FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

fast dk a 2 haller
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Paper_Boy

fast dk a 2 haller

is it effective to fast mage 9 peons three on lumber 6 gold straight to castle and mage the hell out of a 2 hall and not let him chop out, does this work?

Ive seen this done with catapults not letting them chop out. would your reccomend this if you did a fast peon scout.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 3:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

fast dk a 2 haller

Well, personally I don't think this works. The reason for this is because if you try this, there's nothing to stop the guy from scouting you while you go fort (with a zepplen), and then he just runs you over with ogres instead of going castle. Fast dks only works in 2v2's really, or if you've already hurt him a lot with towers or something. But just going straight (super fast) dks won't win you the game except in rare instances. You need some sort of ogre power or something. I mean with 9 on gold and 6 wood, thats not even gonna be all that fast anyways. He'll have lust shortly after yer first d&d run, and then he'll run you over because you won't be able to afford lots of ogres and lust.
But thats just been from my experiences. Maybe someone has more thoughts on this, but in general don't try it....because if it was good, people would do it more often, and I've never had anyone even come close to beating me with that strat, Paper_boy.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 4:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Jza

fast dk a 2 haller

Kith, Terror 2 halled vs ThIbe. ThIbe fast decayed both his mines and Terror didn't flinch and still killed him. Your right, if the 2 haller is good, they will know what's up soon enough and correct the situation by either getting some troops outside the dual. Or pulling peons effectively while setting up a retaliation. Fact is 2 really good players, 2 haller gonna whoop on a guy who went fort on so few workers. I'd rather go skimp on peons and go fast saps than skimp on peons and go DKs. Of course in a 2v2 or 3v3, you can make cases for fast DKs or lust.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 4:33 pm 
Noss

fast dk a 2 haller

Heh, actually in 2on2's and 3on3's, I'm not even going to assert that there is justification for going sub 20 peons to dk's.. team game implies more enemies.. and if you do some risky strat like that, 3 people will own you faster than 1 would :\ Exotic strategies tend to be alot harder to pull off in team games.. unless it's something like a 3yard on foc/low in a 4on4 .. and even then that isn't all that risky compared to this 12 peon dk rush

---
Noss

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 5:17 pm 
Soth

fast dk a 2 haller

I dunno who thought up this fast dk thing, but they arent very bright =/ by the time those dkers get there your 2 hall will have ammassed so many peons that a few dks wont do a damn bit of difference. even if they did, just patrol right out. You say they might use cats to stop you from choppin out, but if its a 2 hall they can only do that with 1 hall. =/ just my thoughts

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 7:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Jza

fast dk a 2 haller

Noss what you call risky strats sometimes makes all he difference. I've gone fast saps in many games and it really makes a diff. All you gotta do is protect your own ass and make sure your allies are smart enough to take advantage of fast saps, fast DKs, oting someone hard etc. So I stand by my opinion that in team games sometimes trying some shit pays off big.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:02 pm 
BiZaTcH

fast dk a 2 haller

Heh a few things:
FIRST Paper_boy said 9 peons total, 6 on gold, 3 on wood...not 9 on gold, 6 on wood =P

next, i don't think Noss knows what he is talking about

This strategy actually CAN work if you bring like an axer up and keep them from chopping out, all the meanwhile constantly DKing them. Eventually you will completely out-peon them and then ownage occors.

let's think about this: About 10 Peons before Fortress, and the time it takes for one peon to build a mage tower and a mage vs 30 Peons going to fort - would be about 20 if they one halled....so they are going to be way behind

I remember how NUKEM always used to tell me that my Fast Lust strat sucked cuz it got only like 6 ogres. but the thing is it got the next 14 pretty fast after that because eventually i have a pretty good peon flow and CAN afford 3 more raxes.

Also it would be wise to get a walled temple at home to block his Ogres.

and make sure you build ur temple near him and hide it so you get done fast.

Kith is right though, it works better in Team Games.

Now that i've made 20000 paragraphs i'll close it by asking how you know to start off by going straight DKs? I assume u mean no defense but maybe an axe thrower, and that's not gonna do a lot of good against a rush or something. you'll prolly end up making atleast 2 grunts, and that'll make you get atleast 11 peons total.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
SC~Terror

fast dk a 2 haller

You are neglecting a few minor details. There is no way in hell anyone can keep me in my base if I want out. All you have to do is kill one of your own buildings. 1 acher or even a cat or 2 is not gonna keep me walled in. At this point I am still very far ahead, and you are even further behind for making cats archers ect to try and keep me walled in. In addition, if you 2 hall well you will probably have an outside scouting grunt or 2 which can kill a cat when it is not expected. Trying to wall someone in their base is suicidal for the most part. The res it takes could be better spent expanding to other mines and getting your own defense. Best bet in my opinion if you 1 hall vs a 2 hall and do not scout them real fast is to up normally, but get defense and inside dk's if you can wall and expand to many mines with some outside temples to dk their gold. When you have the res to attack, then you can take the offensive at this point and win the game. Regardless it will be an uphill battle to start.

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 2:54 am 
~Summoner

fast dk a 2 haller

cool, its fun to watch the newbies argue over which strat works, oh and id love to see a 9 peon fast dk strat kill a good dualer =(. probably would hardly even slow him.

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 10:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Soth

fast dk a 2 haller

mike I already said that, in as many words :I

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 1:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

fast dk a 2 haller

Its funny listening to people act as if they aren't newbies. =/

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Mon Oct 02, 2000 3:59 pm 
~Summoner

fast dk a 2 haller

kith you act as if you are "the god" of war2 lately. I don't even see you on bnet often. Sure you mighta been great on kali, but, yes, i'll be blunt, you're nothing but an above average player these days. "its funny to watch people act as if they arent newbies" Demeaning other players on an open forum is quite lame. I see you talk down to plenty of players who i consider better than you. Sure you can respond saying you own me, or I suck, I don't really care. I know I can beat you at any time of the day. Thanks

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 9:26 am 
Kith-Kanin

fast dk a 2 haller

Hehehe, yer hilarious Summoner. I don't act like god, I don't really care about war2 anymore. I'm just trying to help people, and every post you put on here is all about how you know everything and what everyone says is just "newbie" shit. If you know you can beat me anytime of the day, then play me. Because quite frankly you are just a below average player and I'd could beat you half awake with my left hand if my life was staked on it. Which its not so I don't care. Thanks

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 10:33 am 
Tarquinn

fast dk a 2 haller

To assume this fast DK strategy works -vs- a 2haller on Gow is ridiculous. Any good dualer on Gow would build their rax such that it would be possible to block it's pop-priority to pop units outside of the wallin if necasary. Using this 1 rax, it would be very easy to amass enough ogres to protect yourself enough to chop out and to protect your peons to mine. Owned.

The 9 peon upgrade strategy was created for the use on Friends.pud. It works, and it works VERY WELL on this map for the sole reason that you can DK BOTH of your opponents very easily; thus allowing your ally to trample them. Another factor in this strategy working on Friends.pud is that the settings are usually set to map default, so you start with a town hall, and get that much more early resources to work with.

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 11:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

fast dk a 2 haller

Well Summoner, in the interest of everyone, how about we do a game report for Axo's page? =( Then we'll see how much you "own" heheh.

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 2:45 pm 
Watje

fast dk a 2 haller

My bet's on kith

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 4:49 pm 
~Summoner

fast dk a 2 haller

Fine, I'll be on this thurday to give you your raping. My bet is that the game report will not be posted when you lose.

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 5:20 pm 
BiZaTcH

fast dk a 2 haller

this is funny ;]

anyways summoner, i think i read 'any time the day'

I have to tell you that this statement is definately false. I have come to the conclusion that Kith-Kanin plays 3.2 times as well as you at 2:38 in the mourning, preferably 26.358 seconds into it. If you doubt me, find out for yourself...

anyways, Summoner has a point. If kith-kanin DOES happen to lose, the match will NOT be posted on the page. But, at the same time, I believe Kith-Kanin is better than Summoner, mainly because his thinking is a bit better....i think u all know what i mean

Post Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
~Summoner

fast dk a 2 haller

sigh, i believe I won the last 15 games I've played you in, which I might add were not even challenging. Take up on your own advice and play EQ from now on, your days as a war2 good player were over years ago. =(

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 12:28 am 
SC~Terror

fast dk a 2 haller

If kith says it will be posted it will. Although I doubt he really cares one way or the other.

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 3:45 am 
~Summoner

fast dk a 2 haller

And as far as I can remember, I'm 500 times better than you bizatch even at 2 in the morning. Funny, you had 50 decent players teach you strats but you're still well below average gw loser.

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 10:30 am 
Kith-Kanin

fast dk a 2 haller

Why wouldn't I post the match if I lost? Its not like I care one way or the other. Summoner's the one acting like he's "all that". So it'll be a good learning experience for anyone who wants to read game reports. I'll probably be on either tonight (Wednesday 11est), or else Thursday night at 11est. Else I won't be on for awhile because I have University Exams and such. I personally hope you "rape me", "beat me down", because no ones done that in about 4 years. I've lost a few but I can't remember the last time I was "raped" so you must have gotten EXTREMELY good if you, out of all those players out there, can "rape me".

------------------
-Kith-Kanin-

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 11:26 am 
~`Nedro@PA

fast dk a 2 haller

This would never work on just about 99% of maps. Any decent player would anticipate and counter. nuff said =]

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 1:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Harsh

fast dk a 2 haller

Hmm....how bout a series and not just one game. I love lil pictures somone do a report with pretty pictures.

------------------
"dot dot dot"

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 8:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Harsh

fast dk a 2 haller

and btw...dont play gow for all 3/5/7 games IF you do a series.

------------------
"dot dot dot"

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 8:25 pm 
Sypher

fast dk a 2 haller

DKs aint that great

------------------
Sypher

[This message has been edited by Sypher (edited 10-04-2000).]

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 8:38 pm 
BiZaTcH

fast dk a 2 haller

summoner let's 1on1 some time, k? last 2 games against me u were 'raped', gw...

summoner might be right tho, he might be able to beat kith even tho every1 chears for kith...kith hasn't played in awhile. i know if kith loses next will be a 'not-gow' game.
kith is an all around better player and summoner is better on gow.

------------------
Warcraft Haven -- The ULTIMATE Warcraft Resource: http://wchaven.wcnation.com

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 8:48 pm 
~Summoner

fast dk a 2 haller

uh excuse me bizatch, i never lost a 1on1 to you on bnet, last 1on1 we played i was extremely rusty, i was 2 you were 9 and i still beat you easily. i dont think you ever even beat me 1on1 now that i think about it. go talk to a wall please

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 9:18 pm 
BiZaTcH

fast dk a 2 haller

umm hey dumbass, that was like 4 games ago - last 1 was a 2on2, me and oddeye owned u and i dont remember who...

the 1 before that was a 1on1, i was 12, and you were 5. you said u moved from 4 and that was ur excuse for being outrushed and outlusted

stop denying everything u idiot

------------------
Warcraft Haven -- The ULTIMATE Warcraft Resource: http://wchaven.wcnation.com

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 9:46 pm 
Axolotl

fast dk a 2 haller

Ok boys, time to start a new thread. This whole list is of replies is as off topic as it gets. Anything below here that doesnt refer to the original question gets erased.

Cute Holly.

[This message has been edited by Axolotl (edited 10-05-2000).]

Post Wed Oct 04, 2000 11:39 pm