FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Al Jazeera Site
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ThePanacea

Al Jazeera Site

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/E4D19123-9DD3-11D1-B44E-006097071264.htm

Pretty interesting on how they look at things. They don't seem nearly so ignorant as the US makes them appear, though they are clearly biased.

Last edited by ThePanacea on Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:08 pm 
ThreeUp3Down

I got a glimpse at part of an Al Queda training book feds seized - remarkably well trained if they trained white guys who could move freely throughout the U.S. they could easily wreck massive havoc.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:23 pm 
ghostnuke

they're less biased than fox news

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:00 pm 
ThePanacea

Fox is definately biased and it's clear, especially people like O'Reilly. But, I think that CBS is more left-biased than FOX is right biased ... by a pretty decent amount.

The only news show on FOX that I can stand now is Hannity & Colmes. The liberal is moderate and the conservative is pretty extreme, but it's better than most of the other shows on FOX and they all get away with much less spin. I get my news from google and matt drudge now.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:59 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by ThreeUp3Down
I got a glimpse at part of an Al Queda training book feds seized - remarkably well trained if they trained white guys who could move freely throughout the U.S. they could easily wreck massive havoc.

They were actually given to them. Osama and his little crew were trained by various agencies in the US Government to fight the Russians once upon a time. It pretty well underlines the point that people shouldnt get involved in other peoples business. They interfered, and it cost them over 3,000 lives.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Paper_Boy

Fox isn't that conservative , they do a good job at being fair and balanced. Go watch CNN or read the New York Times if you want really biased news.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Eradicate

It's not O'Rielly's job to be unbiased. He is a "news analyst", I thought you said you watched his show bizatch?

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

quote:
Originally posted by Paper_Boy
Fox isn't that conservative , they do a good job at being fair and balanced. Go watch CNN or read the New York Times if you want really biased news.
hahahahahahahaha

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:14 am 
Eradicate

quote:
The body of Hamas spiritual leader Shaikh Ahmad Yasin has been carried through the streets of Gaza City by resistance fighters at the start of his funeral.

Less unbiased?

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eradicate

related story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14558-2004Mar22.html

My take: A terriost leader was assassinated and now there is rioting.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:52 am 
-667-

[quote="Eradicate"]

quote:
The body of Hamas spiritual leader Shaikh Ahmad Yasin ...

Less unbiased?

How is that biased?

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:08 am 
Eradicate

Call him a spiratual leader all you want, just realize he was a spiratual LEADER of a TERRORIST organization.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:18 am 
-667-

It clearly does say he is the spiritual leader of Hamas.
Whether I agree with that or not, is irrelevant.

Thats like saying someone writing "The spiritual leader of the catholic church, the pope" is biased.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:25 am 
ghostnuke

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
Call him a spiratual leader all you want, just realize he was a spiratual LEADER of a TERRORIST organization.
if the us supported the palestinians instead of israel fox news would call him a resistance fighter too

you're right though, the us should give the palestinians tanks and planes too so they can kill in a civilized manner like the israelis

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:58 am 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by ghostnuke
quote:
if the us supported the palestinians instead of israel fox news would call him a resistance fighter too

you're right though, the us should give the palestinians tanks and planes too so they can kill in a civilized manner like the israelis

Well said indeed. I would be pretty satisfied if we nuked them both. Enjoy your holy land fruits, its contaminated.

As for Yassin being killed. Good. I'm not really for or against either side that much, but I must admit the Israelis have put up with too much shit. It must be hard for them to hold back their forces to appease the International Community.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
ThePanacea

I am not a big fan of getting involved at all internationally, but if we felt that without our troops Israel would get destroyed by the Arab countries, would you still be willing to withdraw(?) troops from Israel? ..Or are you guys for some kind of different approach?

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:00 pm 
Eradicate

quote:
Originally posted by ghostnuke
quote:

As far as I know Hamas isn't Palastine.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:42 pm 
ghostnuke

there is no "palestine", that's why you get idiots like hamas representing them

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:55 pm 
Eradicate

Hamas doesn't represent Palastine.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:03 am 
ghostnuke

not officially

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:43 am 
Eradicate

well then I guess the kkk unofficially represent the USA

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:15 pm 
ghostnuke

no they don't, because we have an organized government to represent us

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:41 pm 
Eradicate

so do the Palastinians

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:06 pm 
ghostnuke

oh ok can you show me the palestinian state on a map please

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:11 pm 
Paper_Boy

Hey ghostnuke why should they have their own state when they cant control their terrorists or "Freedom fighters" that wont stop until Israel is burned out to sea. Oh and Hamas has just recently vowed attacks on the u.s. because Israel killed their sheak leader. Once again your big on Generalizations (on how things should be) but weak on specifics (why and how).

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

quote:
Hey ghostnuke why should they have their own state when they cant control their terrorists or "Freedom fighters"
having no solid government or police force sure does make it a lot easier to control terrorist groups

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:17 am 
Paper_Boy

They have a police force called The Palestinian Authority, Israel gave them the guns. Howerever Arafat wont give enought of them to the prime minister to stop terrorists.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:28 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
Hey ghostnuke why should they have their own state when they cant control their terrorists or "Freedom fighters" that wont stop until Israel is burned out to sea.

Bush "killed" more people and commited more crimes than those "freedom fighters" and he's supposed to represent democracy. They atleast tell you what they do without bullshiting. He on the other hand goes and "frees" people. LOL.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:49 am 
ghostnuke

quote:
They have a police force called The Palestinian Authority, Israel gave them the guns. Howerever Arafat wont give enought of them to the prime minister to stop terrorists.
how do you expect them to operate to their fullest capacity without some kind of state?

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:31 am 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Hey ghostnuke why should they have their own state when they cant control their terrorists or "Freedom fighters" that wont stop until Israel is burned out to sea. Oh and Hamas has just recently vowed attacks on the u.s. because Israel killed their sheak leader. Once again your big on Generalizations (on how things should be) but weak on specifics (why and how).

First of all, the Palestinians are pissed, because quite some time ago, the British handed over Muslim holy land to the Jews. This became what is today called Israel. The Palestinians are pissed because they were pretty well told that their land was being given to the Israeli's once the British gave over control of the region.

Now let me ask you, if you were sitting at home one day and some Russian guy walked into your house and proclaimed it his own, I think you'd be a little pissed. Especially when you arent given compensation.

Now I dont side with Palestine necessarily, because the Israeli's profited from a mistake THEY never made. It was the British. So they suffer for other peoples mistakes, and I dont blame them. But I dont blame the Palestinians either, because they want their fucking home back. To make matters worse, Muslims were already not too fond of Jews, due to that whole Mohammad is the new prophet thing.

Solution? Make the British give Israel over to the Palestinians, and then move all the British to Iceland. Then give England to the Jews as compensation for British Meddling, which has cost far too many lives over nothing.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:00 pm