FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

dualing in 1on1s
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Allstar

dualing in 1on1s

before you flame me, i did quit, but my new video card bit the dust, and i cant play anything but war2 for aw hile=[ anyways my 9/11 dual and 4/5 dual untouched is powerful and fast, but i have trouble in 1on1s, like, ill dual 9/11 with two watch towers, and upgrade them if they scout me (in case of a 4/5 dual,i wont be behind for havin defense and him not), and if i think they will cat i chop out with grunts and dual rush. but, i noticed, i have a tough time when they pscout real early, and either get guard towers up or cannon towers up really fast on my wallin, or a pscout thats real careful and i dont see them scout me and allofa sudden i got cats and towers on me. =/ any strategical recommendations? is it better to just rush in 1on1s? (at 9/11, 4/5) I usually dual at 9 and 11, and at 4, but rush at 5.

and plz only answers from good dualers plz =[
thanks,
allstar

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:57 pm 
Paper_Boy

You have many options just dont rush!.
You can get a fast scout tower b4 ur farm in like yah`dood used to do. Or you can just use a couple reppers and dont farm in early and when ur done repping u can scout outside with a peon and rape ne peon or towers. And if he runs in 9 dont let him rax you which is ez and if he does dont farm in 9 just get some guards. Or if he cannons you you can just throw up some guards out of his range and hes fucked.

If he goes mad guards at 1 town you can go fast cat (Better then a rush) or make a tower by your gold and just mine the shit out of it untill you can kill the towers. Or you could always farm off by the paths so he loses range on his towers. And if he goes guards and u defend your main well and may loose ur exp a sneeka rush works well.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

At 9, for the peoples that uses the classic setup, build your tower before your rax. You will be able to see quicker if you got scouted and therefore, react faster. Then it's just ress management.

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:14 pm 
uSmUrF

Always find enemy first, I wouldn't ever dual in a 1v1. If you have to dual id dual rush, it counters the OTs and can beat duals but i have a hard time keeping up with the good rushers. Best thing to do is pscout enemy first, you can usually tell what the enemy is doing from the pscout so adapt.

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by uSmUrF
I wouldn't ever dual in a 1v1.

stop talking now

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:28 pm 
uSmUrF

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
quote:

stop talking now

ok if you straight dual your fucked cuz im gonna cat you or gay you and take map ...if you dont die you'll atleast lose your active base so dont talk to me.

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
GenOciDe-

quote:
quote:
quote:

stop talking now

ok if you straight dual your fucked cuz im gonna cat you or gay you and take map ...if you dont die you'll atleast lose your active base so dont talk to me.

Not true at all.

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:07 am 

quote:
quote:
quote:

stop talking now

I'll have ogres with a chop out before you get to me fucktard. Especially on fastest where dualing is a lot easier to pull off.

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:53 am 
uSmurf@USEast

I'll have ogres with a chop out before you get to me fucktard. Especially on fastest where dualing is a lot easier to pull off.[/quote]

Any1 good will wall the dualer when they try and chop out with ots, cats and grunts.

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:27 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by uSmurf@USEast
Any1 good will wall the dualer when they try and chop out with ots, cats and grunts.

My god. Get on war2 and i'll gladly give you a lesson
[/end argument]

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:15 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
quote:

[/end argument]

Explain how u would get ur men out at 9 with 11/9 dual if ur farm'd in.

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:22 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

And explain what u would do to beat a dual that doesn't include rushing/catting/OTing since thats all newbie shit to do?

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:26 pm 
Counterdualing...?

Embarassed

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:31 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
And explain what u would do to beat a dual that doesn't include rushing/catting/OTing since thats all newbie shit to do?
Any1 good will wall the dualer when they try and chop out with ots, cats and grunts

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
[/end argument]

You can't 'explain' a situation and expect it to work. The other person will just throw out the ideal counter situation to what you say. You have to play the game, with the resources/action/error's to prove an argument.
I can guarantee you will not beat me. =(

Last edited by GenOciDe- on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:26 am 
GenOciDe-

And yes .. you can also Counterdual, which I prefer to ot'ing + cating

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:29 am 
GenOciDe-

quote:

ROFLE

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:32 am 
uSmurf@USEast

lol i wouldn't leave a dual untouched and late dual

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:35 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

btw can u please take a prozak before u reply? =\

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:36 pm 
Counterdualing...?

For christ sakes, it is not rocket science.
"late dual" ???? LATE? WHY?
You put up a hall farm rax and whatnot, and scout. So the guy is dualing. OK.
Now, you probably have about 4 grunts when you scout him(if you werent doing some stupid 1hall power newbie shit). Make your 2nd hall, stop making grunts, and use those 4 grunts to make him build towers. Its a fucking fact (if you do not suck shit), that when you made those 4 grunts and dualed, while he made 2 early gts and dualed off the start, you will not fall behind. If you do, you fucking blow, and should learn how to do it.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:09 pm 
uNxHiTMaN

There is no science to beat a dualer.......

sometimes it happens sometimes it dont....

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:33 am 
uSmurf@USEast

Um, ur lil stupid 4 fucking grunts wont do shit, if they dual without a smith the gts wont slow them down and ur fucked with ur lil late hall shit its gona get fucking owned by an untouched dual. He's gona get lust before u and take map on ur ass, u cant fuckin leave a dual untouched like that and expect to win with a late hall, omfg its almost like u expect all dualers are not as fast or as good as u.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:43 am 
uSmurf@USEast

The much earlier hall of the dualer is a huge advantage because, he has a mill for more lumber and u have a smith for a waste of gold and lumber, without a mill, gg ur fucked ur slowed. Plus ur grunts are made straight away where as his gts can wait leaving his peons building as priority.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:46 am 
uSmurf@USEast

Some1 who knows what to do to a dual that actually requires NOT LEAVING IT UNTOUCHED, please post on this board. Im tired of newbies with their counter dual shit posting on here.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:47 am 
GenOciDe-

Go read axo's strategy guide because you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:34 am 
GenOciDe-

Go dl my games @ www.freewebs.com/beatdownofalifetime and watch the games in which I counterdual way better players than you, and beat them to lust after building grunts + a smith.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:35 am 
uSmurf@USEast

Obviously if ur beating dualers to lust with a late dual theres something wrong Sad Good dualers put up 4 raxes while going stronghold, and the minute their mound finishes they pump 5 ogies.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:25 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

And i will watch ur replays and tell u whats wrong with these guys ur late dual is beating.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:26 pm 
uSmurf@USEast

Which ones are with ur opponent dualing?

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:29 pm 
GenOciDe-

No, there is nothing wrong with the dualers if you counter-dual them guy. You simply throw up another hall, rep it w/ 2-3 reppers and start pumping peons. Your not far behind the dualer. I don't remember which games, just dl some and i'm sure I counter-dualed in some of them.

Edit: Nm you silly newb. Dl the PaperBOY game in which I 1 rax rush from 4, scout pb's 9/11 dual (He waits on his smith till hold, like you said is 'impossible' to counter-dual + win. I already have a smith and up'd my grunts). I counter-dual 5 + still ot/cat 9 (He chops out and kills my ot's + cat) and I still beat him to lust in that game against his 'untouched' dual, since he killed my ot before they up'd. I end up loses becuz he scouts my 12 exp before my gt's up'd and rapes it =(.
I win to lust.

This lesson is over.

Gg newbl0r

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:45 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Obviously if ur beating dualers to lust with a late dual theres something wrong Sad Good dualers put up 4 raxes while going stronghold, and the minute their mound finishes they pump 5 ogies.

OMG son. I can't believe your still argueing with me on b.net about that. This is your arguement, since you can't seem to remember.

if ur beating dualers to lust with a late dual theres something wrong Sad

I don't know why u changed your argument after watching the game. 'You have no res, that's why you lost, not because you lost 12. It doesn't matter that you beat him to lust. ...etc ..something about a train' You obviously are not good at war2 and therefore your arguments are pointless since, in theory, you believe they should work. I had plenty of resources that game, watch it again. He killed 12 then razed my rax @ 4 when I was hitting 11.
That game proved you wrong. I beat him to lust by counter-dualing (with a 4/5 dual vs. 9/11 [much stronger dual], mind you.)

I win, you lose.

Game over

Btw, I will gladly 1v1 you, tell you to dual, and I'll gladly build a rax/grunts/smith + counterdual after scouting you + hitting you and bend you over.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:38 pm