FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Making your own Hotkeys. cheatin, or fine?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Old Glory

Making your own Hotkeys. cheatin, or fine?

I heard oyu can change your hoteys with a seperate program. Would this be considered cheating to you guys or fine. Hchanging hotkeys imo can improve parts of your game by making things faster.

Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:47 am 

I've never been able to build faster than I need to with the space bar, try that some time. As to a program changing hotkeys, yes, since that isn't a built in feature of the game I consider that hacking, but using Ctrl+ a number is also built it, and give you 9 (or 10?) extra options, plus the space bar, is really all I've ever needed.

Mendascity

Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:05 pm 
BuLLySoN

hot keys

really it is only for say if you trash the pre site keys.like the newbs in water grunts or free maps where you press the same button 1000+times in same game.you tend to ware out the hotkey. bnet knows this could happen.so y buy a new keyboard when you can change keys.i myshelf have never changed hotkeys.but i have returned keyboards that the key g and b stopped working.

Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Hackao

Nothing wrong with changing hotkeys. Comparing it to hacking is unfair, for logical and technical reasons.

1.) It's as much hacking as opening a winzip archive and adding a file is "hacking". You just change one file on your local hard drive. You can still call editing MPQ files "hacking" if you like - that's a fight over words - but it's technically vastly different from a map- or buildhack.

2.) The merits of a customized keyword layout are, well, subjective. A keyword layout I find easy to use may make the game more difficult for someone else. Unlike e.g. a maphack, which is good for everyone, changing hotkeys is all about customization. Like changing the music volume. Or adjusting screen brightness.

3.) Don't forget War2 was released in a number of different languages, and all with their individual hotkey layout. Perhaps the hotkeys in the US version are better than those in the German version? Would changing my German hotkeys into a US layout still fall under the same category as maphacking? Guess not.

Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

heh

It is cheating. It might not give them a large advantage like other hacks do, but if you need a third party program to change it than it is cheating.

Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Soth

blow it out your ass nalzy

Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

heh

Speaking of cheating, there's Soth...

Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

it's hacking, if you want the english version of hotkeys, buy the english version of the game

Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:13 am 
Hackao

So that Blizzard gets even richer?

Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:35 am 
NaLzyMan

heh

Yea we all know how blizzard cares primarily about their war2 bne edition sales...

Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:31 pm 

I wouldn't consider it hacking because you could just buy that controller (the Game Commander I think it's called) and program that. That is virtually the same thing but because its a periphal instead of a program it's not considered hacking? Granted I'm just a newbie but I wouldn't call that hacking for customizing the keys to your personal prefrence.

Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:18 pm 

yeah cause $5 is a shitload of money that will add on to their yearly millions of sales of war2. no reason trying to justify, just go hack some more HACKao

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:34 am 
Hackao

I am glad you could not disprove my arguments.

quote:
I wouldn't consider it hacking because you could just buy that controller (the Game Commander I think it's called) and program that.

Exactly.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:43 am 
NaLzyMan

heh

No offense, but your arguments are crap, just your opinions and the logic behind them is about as impressive as the typical hacker "I only hack because everyone else does" excuse.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:01 am 
Hackao

The arguments must be very thought-provoking considering even you have replied. Go on, you are entertaining.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:29 am 

DUMBASS :(

quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan
No offense, but your arguments are crap, just your opinions and the logic behind them is about as impressive as the typical hacker "I only hack because everyone else does" excuse.

And what is your argument? "Its a hack because I said so?"
Who the fuck gives a shit about this? If some fucking italian players have "c, b" for building a rax I do not give a fucking shit if they modify that. If you think this gives them an "unfair" advantage over other players you are just as fucking stupid as you sound.
Is it hacking by the definition of the word "hack"? Most likely yes. Is it something comparable to lets say maphacking, buildhacking etc. ? No.
Should these 2 SEPARATE issues even be compared in the same context? No.

I really dont give a fuck about the "hack" definition thats usually whipped up in these little conversations. This "hacking" of modifying hotkeys , or fucking "Haoswer", whatever the fuck you want to call it, does NOT give any player an advantage over another player!
Im 100% sure you have participated in games where someone, or even you recorded it with warvideo/war2bneinsight.
Maybe you even tried (for shit and giggles) that program that made 13x fastest speed, and I am 100% sure you have played in games where someone applied the latency fixer program.
These all ALL THIRD PARTY programs that VIOLATE ToS. Especially the "latency fixer" HACK might give an advantage over someone else with a different pkt setting or how the fuck you say it.Since battle.net doesnt have a pkt setting like that one could easily argue this gives pre-battle.net players an advantage. That is MODIFYING the game to a setting that DOESNT exist.

Therefore you are a dumbfuck hacker.Please do not make typical HACKER excuses for your behaviour!!!! You= hacker.

Please shut the fuck up and cease to exist. I dont even understand why occasionally respond to your bullshit posts, I really shouldnt because I already know you are a fucking DUMB CUNT that doesnt have a fucking clue about anything, and you wont most likely understand fucking anything even if someone wrote a book to explain your dumb ass SIMPLE things that do not even fucking matter.
Crying or Very sad

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:47 am 
]\/[esSiah

Who cares. War2's default layout is moronic and everyone knows it. Why should we be forced to use something blizzard put no thought into? I know I won't.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:29 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

It's hacking or cheating if you have to use another program to change the keys.

I never tried a speed adjuster or latency hack personally, yes I've seen others use them, and yes they are considered hacks and give quite a large advantage to the user. As for recording or using a save/resview, those do not help you while you are in game, those are only tools you use after game to check if someone is hacking. They change nothing while you are actually in game playing.

Anyway this isn't surprising, I know many of you use some hack or another, and you all fall into the same boat and try justifying it with the most terrible logic....

667, the reason you respond to my bullshit posts is because you know i'm right, and because I am 10x the player most could ever hope to become, but I agree, do yourself a favor and stop arguing when you prove yourself wrong.

Hackao, the arguments might be thought provoking to someone that tries to justify hacking like yourself, but to me it is clear cut.

Messiah, how come the best war2 players never needed to alter the moronic keyboard layout? Maybe it is because they are fine the way they are, personally this issue doesn't mean that much to me. Someone that is stupid enough to spend time altering their hotkeys because they think the default ones are too hard to use, is never going to be a threat in game anyway. I just wanted to make sure you newbies got a dose of pure logic.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:07 pm 
Hackao

Re: heh

quote:
It's hacking or cheating if you have to use another program to change the keys.

As I said, it's technically not hacking. No data is accessed by any third party program at runtime. All you do is altering local files, which is a big difference to actual hacking.
You can theoretically still call it "hacking", that makes no difference. Words are not important.

Hackao, the arguments might be thought provoking to someone that tries to justify hacking like yourself, but to me it is clear cut.

Nope, I don't justify hacking. See above.

Messiah, how come the best war2 players never needed to alter the moronic keyboard layout?

Because the file format of DOS War2 wasn't the same as in War2 BNE. AFAIK, the only tool to extract files from the dat archives was WarDraft, and it was released when most players were already used to the default hotkeys. Or maybe most players were too stupid to use WarDraft and change them.

Maybe it is because they are fine the way they are, personally this issue doesn't mean that much to me.

Oh yeah? It seems it DOES mean much to you.

Someone that is stupid enough to spend time altering their hotkeys because they think the default ones are too hard to use

Not hard to use... but not customized for me.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:23 pm 

quote:
I never tried a speed adjuster or latency hack personally, yes I've seen others use them, and yes they are considered hacks and give quite a large advantage to the user.

Ah but you have played with such 'settings'. Are you saying you dont mind your ally map/build hacking in a 2v2 because you are not the one hacking?
How does this differ from the games you have played with these FOUL HACKS ON? It doesnt. NEXT!

I decided I should put some pure fucking comedy gold here, lets see can your feeble mind understand where it all went wrong for you.
Some Nalzyman quotes in chronological order:

quote:
Who are you again 667?

quote:

Anyway this isn't surprising, I know many of you use some hack or another, and you all fall into the same boat and try justifying it with the most terrible logic....

quote:

I just wanted to make sure you newbies got a dose of pure logic.

GET IT? LOL YOU SPEAK IRRATIONAL THINGS

I repeat, shut the fuck up.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:41 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

No, I don't ally people that use any hacks, but i've played against people that used them.

Irrational? I forum raped you son....

Who are you again? I still don't know...

As for you hackao, I already said, try to justify it all you want, you use a third party program to change your hotkeys and it affects the game.

It doesn't mean a lot to me, I just don't like people trying to justify hacking on a respected strategy forum like axo's....

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:45 pm 
-667-

quote:
No, I don't ally people that use any hacks, but i've played against people that used them.

You know people hack these games with VICIOUS 3rd party programs causing latency changes for one, and you still play them. I guess your valiant hacker catching bullshit just went out the fucking window there. You condone this foul hacking in your games. Good job. Im sure in those team KOTH games or what the fuck they are, someone used a 'latency hack'. You, your ally, and the away team surely all approved of this, thats 100% sure because the game itself lets people know when the latency hack is applied. You approved hacking, you are no better than the hacker. Ok?
quote:
Irrational? I forum raped you son....

If you define 'forum rape' as "I'll be a fucking dumbass like I always am and go talk irrational things just because thats the only thing I'm good for", yes, you did forum rape me. Good job. Seeing as I am probably about a decade older than your fucking punk ass you might skip the son comments.

Ok. Lets try this AGAIN.

"I know many of you use some hack or another, and you all fall into the same boat and try justifying it with the most terrible logic...."

"Who are you again 667?"

Get it? Of course you wont Sad
Ill explain, because I am 100% behind the idea of educating worthless little fucks like you.
You say you do not know who I am, yet you imply I hack. I really do not understand why you would say this because for not even once have I said that I have a)modified hotkeys b)map/spell/build hacked c)used that faggy tileset d)used a latency fixer

Ok, so the question is "Has the almighty -667- used these programs???"
Why would I even bother answering since you are so fucking stuck in your feeble mind that you can not grasp someone who disagrees with you might *GASP* NOT HACK!!!
(no, by the way.)
I have however said I dont give 2 shits if someone fucking modifies their hotkeys.

Can you get that with your fucking astounding logic you fucking imbecile?

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:23 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

Since when do I approve of hacking you dumb fuck? I don't need to be a valiant hacker catcher when they are using the hacks in front of me.

You are the one that needs to be educated, you are some no name scrub, and you are trying to lecture me?

Implication and accusation are different things...

I don't think that everyone that disagrees with me hacks, but it tends to be the case, since the people that disagree with me are usually the ones using those light weight hacks and feeling it is ok. Most people that don't bother using those hacks, do it because they are lazy, they don't like hacking, or they just don't know about it. War2 has been deteriorating for quite some time, and just because I played games against hackers doesn't mean I ever condoned them. Hell I played valkrie tons of times and he was a hacker, and I hate his guts for it, but I'm not going to run around and cry hacker and not beat the shit out of them. There is nothing I enjoy more than taking down the hackers in war2.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:33 pm 

quote:
Since when do I approve of hacking you dumb fuck?

When you volunteerely play with people that hack the game, simple. You do not mind them using a hack program, you do not leave the game, you do not even complain. You dont even mention anyone hacking anything. You just play the game and after the game you play 10 more with the same people, with the same people hacking again.Maybe you take a shower and go on with your worthless miserable life after those games and play more games with hackers tomorrow, I dont really care.It is most likely that you have NEVER complained about anyone using a latency fixer,because there is little reason to complain. Yet, you think it is 'hacking the game'.But, you dont mind it at all. That ends our little lecture "Approving hacking in warcraft II bnet fucking edition", thank you come again Mr. !

quote:

I don't need to be a valiant hacker catcher when they are using the hacks in front of me.
First you (in your usual fucked manner) cry what is hacking and what is not, then you proudly tell all of us about your perversions on ejaculating all over your keyboard when you 'catch' a hacker', then you just flat out say you dont mind people hacking in games you play? Are you fucking dumb or something? Oh wait....you ARE dumb. Never mind.

quote:

You are the one that needs to be educated, you are some no name scrub, and you are trying to lecture me?

I have 2 quotable items in this thread where you wonder what my so-called bnet handle is, or what name am I 'known' for. Good work again Einstein.

quote:

Implication and accusation are different things...

Both lead to the same conclusion though, especially in your case. To prove that we have about 16000 posts on this forum of you spreading your bullshit.
I mean jesus fucking tapdancing christ you 'imply' people are dishonest because they have 'hack' in some form in their bnet handles? What the fuck is wrong with you? Go take your medication.

quote:

I don't think that everyone that disagrees with me hacks, but it tends to be the case, since the people that disagree with me are usually the ones using those light weight hacks and feeling it is ok.

If thats your opinion, fine, you participate in games where 'light weight' hacks are used and dont even mind it? That I believe could be described like you said, "feeling it is ok" ?
Blind bleeding the blind, oh yes baby!

quote:
Most people that don't bother using those hacks, do it because they are lazy, they don't like hacking, or they just don't know about it. War2 has been deteriorating for quite some time, and just because I played games against hackers doesn't mean I ever condoned them.
Yeah I hope abusing women stops but I'll just beat up my spouse anyway. Ill just tell my neigbour not to beat up his wife so loud that I wake up. Its not like I am condoning the overall concept of beating women up. Rolling Eyes

quote:
Hell I played valkrie tons of times and he was a hacker, and I hate his guts for it, but I'm not going to run around and cry hacker and not beat the shit out of them. There is nothing I enjoy more than taking down the hackers in war2.

Dumbass-English translation:
Valkrie has pumped me full of sperm many times and since he seems to have too much luck in some of his games I'll just say he hacks without any proof to present to anyone.Why, you ask? Because I am Nalzyman, king of the anti hacker castle! In reality, of course, I am his fucking bitch that he mounts whenever he feels like a ride.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:35 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

Hey i'll get on Guest and spout my bs instead of getting on my real name... right?

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:05 pm 
-667-

For some reason it keeps logging me out.
I am sorry if I have hurt your delicate fragile feelings by not remembering to log in thus hiding my REAL identity which is -667-. I wish I had the bravery to post under my true alias like you, NaLzyMan.

I can only assure you that post was from me, and if you lose sleep over this trivial issue we have at hand feel free to ask Axolotl, the administrator of this forum, does the above post have the same IP address as mine. I could go on saying that any rational being could have easily assumed correctly that I posted that, but since you are not a rational being lets not get into details... ok?

quote:
Hey i'll get on Guest and spout my bs instead of getting on my real name... right?

Again, a Dumbass-english translation:
I really cant say anything because basically I just talked my own dick in a fucking knot in this thread. Ill just cling on to insignificant things because that is the only thing I can say at this time.

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:39 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

"When you volunteerely play with people that hack the game, simple. You do not mind them using a hack program, you do not leave the game, you do not even complain. You dont even mention anyone hacking anything. You just play the game and after the game you play 10 more with the same people, with the same people hacking again.Maybe you take a shower and go on with your worthless miserable life after those games and play more games with hackers tomorrow, I dont really care.It is most likely that you have NEVER complained about anyone using a latency fixer,because there is little reason to complain. Yet, you think it is 'hacking the game'.But, you dont mind it at all. That ends our little lecture "Approving hacking in warcraft II bnet fucking edition", thank you come again Mr. !"

You aren't very bright are you? I already said that I mind them hacking, but that I prefer just beating the crap out of them. People like OJ used to complain that packet settings lost him a game, so you let people use their latency hack and you still beat the crap out of them, and they have 1 less excuse. Anyway, the fact that you are trying to talk shit about your perception of my real life is quite sad, and everytime someone does this you can tell they are getting backed into a corner.

"First you (in your usual fucked manner) cry what is hacking and what is not, then you proudly tell all of us about your perversions on ejaculating all over your keyboard when you 'catch' a hacker', then you just flat out say you dont mind people hacking in games you play? Are you fucking dumb or something? Oh wait....you ARE dumb. Never mind."

When did I ever say I don't mind people hacking in my game? Baka

"I mean jesus fucking tapdancing christ you 'imply' people are dishonest because they have 'hack' in some form in their bnet handles? What the fuck is wrong with you? Go take your medication."

I did not imply any such thing about hackao, I just said I don't give anyone with the word hack in his handle that much credit. Is this concept too hard for you to grasp?

"If thats your opinion, fine, you participate in games where 'light weight' hacks are used and dont even mind it? That I believe could be described like you said, "feeling it is ok" ?
Blind bleeding the blind, oh yes baby!"

Again, how the fuck did you deduct that I condone hacking?

"Yeah I hope abusing women stops but I'll just beat up my spouse anyway. Ill just tell my neigbour not to beat up his wife so loud that I wake up. Its not like I am condoning the overall concept of beating women up."

What a stupid analogy, I don't hope hacking stops and then use hacks myself. My neighbors would be my teammates and I don't ally them if they hack.

