FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Anyone know a two hall rush?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Reikan

Anyone know a two hall rush that can keep up with the one hall rush? I have heard its possible and can even be better than a one haller but does anyone have any info?

------------------
Reikan

Post Wed Oct 25, 2000 8:46 am 
Axolotl

There isn't one that can keep up with a good 1 hall rusher. Also...by the time a 2 hall rusher can start to outrush a 1 haller, the 1 haller will be hitting you with lust.

Basically...you always go Hall farm hall. The closer your 2nd hall is the better.
-2nd farm at home
-rax or smith at whichever base you prefer.
-the one you didnt build in previous step.
-farm
-start sending all peons to gold.
You need to use all of your buildings to wallin. If you don't you will be getting way ahead on your food (and low on gold) because you are forced to wall in before you can afford it. Try not to repair anything. 1 repairer on the rax, or 1 on the 2nd hall is all I ever do for repairing.
The enemy will usually be a couple grunts ahead, so your goal is to catch up as his grunts walk towards you. Have your guys in a formation as well.
If someone repair rushed, you will be outrushed pretty quick...you can't help it. The purpose of 2 hall rushing against a rusher, is to keep them off you long enough so that you have a good gold/wood flow. So when you do get your defense, it doesnt slow you down one bit. It also keeps the 2 cat rushes off you.

I've played a few players who do the 2 hall 2 rax rush...with intention of outrushing a 1 haller. Havi does this once in awhile. I don't think you should even bother. You will have to chop a lot of lumber just to get your mill going. It puts you really far behind.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2000 7:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote