FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

So are there ne good games for X-BoX?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Doritoe-

So are there ne good games for X-BoX?

??????? im pretty mad i got xbox instead of gamecube or playstation. Id rather have either of those

Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:54 pm 
$hazm

Xbox kicks dude check out ninja gadin or prince of persia.

Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:59 pm 
ThePanacea

I don't play very much anymore but I really liked Rainbow Six 3's multiplayer.

Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:35 pm 
Doritoe-

damn xbox does suck

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:51 pm 
Eradicate

http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=115081&highlight=xbox#115081

http://www.RonPaul2008.com

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ThePanacea

I like my XBox as a console system. I don't have too much time to play and now stuff like that isn't as fun as it used to be for me, but I think that XBox is the best of the 3 popular systems. It might not have quite as many great games but it has enough very good games (who wants to spend $800 on games that they only play every now and then anyways?), more popular multi-player and it's a more powerful system than either of the other two.

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:52 pm 
Doritoe-

what are these so called "good" games? only good games ive found r halo and amped 2.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:32 pm 
Goku

Halo
Counter-Strike
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal II
True Crime Streets of LA
GTA Double Pack
Dead or Alive 3
Prince of Persia
Capcom vs SNK 2: EO
Splinter Cell
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

There are alot of good games whoever said there aren't is shitting themselves.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 pm 
ThreeUp3Down

Try Splinter Cell as Goku mentioned. Awesome game.

Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:01 pm 
luuwat

[quote]Capcom vs SNK 2: EO
[/quote]do u have it goku and do u stil play it? HOW MANY PPL IF U DO?

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:42 pm 
Goku

yah I do it sucks though cause it's kinda hard to get an online match with it. Its fun as hell though. I've had matchups with mostly non-americans heh.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:18 pm 
DEKK

[quote="Goku"]Halo
Counter-Strike
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal II
True Crime Streets of LA
GTA Double Pack
Dead or Alive 3
Prince of Persia
Splinter Cell

There are alot of good games whoever said there aren't is shitting themselves.[/quote]

You can find all of those games on either the PC or other consoles. Woop-dee-do

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:49 pm 
Aerasal

[quote="DEKK"][quote="Goku"]Halo
Counter-Strike
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal II
True Crime Streets of LA
GTA Double Pack
Dead or Alive 3
Prince of Persia
Splinter Cell

There are alot of good games whoever said there aren't is shitting themselves.[/quote]

You can find all of those games on either the PC or other consoles. Woop-dee-do[/quote]

and they are better on the PC

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:00 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

PC is still the best platform, and always will be, because X-Box and PS2 are supposed to be cheaper versions of computers, for people who cant really afford $2,000.00 for a new PC.

However, the best game for X-Box, is probably NHL 2004.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Aerasal

[quote="JiGGa_MaN"]PC is still the best platform, and always will be, because X-Box and PS2 are supposed to be cheaper versions of computers, for people who cant really afford $2,000.00 for a new PC.

However, the best game for X-Box, is probably NHL 2004.[/quote]

u don't even need to spend nearly that much to build a pc that's gonna be more powerful than any console. plus, u don't have to pay for online services like xbox live.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:22 am 
luuwat

[quote="JiGGa_MaN"]PC is still the best platform, and always will be, because X-Box and PS2 are supposed to be cheaper versions of computers, for people who cant really afford $2,000.00 for a new PC.

However, the best game for X-Box, is probably NHL 2004.[/quote]not true

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:04 am 
Goku

[quote="Aerasal"][quote="JiGGa_MaN"]PC is still the best platform, and always will be, because X-Box and PS2 are supposed to be cheaper versions of computers, for people who cant really afford $2,000.00 for a new PC.

u don't even need to spend nearly that much to build a pc that's gonna be more powerful than any console. plus, u don't have to pay for online services like xbox live.[/quote]

Shut up man. Consoles were made so that you could play with your family or friends. Something you can't really do on the computer. Sure you can play with people you don't know and occassionally play LAN but with consoles you can have friends over and play whatever you want.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:09 am 
luuwat

[quote="Goku"][quote="Aerasal"][quote="JiGGa_MaN"]PC is still the best platform, and always will be, because X-Box and PS2 are supposed to be cheaper versions of computers, for people who cant really afford $2,000.00 for a new PC.

u don't even need to spend nearly that much to build a pc that's gonna be more powerful than any console. plus, u don't have to pay for online services like xbox live.[/quote]

Shut up man. Consoles were made so that you could play with your family or friends. Something you can't really do on the computer. Sure you can play with people you don't know and occassionally play LAN but with consoles you can have friends over and play whatever you want.[/quote]actually u got a good point there hehe

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:40 am 
Eradicate

x-boxes are just low-rent pcs. They have all the components of one, and i've seen xboxes that were converted into computers. One of the main reasons that Gaming consoles still exist today is because it generates revenue seperate from computers, companies want more money.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
x

I spend ~$50 every 10 or so months on PC upgrades and I'm able to play any PC game with a good framerate. It just takes knowing what the good buys are and where to buy them. Check out the refurbished section at newegg if you want to know what I mean.

http://www.newegg.com/app/catalog.asp?type=Refurbish
Note: I mostly get video cards, cpus, and motherboards here. Other items are often better priced at Best Buy w/rebates, like hard drives, cd/dvd drives, memory, and monitors.

(I've never had a problem with any of their items.)

1) learn to put together your own PC (easiest step)
2) figure how the best bang-for-the-buck hardware (factor in overclocking) (this takes research)
3) find the best price for the hardware (usually newegg or pcboost refurbished sections)

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:06 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Goku
quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
quote:
Originally posted by JiGGa_MaN
PC is still the best platform, and always will be, because X-Box and PS2 are supposed to be cheaper versions of computers, for people who cant really afford $2,000.00 for a new PC.

However, the best game for X-Box, is probably NHL 2004.

u don't even need to spend nearly that much to build a pc that's gonna be more powerful than any console. plus, u don't have to pay for online services like xbox live.

Shut up man. Consoles were made so that you could play with your family or friends. Something you can't really do on the computer. Sure you can play with people you don't know and occassionally play LAN but with consoles you can have friends over and play whatever you want.

everyone i know has a computer. its not that hard to log on the same server of some game.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:53 pm 
Yay

X-Box Live and TopSpin doubles make life worth living.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
JiGGa_MaN

I think all of you missed a few important points. Especially Goku. Of course you can build a PC for a much cheaper price then 2,000 dollars, but believe it or not, there are people out there who know nothing about PCs, and would buy a floor model at Best Buy and think they are getting a deal.

For another thing, you mention playing games with friends, but explain to me how its easier to meet up on XBox live, then it is to meetup on a server over the PC? If anything its easier, because you can MSN/AIM/ICQ and keep in touch, and show eachother how to set it up, rather then juggle the phone and the controller.

Xbox also costs extra money just to use the servers.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Goku

quote:
I think all of you missed a few important points. Especially Goku. Of course you can build a PC for a much cheaper price then 2,000 dollars, but believe it or not, there are people out there who know nothing about PCs, and would buy a floor model at Best Buy and think they are getting a deal.

For another thing, you mention playing games with friends, but explain to me how its easier to meet up on XBox live, then it is to meetup on a server over the PC? If anything its easier, because you can MSN/AIM/ICQ and keep in touch, and show eachother how to set it up, rather then juggle the phone and the controller.

uh I meant playing with your friends in person - at your house you know? Or with your brother or something. Human contact. How can I explain this any better than I already have. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:43 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Goku
quote:

uh I meant playing with your friends in person - at your house you know? Or with your brother or something. Human contact. How can I explain this any better than I already have. Rolling Eyes

Well, you could have mentionned the in person part for one thing.

That being the case, have your friend bring his PC to your house. Problem solved. My cousin, Agent-Jackson, used to bring his PC to my house when he would visit from Hamilton.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:57 pm 
ThePanacea

As far as I know, the XBox has an awful lot more popular, good games, it's easier to control your player (in non FPS games) and it's a bit more mobile than most computers.

I don't think that there's many sports or fighting games for the computer, whereas XBox has some big name companies making good games.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but each has some advantages I guess.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:31 pm 
~BlackAngel

the only game i'd really really really like to have from xbox is ninja gaiden

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Eradicate

quote:
Originally posted by ThePanacea
As far as I know, the XBox has an awful lot more popular, good games, it's easier to control your player (in non FPS games) and it's a bit more mobile than most computers.

I don't think that there's many sports or fighting games for the computer, whereas XBox has some big name companies making good games.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but each has some advantages I guess.

PCs technically better than the xbox, unless you are talking about an out dated model. And there about the same size also =\.

Would you guys ever purchase a computer knowing that it couldn't be upgraded, practically impossible to fix, and was heavily restricted in it's technology? Thats what an Xbox is.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:32 pm 
ThePanacea

XBox is $200, and then you can play online for another $50. It has a wider selection of games and it is going to be a top system for 2-3 years. It will be better than a PC and more mobile than one as well.

Not to even mention it costs money to upgrade a PC and it doesn't offer all that many good games, much less competitive multiplayer games with voice chat from many different genre's, as XBox does.

If you have some extra money and you have some free time it's not a bad choice.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:48 pm 
Eradicate

The xbox doesn't have a wider range of games than a PC, think about it. If you still need me to point out all the parameters I will.

The shelf life for a console system is 2-3 years, then you have buy a new one. You're going to pay 500+ dollars for Xbox 2, because the Xbox 1 will be obsolete. X's has already proven how periodical upgrades to your computer can be more economical as long as you're a responsible consumer.

It's ignorant to think that the PC market is less competitive than the Console market. You just don't know what you're talking about. You pull these illogical statements out of your ass, and provide no support for it.

Probably the most competitive game genre is dominated by the PC, MMORPG, Everquest type games. There are 14 due to be release this year, and there are already dozens out. A lot of the big commerical gaming companies all have there own, Sony, EA, and Blizzard.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:18 pm