"Dumbass-English translation:
Valkrie has pumped me full of sperm many times and since he seems to have too much luck in some of his games I'll just say he hacks without any proof to present to anyone.Why, you ask? Because I am Nalzyman, king of the anti hacker castle! In reality, of course, I am his fucking bitch that he mounts whenever he feels like a ride."

I don't think anyone that speaks broken english through half of his post, should be translating anything. Yea, it must be me who was the only one that knew valkrie hacked back in the day. Hell no one else even suspected him right? You have no fucking clue kid, and I suggest you get one before you make yourself look even less intelligent than you already do.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:50 am 

quote:
You aren't very bright are you? I already said that I mind them hacking, but that I prefer just beating the crap out of them. People like OJ used to complain that packet settings lost him a game, so you let people use their latency hack and you still beat the crap out of them, and they have 1 less excuse.

Sigh. The latency fixer does not work that way. It is supposed to create an 'extra low latency' in bnet, so to say. This improves gameplay for EVERYONE. Every player in the game has better unit control because everyone enjoys this setting. This improves game play for everyone with out a fucking doubt, including YOU. But according to your logic anyone using this is a hacker. Go figure. Do not talk about things you have no clue about, then again knowing your 'online personality' that is too much to ask.

quote:

When did I ever say I don't mind people hacking in my game? Baka
This really is getting repetitive. It can not be that hard to figure out. Since you play hackers repetitively over and over again, in a hacked environment, sometimes with you getting different settings because of hacks too, it is not really a secret you do not mind it. If you wish to write yet again that 'you do not condone it' thats fine with me. That would make you a liar and a hypocrite.

quote:

I did not imply any such thing about hackao, I just said I don't give anyone with the word hack in his handle that much credit. Is this concept too hard for you to grasp?

Yes, it is, to be quite honest.

"If thats your opinion, fine, you participate in games where 'light weight' hacks are used and dont even mind it? That I believe could be described like you said, "feeling it is ok" ?
Blind bleeding the blind, oh yes baby!"

quote:

Again, how the fuck did you deduct that I condone hacking?

Read above. It can not be that hard.

quote:

What a stupid analogy, I don't hope hacking stops and then use hacks myself. My neighbors would be my teammates and I don't ally them if they hack.
Since you play in games where a latency fixer is being used, you get the same benefits as others. You do participate in creating this hacked game environment because you condone it. You agree to play in it, because you stay in the game. If you didnt condone it you would LEAVE THE GAME.
This seriously cant be something a person even as dumb as you could not understand. I really an again wondering why I am wasting my time with you.
You once again talk your dick in the blender and then you go on repeating yourself while you miss the whole fucking point of the issue. Good work.

quote:

I don't think anyone that speaks broken english through half of his post, should be translating anything. Yea, it must be me who was the only one that knew valkrie hacked back in the day. Hell no one else even suspected him right? You have no fucking clue kid, and I suggest you get one before you make yourself look even less intelligent than you already do.

Ok, so if I were to 'suspect' at this very thread that NaLzyMan hacks, obviously this statement would turn out to be true after a while.Im sure you have been accused of hacking.What amount of accusations does it take to make the above accusation correct? Or does this amazing logical breakthrough only apply when you make it? You may read your bullshit above, read it real carefully and see where you went wrong. I can not say I am a phd on WarCraft II, but the last time I checked there are many players who in general are thought to hack. Usually players that are quite the war2 players. That leaves us with 2 options, basically...

a)They hack thus making them quite the war2 players
b)2nd rate players and whiny bastards like you cant take a loss

With this one, I'll go with B. To give some credit to you, I'll say you are not a 2nd rate player, but simply a whiny bastard.

PS. I noticed I am not currently logged in. I hope this doesnt upset you, knowing the fragile personality you are. I can only sincerely apologize and assure you -667- was the 'handle' I intended to post under.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:25 am 
Hackao

Changing hotkeys does not actually influence the game. All it does is influencing the way I input data during the game. Consider this:

Let's say I wanted to use "q" as hotkey for ogres. What if someone built a keyboard that has the "o" key between TAB and W? That would have the same effect as changing the hotkey software-side, yet it would not be "changing the game with another program".

Don't say this is unrealistic; keyboards in different countries in fact have keys swapped around. (Example: on German keyboards, Z is located where Y is found on US keyboards.)

There goes your logic.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:15 am 
Soth

not that i care or anything, but nalzy is a douchebag and a hypocrite.

http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2312&highlight=

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote