FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

towering (gay)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
tower

towering (gay)

can somebody explain towering? i know axo made the special section, but i dont know what he means by spaces. i cant ever set up the ot right

Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:35 am 
Axolotl

towering (gay)

Those 2 pages just cover 2 'tricks' of towering. The tower bug, and towering into someone by using the towers shooting priority.

If you want to tower in to someone...say they already have a guard tower up.
You will need to put up your first guard tower at either 4 or 5 spaces away: meaning that you could fit a townhall in between the towers without the hall overlapping on them.

You need 2 peons...1 starts the tower...the other repairs. Then you wait until it is upgraded. THEN you start a watch tower closer...and once that is upgraded the guy is screwed unless he's doing something to stop it.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
tower

towering (gay)

also, how do u countner a gay, once uve started to rush. are you dead already?

Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:33 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

towering (gay)

stfu newbie and use ur freaking head

Post Mon Apr 01, 2002 12:30 am 
~!SiGn!~

towering (gay)

Lol

Post Mon Apr 01, 2002 12:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SoCzJuDo

towering (gay)

Personnally Y tower? i think its pretty newbish... Most people tower you and say "owned" but the true fact is can they own you 1v1 /w out gaying?? think about it are you truly the best when all you can do is tower?

------------------
JuDo

Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:10 pm 
~!SiGn!~

towering (gay)

quote:
Originally posted by SoCzJuDo:
Personnally Y tower? i think its pretty newbish... Most people tower you and say "owned" but the true fact is can they own you 1v1 /w out gaying?? think about it are you truly the best when all you can do is tower?

Thats always what i say when someone towers, and all they can do it laugh, then when I do play them 1v1 they are pretty newbish, because towering is like the only strat they know, if it really is a strat.

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:21 pm 
TowerBug

towering (gay)

I dont believe their is such thing as a tower bug. ive tried it a million times or so. do u make the guard so there is 1 rax in between both to the left and upgrade? please explain clearly. =)

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:53 pm 
Axolotl

towering (gay)

What's your bne nick tower bug...I'll show ya.

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:18 pm 
STOOPlD

towering (gay)

Well you should be good enough to be able to defend the gay. If not, then they are superior to you in that area. Choose the best strategy to win, I don't think it matters how you do it.

Post Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:57 pm 
Sabbey!

towering (gay)

quote:
Originally posted by ~!SiGn!~:
Thats always what i say when someone towers, and all they can do it laugh, then when I do play them 1v1 they are pretty newbish, because towering is like the only strat they know, if it really is a strat.

You're both newbies.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:15 pm 
Doritoe-

towering (gay)

Towering is no way in hell newbish if you know when to use it, especially when you are playing a new gow/fastest player. They tend to make 2 raxes with a ct for defense. I dont know about you, but I think the ct is useless and will slow your progress. Grunts should be able to defend your base ;\. Anyways, the people who do this are and easy kill with gts (maybe a cat too) and more grunts. They will not be able to stop you becuz they blow and cannot rush as well as you. =]

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:19 pm 
Doritoe-

towering (gay)

Towering is no way in hell newbish if you know when to use it, especially when you are playing a new gow/fastest player. They tend to make 2 raxes with a ct for defense. I dont know about you, but I think the ct is useless and will slow your progress. Grunts should be able to defend your base ;\. Anyways, the people who do this are an easy kill if you use gts (maybe a cat too) and more grunts then they have. They will not be able to stop you becuz they blow and cannot rush as well as you with their "protection." =]

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:23 pm 
Doritoe-

towering (gay)

Ignore my first reply =)

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:28 pm 
Nick

towering (gay)

Towering is part of the game. You dont have to be good at it, but u should know how to defend it and not be slowed down by it at least not as much as the gayer..

Cannon towers while rushing - oxymoron.
But necessary when 3x3ing and tripled..

Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:26 pm 
Gateway5000

towering (gay)

UPer left tower prevails over lower 1 right? is that the tower bugg

Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:56 am 
Picka_materina

towering (gay)

quote:
Originally posted by Gateway5000:
UPer left tower prevails over lower 1 right? is that the tower bugg

Top and left HAVE tower bug on them, meaning towers can be setup so that top cant repair while bottom can, and right can repair while left cant. It is really all very well explained by Axo. I don't know how people still get confused

Thnx

Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:16 pm 
DS~Anomaly

towering (gay)

Who the fuck are these Fastest players that make 2 raxes and a CT right away?

Everyone says this shit and after several thousand fastest games the only ppl I've clearly seen do this immediately were newbs that shouldn't be playing anyway..

If these are the type of players you're playing in w2lc you should honestly try and find the better ones...

Post Wed May 15, 2002 7:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Doritoe-

towering (gay)

I try to find games in 24-7 and if I dont, then I go searching for w2lc games. Mostly when I do this I find about 70% of the fastest community does the 2 rax 1 ct method of "stradegy". But I admit there are some good fastest players.

-Toe

Post Wed May 15, 2002 6:59 pm 
Scrubbolator

towering (gay)

quote:
Originally posted by SoCzJuDo:

towering is newbish
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"all you can do is tower"
to be good in warcraft 2, you need to be good in many things
one of which is towering

if you're god of rush/lusting and you suck at neighbor wars, then you cant be concidered a "good" player

just the same if you're god of towering and suck at rush/lusting you cant be concidered good

Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

Yeah. I like to say the same thing when my opponent either rushes, uses Ogres, Sappers, Dragons, or Catapults. Unless you can beat me with only Axe Throwers...YOU = NEWBIE & UNHONORABLE!

Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Biggs

towerin

the game is about winning, if some newb oted you, and you lost, maybe you aint as good as you thought you were... get over it and learn to antigay, stop sayin that towering is for newbs if you get OWNED so many times with the same "strat".

Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:02 am 
Doritoe

Towering and anti-towering is probably one of the best skills to have in this game.

Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:09 am 
Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Doritoe
Towering and anti-towering is probably one of the best skills to have in this game.

that isnt true. the best skill to have is to be able to talk trash while in a neighbor war; and winning of course; I believe Turtleman holds the title for that skill~

Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
untapped power

call me newbish, but i belive towering is one of the easiest to master and most effective rush in the game.

cook book to tower rush:
peon 1 : hall, farm, go find enemy and mstart making towers
peon 2 : mill
peon 3 : repair mill

cookbook to anti tower:

grunt rush Cool

http://www.pbnation.com

Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:46 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by untapped power
call me newbish, but i belive towering is one of the easiest to master and most effective rush in the game.

cook book to tower rush:
peon 1 : hall, farm, go find enemy and mstart making towers
peon 2 : mill
peon 3 : repair mill

cookbook to anti tower:

grunt rush Cool

newbish

Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:37 pm 
untapped power

if that makes me newbish, than anyone who cant beat it is super newbish.

http://www.pbnation.com

Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:05 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by untapped power
if that makes me newbish, than anyone who cant beat it is super newbish.
then stop playing newbs

Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:40 am 

hey man, its not like i go outta my way to newb bash. besides, tower isn't my only (mastered) strat.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:55 pm 
LoSe-aGe

Re: towering (gay)

quote:
Originally posted by SoCzJuDo

------------------
JuDo

Agreed

Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:06 pm