FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Computerz

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eradicate

Computerz

My school computers don't allow online gaming, I can't even play MUDS, or Runescape. Is there a way to disable whatever? I'm assuming there might be, because I can still download stuff.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Picka_materina

Re: Computerz

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
My school computers don't allow online gaming, I can't even play MUDS, or Runescape. Is there a way to disable whatever? I'm assuming there might be, because I can still download stuff.

Depends. "firewall tunneling" in google might help.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:09 pm 
WarIINewBiE

Most likely gaming ports are close. You will have to be a system admin to open up those ports.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:31 am 
x

quote:

Someone mentioned this on a thread at http://www.kali.net/bbs try there if google doesn't help

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:17 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by WarIINewBiE
Most likely gaming ports are close. You will have to be a system admin to open up those ports.

Doesn't matter if gaming ports are closed. Tunneling is used just for those occasions where you fool the firewall that you're not using a forbiden port.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:28 am 
ArchAngel

It's about port forwarding. The primary computer is set up to block gaming ports to every other computer on the network. The only ways around this are to either log on to the router and change the settings, or create your own primary connection to the internet. Routers are usually password protected, so you're pretty fucked. Sad

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
xAkroN

quote:

runescape is gay

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:47 pm 
luuwat

lol yes!! it is really shit gfx etc..

Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:44 pm 
kublikhan

Some games/apps allow you to change what port they use. Not sure about runescape never played it, but see if it allows this. I would change to a port you know is open. Try port 80 for starters.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:54 pm 
Kith-Kanin

About 5 years ago I was at university and they had the ports blocked so I couldn't play any war2. Evil or Very Mad What ended up happening was I emailed Jay Cotton (kali owner) and he used a port tester? or something and found out what ports the provider is using to route its information. Then once you know you just have to hope the games you are using can change the ports or else find a program that can change the ports you are using.
Anyways, what I'm trying to say is don't give up on it (took me 2 months before I got war2 going), might just be awhile till you figure it out.

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote