FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

When boxing in dual hall, what is best boxin combination?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sureshot

I like to box with a rax, and maybe lumbermill, the rest farms. what is your opinion? do you like cannon towers, or cattys? for defense? limited resource on 2 hall.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:32 pm 
Axolotl

Just remember to not overdo your defense. The cheaper you can get away with, the better (as long as it doesn't kill you).

Try to NOT get defense until you have some peons bringing in some sort of resource flow.
I try to not go anything heavier than 1 cat, 1 cannon tower, and then a guard tower much later (while going keep or so) to defend against a backside tower.

For example.
If I start at 4 on gow, and dual to 5. Both enemies are rushing, then I'll pop a cat in at 4 , and stick a cannon up at 5. Once I get alot of resources coming in, an extra guard tower doesnt hurt me nearly as much as if I had put it up early. So I'll stick it up to guard the backside of 5 if my intuition tells me the o/towers are a coming.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
sureshot

ive tried 1 cat like that before, and they brought 2 cats and footmen, and took my town easily, 2 cats, can easily out-manuver 1 cat right?

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 7:55 pm 
Axolotl

Yes 2 cats will kill one, but your goal is to have ogres by then.

If you do get stuck with 2 cats on you, just back your cat up so it can just barely hit the outside of your wallin. Pick off any units you can before you lose it.

Once you get to keep, you repair your mound and start building ogres immediately. You should already have a peon chopping out. Getting stuck inside your wallin is the last thing you want.

If you got 2 cats yourself you are starting to push the limits of too much defense. You won't have any ogres by thte time the enemy cats get there, and will have to rely on your skills in a 2 on 2 cat war (plus his grunts that'll be hittin gyour wallin).
And whats to stop him from taking out your other base?
You gotta be fast and efficient.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 8:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote