FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Does anyone have a good canon rush?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
^Phantom~SoL^

I don't really get a chance to play much war2 anymore because of school... but the one thing I never could seem to get right is a cannon rush... I always seem to get to lust slow.

Does anyone have a good 1 rax w/ cannon rush AND/OR 2 rax w/ cannon rush that gets to fort pretty fast as well as has a good assortment of grunts? Thanks =)

Post Sun Oct 15, 2000 6:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MoRpHiuS

Usually in a 2 rax cannon rush, you dont want to get the cannon until you upgrade to fort, because if your making a lot of grunts, there is no need for a cannon. But as soon as you hit fort, you can make a cannon (if you have already made 3rd rax) because it will help if you go to hit with lust and leave your base undefended. Also if you happen to get lust slower than your oppenent, the cannon will help. But if i ever get a cannon its after I start upping my fort.

Post Sun Oct 15, 2000 7:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

1 cannon won't do dick if you have 9 lusted ogres raping you. =/ A cannon rush is used when the other 2 are rushing, and your ally is dualing (Usually). Basically just get 1 rax, smith, then a cannon. Once you got about 5 grunts and you've been building ton's a peons. Get your 2nd rax. You'll always be slow to lust with a cannon rush anyways (so maybe you should get level 5 since with the hack its cheaper than a cannon).

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Sun Oct 15, 2000 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
^Phantom~SoL^

Thanks for your comments guys.. but do any of you have solid build order I can follow and then change to my liking?

It doesn't really matter how much slower I will be to lust.. I'm willing to accept the fact I 'll be slower to lust than someone without a cannon, but I would just like to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Kith, I know you're much more mature than you're acting. Please drop the hacking tid-bit... you really don't have to defend your loss in any way....

Post Sun Oct 15, 2000 8:04 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I was just stating a fact =D.
You don't 2 rax right away, because you won't be able to use your 2nd rax. Just get 1 rax, and a cannon, and then your 2nd rax when you can afford it (which usually is after 5 grunts or so). When yer doing this you might even wanna not bother to get a mill, and just go stronghold an mass ogres until your mine runs dry. Because the whole point of rushing with a cannon is your either A: accepting the fact you suck at rushing and will get outrushed.... or B: both enemies are rushing and your ally is dualing and can't help....(in which case you just need to help your ally and live long enough for your dualer to own them). But in general don't put a cannon up until you know whats going on (ie: your ally says he's dualing, and you KNOW for SURE the other two are rushing). Why have a cannon if neither of them are rushing? What if both one hall power? =/

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Mon Oct 16, 2000 11:58 am 
^Phantom~SoL^

Yeh.. good point... its just that I have "nightmares" about the time when Buzz and I allied and he was like "cannon rush!.. I'm dualing".. and I got my little tushy kicked bad cuz I didn't know how to cannon rush well... but yah. .sounds good. thanks.. does anyone else have a nice cannon rush?

Post Mon Oct 16, 2000 4:34 pm 
Docta

Hey, I'm not very good, but i think that if you cannon rush, only make like, 1 rax, and pump them out, hide the grunts, they hit u, if they dont have cats or axers, let the cannon take care of it, and hit them, it's been done to me a few times, and it works best against like 2/12 if you've been hereding your men in the mid

Post Tue Oct 17, 2000 10:18 pm 
MoRpHiuS

Kith i stated building a cannon after you go fort, because when they do hit you with lust, you can always repair your raxes in a wall in spot, and you should have enough ogres plus your cannon to stop the lust attack. By the time they come back for another attack, you should have lust, and an expansion

Post Wed Oct 18, 2000 11:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

You'd better be able to repair with a lot then. =/

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Wed Oct 18, 2000 1:09 pm 
Havoc

Put cannon in one town, and axe throwers on the other town for a good dual, make raxes inside the one with cannon, and temples in one with cannon. Start with 4 raxes in town, and when you get third town build 34 raxes, you should have him by then.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2000 10:58 pm 
Ranjan

I don't think I ever had a pard with 34 raxes on 3 halls before. Wanna ally sometime Havoc?

Post Mon Oct 23, 2000 11:53 pm 
~Summoner

Havoc, it's much smarter to make 35 raxes you moron.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2000 9:35 am 
Havoc

I was going to say 35, but they seem to die around 30, highest i get is 34 before they die, or i die, hehe BTW im not a Moron buttmunch

Post Tue Oct 24, 2000 11:28 am