FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

what should you do if you were 1 rax rushing and your oppon

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
-sigil-

besides scouting fast and finding there exp and killing it. What should i do if they have both towns walled in and defence for the town is just minutes away?
And there's an advice of basically building a farm everytime your used food unit has a difference of three from the total food unit.
i'm wondering if you're dualing you should follow this rule (basically build farms sparingly) or just build all the farms as fast as you can in order to get a fast wallin.

Post Sat Oct 28, 2000 9:47 am 
Noss

The 3 food per new farm rule only applies to 1 townhall, because you can build 3 peons in the time it takes to build one farm. Now if you had 2 halls, you'd have to stay a head 6 food units with farms, assuming you are constantly training peons from both halls. And add a rax or 5? Better stay ahead on those farms Of course, if you're attacking you don't really have to stay ahead because your attack will free up food units. You shouldn't build all your farms immediately and end up with like 9/21 food at the beginning.. that's just inefficient. Build on a need-to-use basis.

---
Noss

Post Sat Oct 28, 2000 11:00 am 
Soth

I think it depends on whether you were peon scouting or grunt scouting. if your say 12 or 2, and you scout left with a peon..say he's dualing 9/11. you can ot 11 with a cannon and start chopping in while attacking with grunts being sent over every time you get em. he'll have to get a tower for defense, and buildings to block your chop in, and be repairing..that early is really hard to stop since he also built a hall at 9. if you scouted with a grunt, he may have defense already up, in which case you might need another rax and mill for a quick 2 cat rush...or ot him where he doesnt have a cat, or quick hold and saps..but I would peon scout myself, it opens up more options.

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Sat Oct 28, 2000 2:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote