FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Steal this video! KORN releases anti music biz video

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Strapping Young Lad

Steal this video! KORN releases anti music biz video

Last edited by Strapping Young Lad on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:23 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

Re: Steal this video! KORN releases anti music biz video

according to this news submission, KORN has released an anti record company video/song accusing the music business of stealing from it's artists and over charging consumers. I can't say much about the song since i am not a huge fan of KORN, but I must say they have some balls for releasing such a track. - Jorge

"Ironically, their anti-single has struck such a chord with fans that Korn have decided to release it as the next single. The song is strangely catchy, and part of the appeal has to be the honesty behind the lyrics. "Y'all want a single say f--- that," is the oft-repeated chorus, while one verse finds Davis singing, "They think we're all the same/ And always we're to blame/ For sh-- I think is lame/ It's time to stop the game."

"It's all about how it seems like kids are fed what is cool," Davis explained. "They don't really have a brain to search and see what's going on with music. I'm just saying if kids are really into music then they go and do that, but if they are just everyday Joe, then music is fed to them. And we are just really excited about it 'cause it seems to be a fan favorite. Everybody keeps requesting to play it and everyone keeps talking about that song." - http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1483863/20031223/story.jhtml

Last edited by Strapping Young Lad on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:27 pm 
ghostnuke

thats funny considering the music business is the reason their shitty music was popular in the first place

now nobody likes them so now RECORD COMPANIES SUX WOOO NAPSTER 4 LIFE

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:41 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

I must admit, its about time. Since the advent of CD burner's at home, people have been well aware of the 25 cents it actually costs to burn a CD. So we wonder, "Hey, why am I paying 25$ for a CD that costs 25 cents?".

The record company got away with overpricing CD's for a long time. When CD's first came out, record Execs claimed they were slightly more expensive to make then cassettes, but had better sound quality. The lies caught up to them, and the gouging prices are over.

But of course, greed rarely gives up that easily.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Strapping Young Lad

Some morons think P2P file sharing decreases the number of cd sales, I think its the overcharging of the cds but thats just me.

i saw dying fetus - destroy the opposition (8 tracks on it) for $30 .. what the fuck?

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:50 am 
Eradicate

P2p cds are decreasing CD sales. When is the last time you bought a CD? and why is that? The last time I payed for a CD was 5 years ago.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Strapping Young Lad

the last time i bought a cd was about a year ago because it costs too fucking much, and that was after downloading a song and really liking it, i went out and bought the album the next day.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:03 am 
ghostnuke

"P2p cds are decreasing CD sales. When is the last time you bought a CD? and why is that? The last time I payed for a CD was 5 years ago."

the last time i bought a cd was a few months ago and if it wasn't for p2p i wouldn't buy cd's at all

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:15 pm 
CRyELTy-Vio

i think Korn got lost a lot of time ago... anyway theres no need for korn stating anything cause everybody knows how musci business works, i guess.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~BlackAngel

[quote="ghostnuke"]thats funny considering the music business is the reason their shitty music was popular in the first place

now nobody likes them so now RECORD COMPANIES SUX WOOO NAPSTER 4 LIFE[/quote]

nobody likes them?

you are wrong. not that i'm a huge fan or anything but korn have been to mexico city 2 times. one in 2001 with static-x and linkin park and in the other one in 2003 with mudvayne, apocalyptica and marilyn manson.

if you'd see the power korn has, the show they put up live and how they make the crowd (by crowd i don't mean 150 dudes, i mean like 60000 people) react, among several other things, you'd realize you don't really know what you're talking about. at least in this subject.

stop believing shit you make up. a lot of people like a lot of shit. not always due to record companies and not always in an independent way.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

"nobody likes them?

you are wrong. not that i'm a huge fan or anything but korn have been to mexico city 2 times. one in 2001 with static-x and linkin park and in the other one in 2003 with mudvayne, apocalyptica and marilyn manson.

if you'd see the power korn has, the show they put up live and how they make the crowd (by crowd i don't mean 150 dudes, i mean like 60000 people) react, among several other things, you'd realize you don't really know what you're talking about. at least in this subject.

stop believing shit you make up. a lot of people like a lot of shit. not always due to record companies and not always in an independent way."

sorry but if you like korn you're an idiot

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:45 pm 
~BlackAngel

i don't like them a lot

but anyway, no one is an idiot just for liking a band. and korn has millions of fans. you're an idiot for generalizing.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
ghostnuke

"but anyway, no one is an idiot just for liking a band. and korn has millions of fans. you're an idiot for generalizing."

yes they are, they're all idiots, and no i'm not

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:28 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

[quote="Eradicate"]P2p cds are decreasing CD sales. When is the last time you bought a CD? and why is that? The last time I payed for a CD was 5 years ago.[/quote]

Actually, I stopped buying CD's long before home burners and P2P was released. I wasnt willing to spend that much money on 2 good songs out of 20.

I had a sweet digital cable system that came with 30 music channels, and I just taped all my music straight from there.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Yay

I just bought 2 CD's yesterday because of p2p.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
~BlackAngel

quote:
Originally posted by ghostnuke

"You are not better than someone else. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and they are allowed to speak it, whether you agree with it or not. If it's on topic and the person put some effort into the post, then there is nothing wrong with that."

..?..

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:29 am 
oRioN

quote:
Originally posted by ~BlackAngel
quote:
Originally posted by ghostnuke

"You are not better than someone else. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and they are allowed to speak it, whether you agree with it or not. If it's on topic and the person put some effort into the post, then there is nothing wrong with that."

..?..

Omg you stupid beaner. Korn blows and so does Mexico. Take a hint already.
Millions of people love Britney Spears, she can move a fucking crowd. Good logic there. And yes, they're all idiots for indulging in such shitty music.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:02 am 
~BlackAngel

i don't really know if they suck or don't suck, like i've been saying, i'm not a huge fan, i only like a couple of songs. all i was saying is that you were wrong when you said "nobody likes them"

A LOT of people like them. get over it geez

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:34 pm 
ghostnuke

quote:
Originally posted by ~BlackAngel
i don't really know if they suck or don't suck, like i've been saying, i'm not a huge fan, i only like a couple of songs. all i was saying is that you were wrong when you said "nobody likes them"

A LOT of people like them. get over it geez
only faggots like them you faggot

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:18 pm 
Necrophilic

Arrrrrrreeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuu reeeeeaaaadddddddy?!
There's a place inside my mind, a place I like to hide
You don't know the chances. What if I should die?!
A place inside my brain, another kind of pain
You don't know the chances. I'm so blind!
Another place I find to escape the pain inside
You don't know the chances. What if I should die?!
A place inside my brain, another kind of pain
You don't know the chances. I'm so blind!
To Burn, To Burn, To burn 'cause I'm trying to
Live a life that seems to be a lost reality
I can never find no way to reach my inner self. I'm staying low.
How deep can I go in the ground that I lay?
If I don't find a way to seek through the gray that clouds my mind.
This time I look to see what's between the lines.
I can see, I can see, I'm going blind...
I'm blind!

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:33 pm