is inevitable for them to find out

lol, im going to get ur IP trace you and tell the truth to your school and parents, if i don't who will save your soul

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:46 pm 
foonat

...serious posts only please

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:52 pm 
ThreeUp3Down

What did you expect from Skechers? How do you get caught drinking? We drink IN school and I don't think anyone has ever been caught.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:25 pm 
foonat

someone snitched, and apparently the teacher believed them. she then proceeded to get 3 of the kids out of class, and ask them and they admitted to it

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:31 pm 
WyZe

Every year people from our school go trips to Quebec and Greece with the school and basically all they do is get drunk the whole time.. so you probably won't get in any trouble

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:55 pm 
Aerasal

atleast even if you get in trouble your classmates will think you are cool

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:20 pm 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by Zeno

haha man, i really can't believe someone's life got ruined like that

in greece there isn't even a legal drinking age. you have to be 18 to buy alcohol, but i don't think i've ever even been asked for id. we used to go to clubs and get wasted on school field trips. they did however, not allow us to drink in the hotel rooms, and we did anyway. they inspected the rooms a few times, but never found anything. i remember hiding a bottle of smirnoff in the ceiling once. it was a sorta cheap hotel, and the ceiling had a bunch of square things that you could push up. so i put it there just as the teachers were walking towards the room. good times~

btw wyze, what kind of schools have field trips to greece? and how long do they stay here? greece really is one of the coolest places to visit

edit: the teachers threatened that if they caught us drinking in the hotel rooms, they wouldn't allow us to participate in any field trips in the future

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
WyZe

They usually go for a week to greece and like 9 dayd to quebec i think? usually over spring break they go to quebec and over this break they go to greece.

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:52 pm 
Eradicate

oh no you drank on a school sponsored field trip where you're constantly supervised, wah wah

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
oh no you drank on a school sponsored field trip where you're constantly supervised, wah wah

actually, no, we had freedom to do whatever we wanted in all of orlando as long as we were at the meetings once/daily except for the last day that was two meetings. no one would have found out about our drinking if some bitch girl hadnt decided to tell the teacher we were drinking (there is no evidence). the teacher questioned 3 kids, they admitted. don't respond being a smartass when you don't know what you are talking about, moron

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:51 am 
Doritoe-

Our school is going to ireland. the drinking age is 10 i hear. rofl

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:32 pm 
Eradicate

quote:

actually, no, we had freedom to do whatever we wanted in all of orlando as long as we were at the meetings once/daily except for the last day that was two meetings. no one would have found out about our drinking if some bitch girl hadnt decided to tell the teacher we were drinking (there is no evidence). the teacher questioned 3 kids, they admitted. don't respond being a smartass when you don't know what you are talking about, moron

I'm sure the school supervisors in all their wisdom let you run rampant on the streets of Orlando, so that in any case of liability they can claim no responsibility. You're full of shit. How is anyone suppose to know what the hell you're talking about? It's your school, not ours, and assuming it's a public school it's going to be a harsh punishment. More teen angst brought on by your own stupidity.

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ThePanacea

I've gone to theme parks and such in even middle school where we don't even have chaperones watching us in the parks .. granted I don't think I've been on a single HS field trip.

Last edited by ThePanacea on Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:19 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
quote:

I'm sure the school supervisors in all their wisdom let you run rampant on the streets of Orlando, so that in any case of liability they can claim no responsibility. You're full of shit. How is anyone suppose to know what the hell you're talking about? It's your school, not ours, and assuming it's a public school it's going to be a harsh punishment. More teen angst brought on by your own stupidity.

this thread is about suggestions and comments on what has happened to people drinking in school, not for morons like you to come in here and flame anything, even though what you say does not carryeven the slightest speck of importance. and yes, they did let us do as we pleased, we signed papers releasing them of liability, etc. by the way, i know it's my school and not yours so why do you talk out of your ass? it's funny how you say 'teen angst' when you are a teenager yourself. and i'm a senior in high school, panacea. and as of now, nothing has happened and if anyone questions me i'm denying it all, since there is no evidence other than 4 people admitting they were drinking

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:19 pm 
Eradicate

quote:

this thread is about suggestions and comments on what has happened to people drinking in school, not for morons like you to come in here and flame anything, even though what you say does not carryeven the slightest speck of importance. and yes, they did let us do as we pleased, we signed papers releasing them of liability, etc. by the way, i know it's my school and not yours so why do you talk out of your ass? it's funny how you say 'teen angst' when you are a teenager yourself. and i'm a senior in high school, panacea. and as of now, nothing has happened and if anyone questions me i'm denying it all, since there is no evidence other than 4 people admitting they were drinking

You must be drunk right now, because I couldn't find a coherent sentence in the bunch.

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:07 pm 
foonat

you must not be able to read a coherent sentence then

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:17 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by ThePanacea
I've gone to theme parks and such in even middle school where we don't even have chaperones watching us in the parks .. granted I don't think I've been on a single HS field trip.

same in highschool. but ofcourse, you gotta get shit signed by your parents before going. so in the case of you dropping dead on the field trip, the school is not liable.

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:44 pm 
Aerasal

for example when cooter was killed on the civil war fieldtrip. principle seymore said "thank god for parent permission slips!" and i giggled

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:47 pm