FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Identity

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Shotgun_

Identity

Anyone seen the movie "Identity" with John cussack? I don't fully understand it. The guy develops the personality of people he kills? Anyone got any ideas. All that aside its a fucking great movie.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:48 am 
ghostnuke

"hey guys i have an idea"

"what's that movie guy?"

"lets reveal near the end of the second act that none of the characters are real, and then conclude their story anyway even though now that the audience knows they don't exist they won't give a shit what happens"

"BRILLIANT!!!!!"

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:14 pm 
Paper_Boy

The kid was the killer. The other guy was just crazy and the other 2 were the last numbers. I think the indian reservation let him experience the identity of what was happening to the others.

If you want really confusing movies lost highways and mullholland drive are good ones.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Bryter-

The guy had multiple personality disorder. He was on death row because one of his personalities was a killer and when that personality was in control of his body, it would kill people.

The shrink had to try and find out which personality was the killer before the final hearing to determine if he should be killed. That motel was all in the mind of the guy who was on death row. What happened was the shrink got all the personalities together to try and find out who the killer was. They all got together in that motel which is in that guy's mind. The personality who killed people was going around killing the other personalities. The shrink was trying to figure out who the killer was thru-out the whole movie. Obviously they made the wrong decision was as to who was the real killer is.

That is how I interpret it anyways.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:02 pm 
Skechers

[quote="Bryter-"]The guy had multiple personality disorder. He was on death row because one of his personalities was a killer and when that personality was in control of his body, it would kill people.

The shrink had to try and find out which personality was the killer before the final hearing to determine if he should be killed. That motel was all in the mind of the guy who was on death row. What happened was the shrink got all the personalities together to try and find out who the killer was. They all got together in that motel which is in that guy's mind. The personality who killed people was going around killing the other personalities. The shrink was trying to figure out who the killer was thru-out the whole movie. Obviously they made the wrong decision was as to who was the real killer is.

That is how I interpret it anyways.[/quote]

ya that is what i thought..... i think that is it.

i also thought that those people were people he killed.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:22 pm 
Shotgun_

yeah i know that much, so he adopted personalities from people he had met? They all had the same birthday so doesn't that suggest they were all him, but if they were all him, who is he in jail for killing.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:02 pm 
Skechers

[quote="Shotgun_"]yeah i know that much, so he adopted personalities from people he had met? They all had the same birthday so doesn't that suggest they were all him, but if they were all him, who is he in jail for killing.[/quote]

uhh i think it was just meant to be his personalities he made up through his life time..

althought i thought it was kids he killed

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:11 pm 
Shotgun_

so if they were all his personalities, he didnt really kill anyone, because they did not exist.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:04 am 
Strapping Young Lad

Disregarding Shotgun and Skechers posts because they are both morons, this movie sounds good, I will defitantley watch it.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:27 am 
~god~_freak

Dude shotgun how could you not get this movie?

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:06 am 
Shotgun_

quote:
Originally posted by ~god~_freak
Dude shotgun how could you not get this movie?

expain it then.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:40 pm 
Eradicate

quote:
Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
Disregarding Shotgun and Skechers posts because they are both morons, this movie sounds good, I will defitantley watch it.

No, it's not.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

its a great movie provided it makes sense ive not had time to watch it again as i bought like 10movies at once and havent finished them yet;/ god freak explain this movie at once

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:59 am 
Skechers

that was his personalities and tehy were unlocking them, what is so hard to understand? lol

i also think the point was skitzo can't disassociate with their personalities if i remember right, so i guess waht they did was an experimental thing or some crap and that was another aspect of the movie.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:33 am 
Shotgun_

but who did he kill? "at the motel" who did he kill? if they were all imaginitive he obviously didnt kill anyone. so it doesnt make sense.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:52 am 
Eradicate

They were grouping up all the personalities and having them kill each other off. They psychologist even explains that during the movie if you had been paying attention.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Larry Flynt

Holy Jenna Jameson. Shotgun, when one of the guys personalities was controlling him, he killed a lot of people. The psycologists had to figure out which one was the killer so he put in the guys mind the whole motel deal. He didn't really kill anyone in his mind, that was all to figure out who was the real murderer. Outside the motel, in parts that were not shown, he was a murderer. Get it?

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:55 am 
Shotgun_

hmm..i see, very good movie.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:37 am 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
hmm..i see, very good movie.

How would you know the movie was good? Even after 10 explanations you still didnt get it.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Skechers

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Flynt
Holy Jenna Jameson. Shotgun, when one of the guys personalities was controlling him, he killed a lot of people. The psycologists had to figure out which one was the killer so he put in the guys mind the whole motel deal. He didn't really kill anyone in his mind, that was all to figure out who was the real murderer. Outside the motel, in parts that were not shown, he was a murderer. Get it?

mm i thought that much was understood...

that didn't make to much sense, how u wrote it...

the psychoanylisi put all his personalities into a hotel, then made him kill each one to see which one was killing them.

when they figured out who it was they said ok we got rid of the personality who was killing htem, then they said when he left "what happen to the boy" and the boy was the personality tha was the killer.

dumasses

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:04 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Skechers
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Flynt

mm i thought that much was understood...

that didn't make to much sense, how u wrote it...

the psychoanylisi put all his personalities into a hotel, then made him kill each one to see which one was killing them.

when they figured out who it was they said ok we got rid of the personality who was killing htem, then they said when he left "what happen to the boy" and the boy was the personality tha was the killer.

dumasses

YOU'RE INCORRECT, YOUR MENTAL DISABILITY DISABLES YOU FROM COMEPHRENDING ANYTHING THUS YOU SHOULD STOP POSTING ON THESE FORUMS, OK111! COMPRHEDNA HOMO1222222222222

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:22 pm