FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Fast ogres dual

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Ash-

Fast ogres dual

This dual is something i've tried a few times, and every time it has worked very nice. It's a peon stopper dual for 9/11 or s9/9. It could work at 4/5, but when i am there i like to go more peons and grunts/cats because ot's can just kill oyu there. Nonetheless, this used to work at 4/5 also.

First of all, I always repair my 2nd hall with 1 peon. at 9/11, gt's at each base, and s9/9 the standard 1 cat. Stop making farms after you reach 22 food, and try to balance your resources earlier on so that your 1000 wood comes in about the same time as you get 2000 gold. I find the best way to do this is to put all peons on gold until you get around 16, and then pull about 6 peons from gold to wood, and put the next 2 on wood. Perhaps the next two on wood, and the next two on gold. After you go hold, get another farm up, as well as a blacksmith. When your hold is about 2/3 done, you should put up 2 more barracks. You will need to repair both barracks, and your mound. Stop making farms (momentarily) when you get 30, and stop making peons when you get 24. Upgrade as soon as smith is done, and pump ogres. make farms again when first round of ogres is done. Sometimes I make a 4th barracks, but If i do i won't be going fort for awhile.

Basically, what this strat does, is get you ogres about as fast as a regular 1 hall ogre rush would, except you have 2 halls instead of one. Usually you can have at least 3 ogres by the time their cats arive. Make sure you are chopped out by the time your first round is done. You should be able to repair tower until your next round is done, and 6 ogres is plenty to kill 2 cats. After you feel you have enough ogres to stop their rush/cat/ot's, stop training until you can go fort. This also has done well at fucking up counter duals when i am s9, killing both pimster and valkrie's counter duals to my s9 dual(i believe i went 4 rax against each of them).

I don't do this all the time as i absolutely hate p stopping (except for 2/12 wars ), but I can't deny that it's a fucking awesome strat.

Good counters to this are well placed cannons (under 9, at 11, s9's gold), counter duals with sufficient ogres to counter, and a straight up one hall power. However, all of these counters suck if you don't do the p stop dual.

Try and beat me now?

------------------
Peace and Love,

Ash

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:05 am 
MensaGenius

Fast ogres dual

Hrm, this is great for me - P-stopping comes easy for me, because I always forget to make peons after 25ish anyway.

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

Fast ogres dual

Ash quotes :

"Good counters to this are well placed cannons (under 9, at 11, s9's gold), counter duals with sufficient ogres to counter, and a straight up one hall power."

I think that a straight power would be the most easy matchup agaisnt ur strat ash.
U just outrun him with ogres and kill all his rax at the time hes mage.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:14 pm 
Scrubbolator

Fast ogres dual

that's alot like my ogre rush dual i also used to stop at 22 food when going hold etc

i just have one thing to add, sometimes it might be helpful to chop out in 2 places, like if you're s9/9 and u can chop out at both places to the left and right of your rax/smith or farm wallin on the top of 9. if you only chop out in one place and he brings a peon over to you before you can get your ogres out, he'll wall you in and you're fucked

Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote