FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

people avoid this topic, guess no experianc in 2v1

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kamoko

When your teamate drops, or is killed early, how do you take two people at once? I seem to struggle at that

Post Thu Oct 12, 2000 8:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

People avoid it because it doesn't happen very often, and you won't win unless the players aren't very good.

If your ally gets dropped or whatever, you have to kill one of the enemies asap. Your first hit has to put them out of the game.
If you just keep sending units each way and hold them back, but don't kill them then you will lose.

Post Thu Oct 12, 2000 10:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sypher

i used to take 2v1's vs respectable players (not elite but not newbish... average)

The most effective way I found was first to rush the fuck out of one of the people... im talking all out rush... and preferably if its a non wall spot.... Then the hardest part is gonna be keeping up with the other guy

This is how i usually beat the 2nd guy

When i was hold, i would take like 5 choppers and expand somewhere hidden.. then just get mad ogres and keep em outside his base and try and gang his ogres before he can mass em... then just get lust... and make sure he dont expand...

When i say make sure he dont get alot of ogres.. i mean

take 9-18 ogres outside his base
whenever he has like 4 ogres made, go kill those 4, and back out... keep doing this till u get lust... cause you *WILL* get lust slower...

------------------
Sypher

Post Thu Oct 12, 2000 11:01 pm 
Kith-Kanin

The only problem is.....I'd have about 18 ogres with lust waiting for you when you were done killing my ally, plus I'd probably have 3 expansions to boot. You can't win a 2v1 vs anyone good. Not right from the start. You CAN win if your ally dies in the late game....but then that wasn't a 2v1 was it?

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Thu Oct 12, 2000 11:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sypher

well kith, playing you and pest 2v1 is like asking to get creamed... but im saying playing 2 average players... it can be done...

Post Fri Oct 13, 2000 3:34 pm 
BiZaTcH

sypher, it can be done, but NOT if you are all equal...

Post Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

ALSO, i normally send just enuf ogres to kill the person that is a little behind. if it's your whole army then send it. you HAVE to kill 1 of them right away or ur screwed

------------------
Warcraft Haven -- The ULTIMATE Warcraft Resource: http://wchaven.wcnation.com

Post Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sailor Mini-Moon

I have seen sypher play some 2v1's and he has won . Of course as he stated they were no kith-kanin or Axolotl, but he did it. If it ever comes down to 2v1, your prolly gonna lose around 90-95% of the time if your playing good players.

------------------
hehe, Im a 16 year old male Sailor moon fan and proud of it =). Sailor Mini-Moon(Sailor Chibi-Moon) is my favorite character on the show =). Any info on how to draw Sailor Mini-Moon?? E-mail me about the site link. Ill Love you forever Chibi-Usa =). Wanna talk to me on AIM? my s-name=SAlLORCHlBlMOON(The I's are lower case L's) Im a stubborn average Human player who refuses to play orc and loves the sound of blizzard raining down on those lusted oggies ;)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2000 10:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sypher

Bizatch, i doubt you know these 2 people, but im proud to say that i beat them 2v1..

CaNica, and sav... my ally dropped about 2 min into the game... and I raped em hardcore...

Canica, at the time, was about the same skill level as me, and sav was real good in team games... it just came down to the fact that I took Canica out with my rush... then slowly worked at sav with ogres, and expanding

------------------
Sypher

Post Sun Oct 15, 2000 2:34 am 
MoRpHiuS

the only way you are going to win a 2v1 is if your partner "Damages" or "Slows" his rival so much that it gives you time to take out his pard, then take out the slowed opponent. If someone drops early in the game, it should not even be played it, you should leave or "AV" if the surrender button has popped up. Unless of course your partner was killed legitametly

Post Sun Oct 15, 2000 7:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~Summoner

Sypher you aren't good enough to beat anyone 1v1, let alone 2v1, haha =(

Post Mon Oct 16, 2000 9:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote