FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Computer Problem, Need help!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SC~Terror

Computer Problem, Need help!

Ok, normally I am pretty good with figuring out problems, but this one has me stumped.

Yesterday something happened to my computer and now when I click on my computer, control panel, internet explorer, etc. the computer screen flashes and returns to the same state. ie none of them will open. I am assuming something deleted a file or screwed something up royally. I can click on them when I open it up in safe mode and things work fine on that limited basis, but I have no idea what can be causing this. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I don't particularly want to Fdisk and reinstall everything. Thanks in advance.

Gabe

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:47 pm 
SaBiQ

Re: Computer Problem, Need help!

Even if you can get everything to run normally again, you probably won't have solved the original problem and this could slow you down and mess stuff up worse later on. Sorry, but I advise you F the Disk.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:16 pm 
Jza

Yo T, I know this may be simple and you've probably done it already, but go into the msconfig startup tab and uncheck everything. Every single thing. See if that helps. I've been through some weird shit with people and Fdisk usually is never needed. There's usually a cure unless your HD is dying. Make sure your memory is reading the correct amount in the control panel also. Usually if a stick gets screwed up, it displays odd amounts in the system folder in CTRL Panel. Like 128mb, when you know you have 512. Good luck, keep us posted.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote