FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

dualing in 1on1s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
uSmurf@USEast

U sacrificed too much to beat him lust, hence the NO RESOURCES.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:41 pm 
Counterdualing...?

Usmurf needs a fucking clue =/
You have plenty of fucking wood to build a 2ndhall, and a mill before you start chopping wood, and yes that fucking smith off the bat. Even if you make 4 grunts. With 4 grunts, you will force him to upgrade guard towers, even repairing early, which will hinder the economy.
Heres some math for you, you stupid fuck. Not that its totally accurate everytime, or the effects of hitting someone depending on where they are.

2 scout towers = 1100 gold, 400 wood
upgrade to 2 guards = 1000 gold, 300 wood
That leaves us with a total of 2100 gold and 700 wood

4 grunts, and probably a 1st weapon upgrade=
2400+500 gold, 100 wood
That leaves us with a total of 2900 gold and 100 wood

The smith is fucking irrelevant, you have it early yes, but it does jack fucking shit on the economy. The effects of it are minimal, what you lose on making a smith early you gain by making him upgrade towers early, and repairing wallins. This is a very simple concept, it doesnt require a PhD, and it seems to me like 99/100 people who play good war2 understand this.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:43 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

Why dont u stop smurfing on the forum newb, ur probly genocide makin a team for himself omfg.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:45 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

Just to sum this whole thing up, genocide thinks counter dualing is best way to own a dual, but his 2 replays against a dual he gets owned both times. Genocide, maybe u dont have a clue how to rape a dual either then =\ ur in the same position as i am, 50/50 against dual. The whole point of this post is me tryin to gather info on beating a dual, not to continue being 50/50. Genocide dont post again until u have valuable information. Im tired of u twisting things i say, im no english major at expressing what i wanna say.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:49 pm 
uNxHiTMaN

http://www.war2.ukfun.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=400d937aa3f5ffff;act=Attach;ID=848;f=20;t=203;p=2

Example of a dual getting beat......

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:56 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

I watched it but it wasn't very helpful, black focus'd on 12 too much and never touched blue's economy once which costed him.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:23 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

Actually i dont think he attack'd blue's main once in that match lol

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:23 pm 
GenOciDe-

My god your stupid.

There is not '100% strategy' to beating a dual. There is no guarantee your going to win any game when playing war2, that's the fun of the game you dumb fuck. You have no idea what your talking about kid.

How to beat a dualer:

1. You scout the dualer, throw up a 2nd rax (if needed) and a mill. Put 4-5 peons on wood immediately to have enough wood for cats. Send 1-2 peons to the dual and concentrate on a base + OT into him (Preferably the base with the rax.) Send cats asap

examples of duals and which base to OT:
4/5 - Probably 4.
6/8(BNE) - Probably 8.
s9/9 - Probably 9 or by the trees above s9.
9/11 - Probably 9.
12/2 - Depends on the situation. For me, it's 2.
These are the bases you should OT.
Send 1-2 peons to the dual. Start Ot'ing him in. Get your 2 cats asap + pumping grunts and break in.

2. **This is called COUNTERDUALING** (You obviously are not smart enough to figure this out) Scout the dualer, send all your grunts you already have at the dual, space them out and force him to rep his walls as much as possible. Send 3-4 peons as soon as you scout the dual to your neighbouring mine and rep your hall. Continually scout the dual w/ grunts to see what's he's doing (lusting, chopping out + rushing, etc) and use the appropriate counter. I won't spell the rest out for you, but obviously you need it.

3. **Not recommended** Scout the dualer, rep a mill + go hold asap. Rep 1-2 alchiemist (sp?) get saps and rep your mound. Sap into the dual with the rax asap and rape his gold.

Is this what your looking for newb?

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:54 pm 
GenOciDe-

http://war2.warcraft.org/strategy.shtml

READ THIS

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:02 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by uSmurf@USEast
And i will watch ur replays and tell u whats wrong with these guys ur late dual is beating.

I've also decided you have no right to say who's 'good' and 'bad', since you don't know what a counter-dual is, or how to use it.
Thanks

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:06 pm 
xAkroN

uSmurf called himself elite, i was laffing. LOLZY

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:15 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by uNxHiTMaN
http://www.war2.ukfun.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=400d937aa3f5ffff;act=Attach;ID=848;f=20;t=203;p=2

Example of a dual getting beat......

Good watch

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:20 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by xAkroN

l33t and he doesn't know what a counterdual is?
LOLZY indeed

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:20 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by xAkroN

Akron u asked me for SS after i turned u into a fuckin meat patty, i sent and asked u for 1, where the fuck is it, i have no respect for u until u prove u dont hack =\

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:59 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

Akron still hasn't sent me a SS after i sent mine also.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:00 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

Akron suck up to genocide more plz? k thx

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:02 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

No geno i dont need that, i found out that theres no better way to own a dual than what i already do from this joke of a post. I just dont like the fact that its 50/50, thats gay.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:04 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

1 more thing dont call me stupid, u have no who i am in real life, this is just a game. In real life im fuckin hitting it big =\

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:05 pm 
GenOciDe-

Stop posting 235235 times in a row. Just put what your going to say into 1 post, u dual-killing machine.

If your only winning 1/2 games, that means that you obviously don't know how 2 counter a dual =(.

I'm done argueing with you, I'd rather be talking to a wall.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:49 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
No geno i dont need that, i found out that theres no better way to own a dual than what i already do from this joke of a post. I just dont like the fact that its 50/50, thats gay.

What do you 'already do?' I would like to hear a play by play from your highness, if it pleases you.

Scenario: You scout me (pscout/grunt) however you normally scout in any given game. I don't want you to pscout my dual becuz it's easier to counter if you do. However you normally scout, and you see that I'm 9/11.

Take it away, Champ.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:50 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

hmmmmmmmz

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:02 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
hmmmmmmmz

Hi!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:17 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
quote:
hmmmmmmmz

Hi!

hello!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:30 pm 
Goku

quote:
quote:
quote:
hmmmmmmmz

Hi!

hello!

HIYO!! ("\(-______________-)/")

Last edited by Goku on Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:02 am 
uSmurf@USEast

When i say 50/50 i mean against good players, any average or above average player just dies. For the traditional 9/11 dual with 1 gt @ each base i gather 9 grunts outside 9(out of site). I pull mad peons off from gold onto lumber (no need for much gold now). Make 2 cats, send 2 peons up to 9 and start makin a few GTs out of range of their GT, they see this so if they are smart they are making cats. My 2 cats arrive and rape their 1 GT, start makin mad towers closer in. My cats can see far, i see if they got ogies or not, if they dont then its just an average player, walk in with grunts rape, gg. If they are good they got 3 raxes building or so and maybe 2 complete makin ogies, they mite have 4-6 ogies. I go in with grunts to get their ogies attackin me, lure em into my gts, while bombing them with cats. While they are hella distracted by this im quickly lust rushing @ my home preparing to pump ogies and pull lumber onto gold. 9 will die eventually with this unit control back and forth and more GTs getting built into their base. From here to end its basically a 1v1 between 11 and my home. This is an example of it running smooth but its hard to keep my home running smoothy while paying attention to my peons @ 9, my grunts and cats. Shit gotta to fuckin school later.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:03 am 
uSmurf@USEast

btw had no time to proof read that, mita fucked up

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:04 am 
GenOciDe-

BAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

So you OT them? Gj there champ!
Argueing about what your opponent is going to do and what your going to do in any given war2 game is almost as stupid as trying to explain counterdualing to you.

" i found out that theres no better way to own a dual than what i already do from this joke of a post. I just dont like the fact that its 50/50, thats gay."

I also understand you still don't know the concept behind counterdualing. What a waste of time

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:40 am 
uSmurf@USEast

quote:
BAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

So you OT them? Gj there champ!
Argueing about what your opponent is going to do and what your going to do in any given war2 game is almost as stupid as trying to explain counterdualing to you.

" i found out that theres no better way to own a dual than what i already do from this joke of a post. I just dont like the fact that its 50/50, thats gay."

I also understand you still don't know the concept behind counterdualing. What a waste of time

I watched ur replays and u are 0-2 against dualing. 1-1 is better than that "champ".

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:57 am 
GenOciDe-

quote:
I watched ur replays and u are 0-2 against dualing. 1-1 is better than that "champ".

Your right, you own me man. Msg me next time your on b.net under this name or PCSpeaker and teach me a lesson plz?
Thanks.

I'll even record it so the rest of this forum can watch you teach me how to play.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:07 am 
uSmurf@USEast

I understand the point of counterdualing perfectly, its basically so that both players are in a dual and getting big so that both players have equal chance to win the game. It basically cancels out the dual situation. Counterdual = 50/50 chance to win. I am looking for strategy with a better success rate. Im going to try early early double cat (with ur 4 grunts that caused them to up GTs) to break into 9 quicky(for 9/11 dual). If they already have 2 rax in 9 then make some gts to disable those rax in 9. They will probably be level 1 vs my level 3. Then 1v1 vs 11 with the advantage. I need to work out the resource factor for this of course. Constructive critisism on this?

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:17 am