FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

s9-9 / 9-11 dual against a 12-2 double cat
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
KaNuKs

When u dual and ur opponent is 12-2 thats tough cause he can get cats theres fast.
Whats happens usually is that at the time u have 2 ogres, u get oted with many guards and 2 cats hit u in the ass. What i do is chopping bottom of 9 (in case im 9-11 dualing) and i try to rewall as long as i can to have the time getting 6-7 level 3 ogres. Usually they send all grunts at 9 so i just ran away by the chop ive done at 9 and go hit his town with ogres. So u usually kill him while u cant save 9. Then i pump raxes inside 11 and repair them. The result is very random. Sometimes it wins sometimes not.

Is there a good way to beat someone that dual cats well when u dual ?

My way is risky and i would like to know some other good strats. Thanks

Post Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:42 pm 
Ally

Call help
I will help ur ass

Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:49 am 
sLuGGo

Me and Tdawg were working on this same sitation, and I recommend pumping grunts from your rax at 9 (9/11 dual) and even making a second and third rax for grunts. Chop at the opening of 9 to make a 2v1 choke. When the cats come, pray that you have enough to nail the cats and rewall quickly. A good 2-catter can make your life hell as Tdawg showed me. If you really suspect the 2 cat, make sure you are pumping plenty of grunts, giving preference over peons if you really have to.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:50 am 
KaNuKs

To : Sluggo and Bluflare

U guys strats seems to be good. I got to try this when i'll come back on my good comp. The only problem is if the opponent perform a nice late dual power instead of the dual cats. Then ill have mass grunts to his mass ogres, unless i can slow him down with grunts, which may be difficult because he got a few grunts too. And he can adapt his strat as he see that i chop out fast to exit grunts...
KaNuKs
Well thanks guys ill try ur strats.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:10 pm 
BiZaTcH

You've just got to scout it..

Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 4:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BlueFlare

A early dual with a few grunts should beat a later dual...

Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BlueFlare

I tried this the other day and it seemed to work out.. wall in with a smith / mill and farms. get a cat at 9 or 11 and get a gt at the other spot. Leave one peon outside and scout with him early on, use him to build a hidden rax then use him to build farms, so you don't waste a peon. Pump grunts when possible and you should have enough grunts to take out the cats by the time they hit.. that's what I usually do. Two treelines below 9 is a good spot to put the rax / farms, as they might go just below 9 or at s9, but generally don't go to that spot.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
~Babypeon

You'll be a bit behind the late dualer.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:57 pm 
BiZaTcH

A dual vs a late dual is definately in favor of the dualer. But you made 2 guards and some grunts (which shouldn't be made till you are scouted). You should rush him and make him wall in, put up towers, etc. or have him outrush you, and thus you are about equal. This, however puts you in favor against a dual cat or sapper rush..

Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 7:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

Yea Bizatch ur right. The only problem is that i like dualin without smith before hold.
But i guess ill have to get one before if i want to grunt rush. I gotta try all these shits on my new comp. On the comp im playin during the christmas holiday, i cant have a good unit control, so i cant test it very well.

Thanks again

Kanuks

Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 9:15 pm 
Babypeon

The late dualer will definately be ahead because he doesn't make the 2000 dollars worth of towers.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:15 am 
Babypeon

And also he doesnt make the two more racks before hold.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:17 am 
Babypeon

And why would the late dualer towers if he would be ahead in grunts? He has 2k + more gold because he doesn't have to make the towers.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:18 am 
Axolotl

The early dualer has more peons.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 11:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
[A]bsolute~Zer0

I'm sure Ax will agree with this...

the one will more skill will win it all

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 11:11 am 
BiZaTcH

Not always..

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 11:54 am 
Ash-

The later dualer will be ahead, and at worst equal. A dual vs a late dual might have 3 more peons and 2 guard towers, plus some repair time/resources(roughely 3300 gold and 100 wood not counting the time the repair peons arent gathering resources). and the late dualer will have 4-5 grunts(2400-3000 gold). IN a dual vs late dual situation, the late dualer should be big with lust just a few seconds after the dualer. If the dualer makes lots of grunts/rax early on, the late dualer will be ahead.

I've already mentioned my early ogre 22 peon hold dual, that works well. Getting cats inside 9 and walling back should work well also.

------------------
Peace and Love,

Ash

Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:34 am 
sLuGGo

What post did you mention that 22 peon hold dual in? I'd be interested in copying it and using on you and khb sometime soon :P

Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:17 am 
Phoenix

The faster that you expand, the faster you get a peon base going, the faster your resources come in, the faster you can pump offensive units, the faster you win the game.

Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
The faster that you expand, the faster you get a peon base going, the faster your resources come in, the faster you can pump offensive units, the faster you win the game.

I guess I should be expanding to 7 mines right away then. Thanks for the advice Phoenix.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 8:54 pm 
Fast Luck

besides a chopout dual rush to try to pick off their cats, you can always just keep moving your wall back. make more gts inside to keep them at bay, and youll also need some additional cats from barracks deeper inside of 9. eventually youll hold them off and be ahead for sure, unless they managed to take an exp as well during the big battle. since that could be the case, its good to sneak some ogres around the back looking for the exp while battling with your towers/cats to hold 9. hope this helps kanuks,

blid

Post Tue May 06, 2008 12:31 pm 
KaNuKs

Wow i dont remember posting this thread! It's from 2001. Thanks for bumping it Fast Luck, its a good strategy thread Very Happy

Post Fri May 09, 2008 6:31 pm 
Swift

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
besides a chopout dual rush to try to pick off their cats, you can always just keep moving your wall back. make more gts inside to keep them at bay, and youll also need some additional cats from barracks deeper inside of 9. eventually youll hold them off and be ahead for sure, unless they managed to take an exp as well during the big battle. since that could be the case, its good to sneak some ogres around the back looking for the exp while battling with your towers/cats to hold 9. hope this helps kanuks,

blid
The dualer will be behind.

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:37 am 
Fast Luck

Well, it really depends how successful the catter/towering person is

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 am 
Allstar

if you have to rewall he's successful, he already has an early mill for the cats he'll easily outpower you if he doesn't completely forget his main while catting you (something midrange skill players do alot) but a good player will trounce you if you dont get rid of the cats. Depending how fast they are at it, an extremely fast ogre rush sometimes works. Or you can just make 2 cats of your own, and out micro him.

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:12 pm 
KaNuKs

Allstar should be blocked from posting anything in the strategy section.

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 pm 
Allstar

I could say the same for you kanuks, go back to fastest you scrub and get raped by floyd more

get knocked out of tourneys in round 1 more

hall, gryphon aviary more

make up retarded recs against people you can't beat more

or, better idea, shut the fuck up and don't post here again.

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:12 am 
KaNuKs

All lies. When did i lose to floyd?

i got beat first round twice out of 10 tourneys, i won at least 5 of them. one of the time i got beat 1st round was vs hacking Braviet, whom me and swift caught a few months after. We requested warvid, at which point he started to lose each and every single 1v1s he played against us. He did no more of these hacking scout that he did all the time : scouting a building but stopping right when he can see it but before he gets in the range of the building sight. He did this all the time before we requested warvid, he never did it once he was forced to warvid.

I never used a build hack. Only jealous morons like you can make that shit up. No one believes you anyway so i could care less about that pathetic accusation.

My records have always been really close to the reality. If you want to hear some fake records, go listen at SG who finds a way to credit himself 2 wins when he loses one.

You are an all time newbie and you don't even know the game enough to give any tips. Have you ever beat me 1on1? Don't think so. You admitted having hacked vs me in a serie and lost badly which is why you went on a rampage to prove that i hack, no matter if im totally legit, which i am.

You hacking isnt enough to hang with a player like me, just get over it newbie.

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:13 pm 
Allstar

i never once used a hack vs you in a series you faggot fuck, quit making up lies, i never said that, ever. I'm an all time newbie, please, last 2v2 i played with you was me vs you 12/2 and you got scrubbed out. (here comes the 'that game never happened lol') and i've never even played you a 1on1 series douchebag. You are so legit you made up every single fact in your whole post you flaming pile of shit. Give it up. You are not one of the greats, you are a scrub who thinks too highly of yourself (i refer to the poll in moderated forum, good game. owned.) you got DECENT at a time when NOBODY else gave a FUCK about the game except battle net scrubs. (like yourself).

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:01 am 
Swift

quote:
Originally posted by KaNuKs
one of the time i got beat 1st round was vs hacking Braviet, whom me and swift caught a few months after.

Yeah, braviet was caught multiple times. Lux, bara and I, I believe it was caught him cuz he sent us an edited ss a few years back. I think he quit cheating ever since .ru though, either that or hes even worse at ef than thought.

Braviet isn't the only famous player known for having a sudden drop in skill when warvid is running Smile

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:27 pm