FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

on PoS....

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SaBiQ

on PoS....

I've narrrowed pos 1v1's down to 1-rax-rep-rush and sapping. Which do ya think is better?

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 11:28 pm 
Kith-Kanin

on PoS....

Hehehe Both of you are pretty clueless on pos. Most pos games are "narrowed" down to an eventual 2 rax, level 5 rushing, then ogres, then lust. The only time saps occur is if the guy is 1hall powering or 2halling, which usually sucks. 2hall rushing with 2cannons can sometimes work on pos but it costs lots and 99% of the time you'll get owned. POS=2rax level 5. Only time you don't get 2 rax or get level 5 is if enemies are powering, or you win before you need level 5. =/ Don't bother repairing the rax, there's no need. In a 1v1 you'll have lotsa time before he finds you *usually*.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 3:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
super radish

on PoS....

pos is the ultimate rush map. massive grunts will keep your enemy from expanding, and if you pop a rax near them you can cat their towers easily.

The problem with sapping is its freaking slow. I assume you mean building grunts and then sapping into their base..

A good player will have expanded by the time you have those sappers, or he'll have powered and be into your base before you have those sappers.

You best heavy cat rush should win on pos reliably.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 12:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SaBiQ

on PoS....

nah kith, im very sure of a 1-rax-rep - its been owning (literally) 99% of my last say 25 pos games. Um, by 2 raxes i assume you mean smith,rax1,rax2 (no rep), peon stop. Problem is that it NEEDLESSLY kills your economy. And a 1 rax-rep can make the same amount of grunts as 2 raxes long enough to get your 2nd rax. And the sapp thing was meant as a power to ogres and break in with sapps. Sorry if this doesnt make sense, im on the phone while im writing this.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2000 10:17 pm 
Kith-Kanin

on PoS....

In any type of rush situation, Sabiq, your second barracks won't come until after about 4 or 5 grunts so your economy DOESN'T get killed. As for smith first, I don't bother to do that on pos, because you can make up for it in the fact that you'd have more grunts sitting at home before a smith first rusher would be able to get to you and hit you. I meant, rax, smith....4 or 5 grunts...second rax. Levels. Peon stop on like 14 or 15. Build more peons as your mine is getting ready to blow, and send them to expand and stuff.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Sun Oct 08, 2000 10:02 am 
SaBiQ

on PoS....

Ahhh thnx for the clarification. I thought you meant TH ,f ,bs,f,bb,bb stop @ 10 or so
which ive decidied kinda sux =/

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:23 am