FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Copper!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ThePanacea

It's not like I was trying to brag about it Rolling Eyes

I was honestly just wondering what you guys do in this situation.. I imagine most everyone speeds on occassion ..

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:13 pm 
SC~Terror

Actually, if you want to get out of the ticket and you don't care what they think of you just tell them you have diaharrea. Technically it can be considered a medical emergency. Most people are too embarrassed to say anything, but who really cares. Most likely you will never see this person again and if it saves you a couple hundred bucks its worth it.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:48 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by ThePanacea
It's not like I was trying to brag about it Rolling Eyes

I was honestly just wondering what you guys do in this situation.. I imagine most everyone speeds on occassion ..

Those lights are called your "4 ways".

The best thing you can do is act like the stereotypical tightass white person, and act scared and embarassed, and show just enough regret to not look obvious. Usually the better you treat them, the better they treat you, but dont go too far, some cops will burn you if they think you're kissing their ass. Just be respectful, keep your answers short.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fat Albert

The best thing I can recommend is: if you're busted, admit it and say you're sorry. Don't bullshit the cop, chances are every person he's pulled over that day has thrown some bullshit excuse at him. Also don't think you're being clever or original by coming up with a really good excuse, because he's probably already heard it.

If you're driving on a road you're very familiar with and honestly were just not watching your speed, tell him that. I've gotten out of 3 tickets this way.

My best friend just recently got pulled over doing a little under 90 on his motorcycle down the highway. He didn't see a cop till he blew right past him, so instead of making the cop try and catch up he just went ahead and pulled over because he knew he was busted and the cop pulled up behind him. The cop was ready with his ticket book to write him up, he asked my friend if he knew how fast he was going, and my friend told him "between 85 and 90." The cop told him thanks for being honest, but just to slow down and let him off with just that.

So really, if you get busted, don't pull the nervous kid routine, just be fess up and be respectful and don't try and feed the cop a bullshit story. If you do end up getting the ticket, just think about all the times you've broke the law and HAVEN'T got busted.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:19 pm 
Aerasal

How do we answer those questions? I quess when he asks for your License and Registration you can say no and speed away.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:37 pm 
Ocram-OB

just pay the ticket and act like a man.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:17 pm