FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Making your own Hotkeys. cheatin, or fine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
NaLzyMan

heh

667, you obviously don't understand. The latency adjuster helps the user, from what i've seen it doesn't do jack shit for anyone else unless they use their own, and I don't ally people that use it.

667, again your lack of experience shines through, i've been accused maybe a dozen times of hacking, and i've always provided people with the ss or saves or whatever they wanted. Not to rain on your parade, but most players that are suspected of hacking, aren't "quite the war2 players".

Also you don't seem to realize that I don't suspect people based on whether they lose to me, or beat me. I suspect people based on how they play, or what they do in game, and I have yet to be wrong....

Hackao, it can influence the game heavily, if I were to reconfigure my hotkeys so that all of the keys I personally use are clustered together the right way, I could multitask a little more.

Soth, does this thread hit too close to home? What nerzy did before I even knew him is none of my business, everyone knows that if I ever thought he was hacking in a game I wouldn't ally him. How are the hacks working out for you soth? Still "testing" them?

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Hackao

Hackao, it can influence the game heavily, if I were to reconfigure my hotkeys so that all of the keys I personally use are clustered together the right way, I could multitask a little more.

Probably not more than someone who has been used to the default keys for 7 years.

And even if it gives you an advantage, it is still fair. Changing hotkeys is a matter of editing local files. It happens on my computer only. It makes no difference whether I click the icon, hit O, or hit Q: The ogre is built anyway. Someone who is used to O will hit at the same speed as someone who is used to Q.

Maphacks or buildhacks are different: They change the actual game. I'll not produce that oger if a maphack told me 9 enemy ogres were approaching the rax. Hacks access the data flow between my computer and my opponent's computer. That's the fundamental difference.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

667 your clueless =\

While I don't agree with Nalzy since Game Commander (?) and the new Voice Commander thing from Microsoft do the same thing...infact they make it even quicker then changing your keys on your keyboard would but 667 the latency hack is a HACK...it is unfair and it only benefits the person using it. On multiple occasions on the fastest setting people used it and could pull peons when I could not...I tested this out with people I know and it only benefits the user giving them an unfair advantage. Nalzy might disagree with changing the hotkeys on your keyboard as a hack or not but he's an honest player unlike most of the remaining War2 players so back the fuck off.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:07 pm 
Eradicate

War lat works for everyone but I find it barely makes a difference in ef as much as it does in f. More often than not it seems to make the game lag a little. If you really tested it out then you would know this. I bet you know Nalzy as much as I do and I don't know him at all. How would you know the depth of his integrity and how honest of a war2 player he is? You say most of the remaining war2 players aren't honest, assuming your a f player because you post as guest, you bring this upon yourself. Rather then play the best competition that plays your speed you host a public game and take on any unknown newb that walks in. You guys would rather take a 5 minute game win over a good well played game. I've join the ~2v2@GOW~GOOD~!!@~!!~!~ games and people like dragon_master234 joins and I rarely see anyone say anything. The ef players on the other hand have a community set up where all the players know each other and for the most part get along. They know what each other is capable of. The best fastest players don't know what each other player is capable of so when they see something semi clever or a little wierd they shout out hack.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

LoL, newbies cry hack. I ask for SS if you hit every expansions as it's building with 9 units and that's it. Your right that I don't know Nalzy very well but I did know Nerzy and those too are tight so that's good enough for me. I've never caught Nalzy using any hack of any sort and coming from someone who obviously uses that latency hack since your sticking up for it saying it works for everyone (which it doesn't) you shouldn't talk. I'm a newbie but at least I'm legit.

Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:17 pm 

What the fuck?

quote:

I've never caught Nalzy using any hack of any sort and coming from someone who obviously uses that latency hack since your sticking up for it saying it works for everyone (which it doesn't) you shouldn't talk.

Ok, so I do not know what the fuck the program even does... and yet I use it? OK! I already stated I do not use the program personally, and if the program has a positive effect for all players equally (apparently this is somewhat open here, since people disagree on it, I might be wrong and if thats the case I am sorry for misinforming you), why wouldnt I fucking mind someone using it? Jesus christ you are so fucking dumb GAH!

quote:
I'm a newbie but at least I'm legit.

Ok.

here we go again:

quote:
667, again your lack of experience shines through, i've been accused maybe a dozen times of hacking, and i've always provided people with the ss or saves or whatever they wanted.

<sarcasm>
I am real sorry my lack of experience on the amount of hacking accusations concerning you shines through. </sarcasm>
I did have an excel sheet of all the accusations ever made between 1999-2001 but I accidentally deleted it, therefore my data on this subject is very little. Are you serious? Can you even fucking say such things? Do I even fucking care? Unless you are trying to somewhat remotely hint people someone accuses of hacking deny ss all the time thus making them hackers? Then again with that link Mr.Soth here provided that cant be it. Nah.

Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:05 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

Speaking of Mr. Soth, he has used hacks. As for that link, I don't remember but I think it was about decap denying ss, while that isn't 100 percent proof, it is suspicious, but I can also understand his reasoning for not giving up an SS. Oj is a loser, and he is an asshole. He has asked me for ss like 30x in one game just to be an asshole. (I provided him with all of them).

Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

funny that this comes from u, nalzyman Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:03 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

How is that guest account working out for ya?

Post Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:37 pm 

you r not worth logging on nalzyman...
every1 hates u anyway, so shut the fuck up

Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:34 pm 
Hackao

Nalzy, don't you find it irritating that you have no friend even *in the Internet* apart from Nerzy? The sheer thought about your social status in RL scares me Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:37 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

Ignorance is bliss eh hackao. Sorry if I don't have my internet or rl friends swarm a war2 message board. I can hold my own...

Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:25 pm 
Hackao

quote:
my internet or rl friends

You claim you've got some? That's almost as doubtful as your "I retire from War2" thread was Smile

Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:31 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

If you seriously think I don't have internet or rl friends, which I doubt, It is more likely that you are just pulling this line of insults to try and discredit me forumraping you, but if you do really think I don't have friends, then you are very ignorant, and very stupid.

Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:34 pm 

hard to imagine u have frineds tho

Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:56 pm 
Hackao

Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:24 am 
NaLzyMan

heh

Owned

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:39 am 
Hackao

Go tell it to your imaginary friends Confused

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:18 am 
NaLzyMan

heh

That all you got? Weak...

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:28 pm 
nalzyman@hacko= REJECTS~!

Re: heh

quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan

Seeing how you are trying so hard to defend yourself from the belief of you not having any friends, I'm convinced you don't.

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:45 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

This coming from the loser who doesn't even post his opinions on his own name?

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:08 pm 
nazlyman=reject

quote:
This coming from the loser who doesn't even post his opinions on his own name?

HEH, I wouldn't call others losers if I were you, seeing in all how u are the BIGGEST LOSER OF ALL~!

Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:34 pm 
Hackao

quote:

Read my previous postings in this thread, fag. I think it wasn't the usual shittalk. Needless to say I didn't want to convince YOU about the whole hotkey thing (you are immune to criticism) but perhaps some thinking people who are unsure about it Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:03 am 
Fast Luck

Definitely unfair play. I don't know if "hacking" is the right word for it, but if you're changing built-in features with the game, you're cheating. I don't care how else you can do it, and how many other people do it, it's still cheating. In this situation, it might not make a big difference, though.

Still, imagine some guy with a completely pimped out version of War2. He's got black units pink, he's got all new, more convenient hotkeys, he's got all these other little "fixes" and then he plays someone who just installed War2 BNE and came online to play. The pimped out guy definitely has an advantage, and that isn't right.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:41 pm 
(-Atral-)

Hehe. You guys are arguing over your opinions, but they are afterall your opinions.

I think changing the key setting is not really hacking. The advantages are minimal to say the least. And like its been said before, the people who have played this game a long time could probably press H,P,B,G,F,O,A just as quickly as those who use these programs. In my opinion I wish some of the keys were different but in all honesty, you should play the game that it was meant to play.

Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:15 pm 

If anyone has played StarCraft they know the feature that lets you and partners share a single race; well imagine if that would happen for WarCraft.
Don't worry this is still in the design stages.
-Player control though 2 mice would have to be coverted to keyboard strokes.

Still is being developed also dont expect a public release this is going to ebay

Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:23 am 
BleakStare

If it changes the game, it's cheating. Such a program would only be designed to give you an unfair advantage over your opponent. Definately wrong (in terms of fair sportsmanship).

Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
TRENDKILLER

If you've been playing for a long time changing hot keys might not be a smart idea. You've adapted to the regular hotkeys and it could fuck u up, yes

Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:04 am 
ShoeMan

i have a simple statement that will clear this up

BLIZZARD FUCKING "OK'ED" IT FOR THE USE OF KEY CHANGERS ON WARCRAFT 3, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING TARDS

http://www.blizzard.com/war3x/beta/patches.shtml

look at the bottom

WRONG AGAIN NALZYSHIT

ps: how would you know what "catching hackers" feels like? who have you caught?

quote:
Originally posted by

Patch 311

Tournament Additions:
- Added support for team tournaments.
Patch 310
Map Additions:
- Adrenaline has been revamped for the expansion and has been added to the 1 on 1 template.
- Scorched Basin has been added to the 1 on 1 template.
- A new map, Floodplains, has been added to the 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 templates.
- Another new map, Mur'gul Oasis, has been added to the 2 on 2 template.
- Plains of Snow, has been added to the 2 on 2 template.
Changes to Neutral Buildings, Units and Heroes:
- Stampede area of effect increased to once again be 1000, up from 500.
- Tornado tosses units into the air much more often than previously. With this change, Tornado is quite effective when used against armies.
- Merc cooldowns slightly increased. Their cooldowns are now 50 seconds x Level + 10 seconds, up from 40 seconds x Level + 10 seconds.
Undead Changes:
- Statue mana regen reduced to 1.5/sec from 3 /sec.
- Destroyers now start with zero mana.
- Gargoyles are now unarmored type armor instead of light armor.
- Nerubian Tower frost duration reduced to 5 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
Human Changes:
- Powerbuild effectiveness has been halved. It now takes 2 additional peons to double the rate of building, 4 to triple, etc. Note that the cost increase per additional peon is unchanged.
- Flamestrike area of effect changed to 200, down from 225.
- Spellbreaker feedback damage vs heroes reduced to 5 from 7.
- Spellbreaker feedback no longer affects spell-immune units.
- Spell steal mana cost increased to 60 from 50.
- Dragon hawk damage increased to 1d3 + 18 from 1d2 + 17.
Night Elf Changes:
- Ballistas are now 3 food, down from 4 food.
- Ballistas gain the ability to hit trees when the Impaling Bolt upgrade is researched. Note that trees will not be harmed by follow-through damage from the Impaling Bolt. You can use the Attack Ground command to damage multiple trees.
- Hippogryphs and Druids of the Talon in Storm Crow form are now unarmored units rather than being "light armor" units.
- Huntresses are now unarmored and have had their stats slightly tweaked. They now deal 1d3 + 15 damage, down from 1d3 + 18 damage, and their armor has been reduced to 2 from 3.
- Mana Flare has been upgraded. It now gives bonus armor to the Faerie Dragon casting it (while it is being cast), as well as causing splash damage when it strikes targets.
Orc Changes:
- Hexed units once again move at speed 100 instead of speed 150.
Other:
- The mini-map creep camp indicator now displays 3 levels of difficulty instead of 2.
- Added support for advanced users to customize hotkeys. For further information see the CustomKeyInfo.txt file inside your Warcraft III directory.

Post Tue May 06, 2003 5:16 pm 
Eradicate

They were suppose to know this a month before Blizzard ok'ed this?

Post Tue May 06, 2003 9:11 pm