FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

www.StopFCC.com

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Soilent Green

www.StopFCC.com

www.StopFCC.com

Everyone has probably heard of this shit before, but it's important to me, and should be to everyone who posts here, as your freedom of speech is on the line.

Since the whole Janet Jackson issue, the FCC has been 'protecting' us by enforcing some really gay rules. The radio is taking it pretty hard right now, same with TV. The FCC has already stated that they will be making an attempt to regulate XM radio and Cable TV. After that, I'm sure it's going to be the internet.

Even if you don't think the petition will work, I suggest that you check it out and sign.

Those who don't take this seriously need only to listen to the radio, and you will see how bad this shit is getting.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:07 pm 
Scrub

I agree, signed.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:18 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

Definitely agree, Signing.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Eradicate

These petitions are worthless, and hold no weight.

edit: haha i use the wrong weight

Last edited by Eradicate on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

i'd sign if i thought it'd actually make a difference

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:42 pm 
ThePanacea

I signed it even though it won't do anything =/

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:53 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by ThePanacea

Actually, a petition on the website "Petitionsonline.com" was mostly responsible for getting Family Guy put back on the air two times. So in reality, they are only useless if fewer people sign them.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
ThePanacea

Well, that's one of very, very many petitions and that's a pretty minor issue relative to this one. Still, it does make me a little bit less pessimistic.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:40 pm 
Eradicate

quote:
Originally posted by JiGGa_MaN
quote:
Originally posted by ThePanacea

Actually, a petition on the website "Petitionsonline.com" was mostly responsible for getting Family Guy put back on the air two times. So in reality, they are only useless if fewer people sign them.

An online petition will mean nothing in legislation.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eradicate

anways, you live in Canada, what do you care?

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:16 pm 
Paper_Boy

Yeah I don't understand how Bush can talk about dying for and spreading freedom while allowing the FCC to go on this witch hunt. Freedom of speech is 1 of the most important things worth fighting for. All people from Los Angeles come to the Howard Stern Free Speech rally on Wilshire 6-10 am in front of the Federal building. Mystical and I will be there. http://www.fmtalki.com/ has more specifics
Ash you should show up for a little if you are not swamped with Finals. I bet they will have hooters there 2.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Scrubbolator

i signed
there was a similar law that the greek goverment tried to pass

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ocram-OB

quote:
Now the FCC is talking about trying to regulate cable and satellite? When did this country turn Communist?
ahhaha what an idiot.
i'd sign it if a) the guy starting it would not be an idiot b) someone would care c) i lived in the states.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:04 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
anways, you live in Canada, what do you care?

Why do I care? You dont realize how much impact American Politics have on Canada. If it werent for Bush administration's pleas, Canada would have decriminalized Marijuana. Stern pressure from the US government prevented it.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:26 pm 
Eradicate

What ever influence the US may habe it seems to stop at homos getting married.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:03 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Eradicate
What ever influence the US may habe it seems to stop at homos getting married.

But I dont trust the US government enough to NOT petition this FCC decision. Its just coming closer and closer to complete censureship.

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:23 pm 
Soilent Green

It's highly possible that the petition is going to be useless, but if the laws are passed you'll wish that you did something to prevent it from happening. If you're not going to sign the petition, why not look into the issue and try doing something yourself?

You can laugh it off if you'd like, but this shit is real. And when you're no longer allowed to talk shit on forums without having your internet access taken away, you'll think different.

:\ I'm going to get the hell out of the U.S. ASAP. Fuck this country.

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:48 pm 
Necrophilic

move to england with luuwat

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:56 pm 
Ocram-OB

quote:
But I dont trust the US government enough to NOT petition this FCC decision. Its just coming closer and closer to complete censureship.
closer and closer? how close does it have to come until you call it complete censureship?

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:09 am 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Ocram-OB
quote:
closer and closer? how close does it have to come until you call it complete censureship?

I dont understand your question. I said its coming closer and closer to complete censureship. You ask me how close it has to come. Well obviously, to the point where a person has no external medium by which to convey opinion that may differ from the majority of the public. I guess thats as close as I can put it.

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:03 pm 
ghostnuke

censorship

Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:07 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by ghostnuke
censorship

a-thank you

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:58 am