FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

anyone see the avs game last night
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sabbey!

anyone see the avs game last night

anyone see bertuzzi give steve moore that cheap shot.
he drove him face first into the ice and landed with all of his weight on top of his head. fractured a bunch of vertabrae gave him a concussion and a bunch of deep facial cuts. after seeing that i highly doubt steeve moore will ever play a game of hockey again

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:39 pm 
Scrub

No I didn't see it. What happened to the guy who did it?

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:52 pm 
cooldip

i saw it, probably one of the dirtiest things ive seen....
people are comparing it with the mcsorley incident a while back but this is way different...
bertuzzi has been talking about having his head for a month now, planning it out waiting for the perfect opppurtunity, totally premeditated, the mcsorley incident was more on a whim and he never played again...

i hope the same if not worse for this bert clown

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:15 pm 
Sabbey!

I think they're only comparing it to what happened with with mcsorely just because these are the only 2 incidents where the police got involved with hockey. The guy who did it is getting charged and as of now is suspended indefinately, which will eventually turn into a 15-20 game suspension I'm guessing.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:06 pm 
Aerasal

i've always thought bertuzzi was a faggot

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:22 pm 
MulletFU

quote:
Originally posted by cooldip
i saw it, probably one of the dirtiest things ive seen....
people are comparing it with the mcsorley incident a while back but this is way different...
bertuzzi has been talking about having his head for a month now, planning it out waiting for the perfect opppurtunity, totally premeditated, the mcsorley incident was more on a whim and he never played again...

i hope the same if not worse for this bert clown

What a fucking joke. The exact samething happened the night before when Colorado got ass ramed by the Calgary Flames. Peter Worrell went after Oliwa, gave him a cheap shot from behind, and then Oliwa fell to the ice, Worrell jumped on top and kept throwing punches. The only difference between the incidents is that Bertuzzi isnt a big nigger that doesnt know to throw a punch. How anybody can say it was any different boggles my fucking mind. The only difference is that Bertuzzi landed a lucky punch and knocked Moore the fuck out. Moore got everything he deserved. The funniest thing was Tony fuckin Granato yelling at Crawford when his guy did the samething the night before. Yes Bertuzzi will get a hefty suspension and deserves one. He has already had a 10 game suspension so he will likely get minimum of 15, probably more and will miss the rest of the season and playoffs.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:45 pm 
L@querHead

I'm a Minnesota Wild fan and if any of you follow the Wild you know the rivalry between the Wild and the Canuks. In October of 2003 me and my buddy went to a game between these two teams in St. Paul and it was awesome. I think everyone in Minnesota hates Bertuzzi. Every time he would touch the puck the whole arena would boo him. It was funny as hell. He should be banned from the NHL. Cheap shot pussy.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
MulletFU

Almost everybody in every city hates Bertuzzi. Either you like him or ya hate him. I bet the fans in Minnesota wouldnt hate him if he was a member of the Wild.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:00 pm 
cooldip

quote:
Originally posted by MulletFU
What a fucking joke. The exact samething happened the night before when Colorado got ass ramed by the Calgary Flames. Peter Worrell went after Oliwa, gave him a cheap shot from behind, and then Oliwa fell to the ice, Worrell jumped on top and kept throwing punches. The only difference between the incidents is that Bertuzzi isnt a big nigger that doesnt know to throw a punch. How anybody can say it was any different boggles my fucking mind. The only difference is that Bertuzzi landed a lucky punch and knocked Moore the fuck out. Moore got everything he deserved. The funniest thing was Tony fuckin Granato yelling at Crawford when his guy did the samething the night before. Yes Bertuzzi will get a hefty suspension and deserves one. He has already had a 10 game suspension so he will likely get minimum of 15, probably more and will miss the rest of the season and playoffs.

This is the stupidest post i've ever seen....
First of all from the calgary sun here's oliwas reaction who according to you the same thing happened too the night before (bullshit)

Calgary Flames enforcer Krzysztof Oliwa said there is code of honour that tough guys abide by which includes allowing someone to defend himself.

"It's out of respect," Oliwa said. "You've got only one brain.

"You fight and you may get hurt, but at least you have a fair chance. This kid never had a chance."

Oliwa said what's particularly offensive is that Bertuzzi is the first to complain if other teams target him for physical play.

"It doesn't matter what your name is, this is not right," Oliwa said. "This is not hockey, this is being cheap."

He never said any of this shit after the worrel shit so don't compare the two....

Secondly please tell me how Moore deserved this, because I sure as hell can't see a clean hit on Naslund as deserving a broken neck...

Lastly your post doesn't make any sense anyways so i guess it doesn't matter...

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:00 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

he should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:39 am 
Skechers

great pic..

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:19 pm 
Sparkz102

i heard the one guy got his neck broken in 2 places?

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:09 pm 
L@querHead

quote:
Almost everybody in every city hates Bertuzzi. Either you like him or ya hate him. I bet the fans in Minnesota wouldnt hate him if he was a member of the Wild.

Of course they wouldn't. Bertuzzi's a good player. Would the Red Sox fans hate Derek Jeter if he was on their team? Probably not. Use your head.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Skechers

quote:
Originally posted by L@querHead
quote:

Of course they wouldn't. Bertuzzi's a good player. Would the Red Sox fans hate Derek Jeter if he was on their team? Probably not. Use your head.

good point.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:32 pm 
Butters

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:49 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

That was by far the worst attack I've seen in Hockey. Way worse then when McSorley hacked Brashear in the head. The way Bertuzzi rode his face into the ice was the worst part. If he dosnt get banned from the league, then the league is a joke, because thats what they did to Marty McS, and I think what he did wasnt nearly as bad as this.

Really sad day for Hockey.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
MulletFU

quote:
Originally posted by JiGGa_MaN
That was by far the worst attack I've seen in Hockey. Way worse then when McSorley hacked Brashear in the head. The way Bertuzzi rode his face into the ice was the worst part. If he dosnt get banned from the league, then the league is a joke, because thats what they did to Marty McS, and I think what he did wasnt nearly as bad as this.

Check your head. What are you talking about? He gave him a cheap shot, tripped over his stick and fell on top of him. Who is to say that the broken bones or whatever didnt happen when the avs player piled on top? Your right, a cheap punch in the head, is way worse that taking a full baseball swing with your stick and hitting someone in the head.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:19 am 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JiGGa_MaN

Check your head. What are you talking about? He gave him a cheap shot, tripped over his stick and fell on top of him. Who is to say that the broken bones or whatever didnt happen when the avs player piled on top? Your right, a cheap punch in the head, is way worse that taking a full baseball swing with your stick and hitting someone in the head.

I think if you had seen the replay of the McSorley incident, you would notice it was neither a full swing, nor did it break Brashears Neck.

Bertuzzi made zero attempt to protect Moore while falling. If you've seen the replay 100 times like I have, you would notice he fell straight onto him, with his gloves on Moore's head. Bertuzzi literally drove his head into the ice, and It was obviously on purpose. I've seen hockey players fall a million times, and its never looked that controlled.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Sabbey!

hahahah Bertuzzi was crying at that interview.. What a faggot. Gives a cheap shot to someone way smaller then him and crys when the guy gets hurt. What a loser.[/code]

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:21 pm 
cooldip

quote:

Are you a nuks fan? if so it doesn't really matter what you think.....

You don't seem to grasp the concept that its the seriousness of the injury that has everyone upset, yes if Moore wasn't hurt it wouldn't be as bad but he was and it is bad, get a clue......

also dogpiles happen in hockey all the time and a broken neck has never resulted....

Seeing as skating up behind someone knocking them upside the head and driving thier head into the ice is more of a secluded incident I think we can say that, that is why his neck is broken.....

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:39 pm 
MulletFU

Apparently you need glasses, not only did you not see the green tint in the paris hilton video, you didnt see the replay clearly. He did not drive him into the ground on purpose. He tripped over his own stick. And yes Mcsorley took a pretty big swing at Brashear. Maybe not a full swing, but a fucking huge swing. There are cheap shots in hockey all the time. How many times have you seen somebody swinging there stick purposely at someone's head with intent to injure? Once?

On another not. The ruling on the matter is absolute bullshit. They just want to make an example outta him. In my opinion, if they are gonna start cracking down and making examples outta people they should announce it. Its like if someone is at work, fucks something up, and then gets fired without warning. Take a look at the Flyers/Senators game. Hitchcock said that Havlat was gonna be somebodies lunch or something like that. No fines, or disciplinary action was taken whatsoever. Imagine if Havlat ended up with a broken neck or even injured for that matter. Its fucking stupid. This whole incident with Bertuzzi coulda been prevented. The NHL shoulda done something before this even happened. Everyone new something was gonna happen to Moore eventually. Just my thoughts on the matter. And I totally think the Mcsorley incident was way worse.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:48 pm 
MulletFU

Who is to say that the third man in wasn't the person that caused the broken neck? Sure he was sticking up for his teammate, but that is exactly what Bertuzzi was doing.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:51 pm 
cooldip

quote:
Who is to say that the third man in wasn't the person that caused the broken neck? Sure he was sticking up for his teammate, but that is exactly what Bertuzzi was doing.

Do you do anything other then rewording old posts.....

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:49 pm 
MulletFU

quote:
Originally posted by cooldip
quote:

Do you do anything other then rewording old posts.....

I wouldnt have to if you werent too stupid to comprehend them the first time, you fucking moron.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:02 pm 
Sabbey!

quote:
Apparently you need glasses, not only did you not see the green tint in the paris hilton video, you didnt see the replay clearly. He did not drive him into the ground on purpose. He tripped over his own stick. And yes Mcsorley took a pretty big swing at Brashear. Maybe not a full swing, but a fucking huge swing. There are cheap shots in hockey all the time. How many times have you seen somebody swinging there stick purposely at someone's head with intent to injure? Once?

Apparently you need to check the facts before you post. Back in the day hockey fights didn't even consist of fists, it was just like sword fights with sticks, so yes, there have been plenty of times when someone swung their stick purposely with the intent to hurt them.[/b]

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:32 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:

On another not. The ruling on the matter is absolute bullshit. They just want to make an example outta him. In my opinion, if they are gonna start cracking down and making examples outta people they should announce it. Its like if someone is at work, fucks something up, and then gets fired without warning. Take a look at the Flyers/Senators game. Hitchcock said that Havlat was gonna be somebodies lunch or something like that. No fines, or disciplinary action was taken whatsoever. Imagine if Havlat ended up with a broken neck or even injured for that matter. Its fucking stupid. This whole incident with Bertuzzi coulda been prevented. The NHL shoulda done something before this even happened. Everyone new something was gonna happen to Moore eventually. Just my thoughts on the matter. And I totally think the Mcsorley incident was way worse.

I dont see why you're defending the idiot who broke a guys neck in a useless violent attack. What Havlat did was remotely as bad. Recchi wasnt even hurt, and the reason he got only 2 games, was because he crosschecked him in the chest, which happens about 500 times in every single NHL game, ever played.

And I've seen the stick-swing maneuvre many times, actually. I saw it when I played hockey, I saw it when Rocket Richard was suspended for doing it, and it started the Montreal Riots. I saw when McSorley hit Brashear with a half swing. But you know what I never saw? I never saw a player ride another guys head into the ice. He may not have done it on purpose, but he sure as heck didnt try to avoid it either. His paws were allover Moore's head as he came down on him, when they should have been at his sides, like every other player did, the billion other times players have fallen in that position.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:11 pm 
MulletFU

[quote="JiGGa_MaN"][quote="MulletFU"]Apparently you need glasses, not only did you not see the green tint in the paris hilton video, you didnt see the replay clearly. He did not drive him into the ground on purpose. He tripped over his own stick. And yes Mcsorley took a pretty big swing at Brashear. Maybe not a full swing, but a fucking huge swing. There are cheap shots in hockey all the time. How many times have you seen somebody swinging there stick purposely at someone's head with intent to injure? Once?

On another not. The ruling on the matter is absolute bullshit. They just want to make an example outta him. In my opinion, if they are gonna start cracking down and making examples outta people they should announce it. Its like if someone is at work, fucks something up, and then gets fired without warning. Take a look at the Flyers/Senators game. Hitchcock said that Havlat was gonna be somebodies lunch or something like that. No fines, or disciplinary action was taken whatsoever. Imagine if Havlat ended up with a broken neck or even injured for that matter. Its fucking stupid. This whole incident with Bertuzzi coulda been prevented. The NHL shoulda done something before this even happened. Everyone new something was gonna happen to Moore eventually. Just my thoughts on the matter. And I totally think the Mcsorley incident was way worse.[/quote]

I dont see why you're defending the idiot who broke a guys neck in a useless violent attack. What Havlat did was remotely as bad. Recchi wasnt even hurt, and the reason he got only 2 games, was because he crosschecked him in the chest, which happens about 500 times in every single NHL game, ever played.

And I've seen the stick-swing maneuvre many times, actually. I saw it when I played hockey, I saw it when Rocket Richard was suspended for doing it, and it started the Montreal Riots. I saw when McSorley hit Brashear with a half swing. But you know what I never saw? I never saw a player ride another guys head into the ice. He may not have done it on purpose, but he sure as heck didnt try to avoid it either. His paws were allover Moore's head as he came down on him, when they should have been at his sides, like every other player did, the billion other times players have fallen in that position.[/quote]

You know what else happens 500 times every fucking NHL game? Cheap shots. There are tonnes of them every game. And I dont disagree with him being suspended. I totally think he should be. I totally think the minium he shoulda got was 15 games because of his previous record. But, I dont think he shoulda got the entire playoffs. It could add up to 41 games at the end of the playoffs. I think thats rediculous. And then he has to go infront of the commitee and plead his case before training camp to see if he should get additional time. I totally understand why they have that, if the Canucks go out in 4 games, but what if they make it to the finals playing 7 game series all the way through, Does Bertuzzi get to go infront of the committee and get reinstated? No. Didnt McSorley get 23 games? There is no way in hell, what Bertuzzi did, is worth twice as much punishment as McSorley.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:36 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

Actually Mullet, Bertuzzi got off really easy. He should consider himself extremely lucky. McSorley never even injured Brashear beyond a mild concussion, and in the NHL, much like in the real life courtroom, end result usually reflects the injuries.

Brashear missed a week or two from post-concussion syndromes after the attack on him, and McSorley was actually BANNED FOR LIFE from the NHL.

Bertuzzi broke a guys neck, gave him a worse concussion then Brashear had, and ONLY got suspended the rest of this season plus playoffs.

The only reason Bertuzzi is still a member of the NHL, is that he's a younger, and more skilled player then McSorley was, at the time of his banning. Consider yourself lucky Bert, you coulda been a McDonalds spokesman.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:36 am 
GaNzTheLegend

why would he need to be a mc donald's spokesmen when he already has millions of dollars?

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:08 am 
Axolotl

Burke (vancouver GM) does have to fight for Bertuzzi's right to play next season in front of 'whoever' (I dont know who is going to be on that 'board'). Not that anyone would ever expect him not to play next year though. Just something that does have to be done.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote