we have some records by retards who don't even play in our league anymore

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:44 am 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
we have some records by retards who don't even play in our league anymore

that's still part of our history....

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by TheSilverPoNy
quote:
nah blid is incapable of managing a league. for my own sanity i am taking over.

what are you talking about

the skaven incident for one

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 am 
TheSilverPoNy

im not familiar with that.

I vote going back to the old league.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Jon;

..because of old records some of which are set by guys who aren't playing in our league anymore?

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:55 am 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
cuz retards like you and juggernaut make it not worth playing

anyways blid banned me from his league so i created my own

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:07 pm 
Shotgun_

Cant believe it's so hard to set up a basketball league. IMO we should use the one we used last year, but Jon should be in it..and Turtleman too

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm 
Jon;

if t-man shows up and wants to join i'll give invite

i'm not playing in a league managed by blid

i'm making this league active and i'll replace managers who aren't

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:14 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
if t-man shows up and wants to join i'll give invite

i'm not playing in a league managed by blid

i'm making this league active and i'll replace managers who aren't

Blid was a great commissioner. I had no issues. I'm actually more fearful of you managing the league tbh because you're emotional and will probably make rash decisions Laughing

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:31 pm 
Jon;

i'm not making any decisions unilaterally

.. and no blid wasn't great lol, wtf lol
he was quite apathetic and the reason our leagues were so inactive

of course you had no issues , why would u , u were inactive

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
i'm not making any decisions unilaterally

.. and no blid wasn't great lol, wtf lol
he was quite apathetic and the reason our leagues were so inactive

of course you had no issues , why would u , u were inactive

you realize that since 2010 I've been active every season minus 1/4 of one season last year and that was only because I was working ridiculous hours where I barely had enough time to even sleep and literally had no internet access/cell service for weeks?

and then before 2010 when we ran this fantasy league on SportingNews for however many seasons I was always active?

that's a pretty good track record if I do say so myself especially considering that me, you, and blid are the longest standing members in the league and we've been doing it for what 7-8 years now?

hey, do you remember that time I went undefeated in the regular season? Laughing

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 pm 
Jon;

u weren't active last season

what did u think about the dwight howard for gordon hawward trade anyways?

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:44 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:
cuz retards like you and juggernaut make it not worth playing

anyways blid banned me from his league so i created my own
lol?
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:55 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

I was only inactive for 1/4 the season and I already explained the circumstances.

I don't have an issue with the trade. I don't really think it was that lopsided. Even if it was - just because one side clearly wins doesn't make it veto-able.

In general, in fantasy sports all trades should be allowed unless collusion can be proved or it is just downright ridiculous ex: Kevin Durant for Gordon Hayward.

For example, in my fantasy baseball league Matt Carpenter was traded for David Price and Victor Martinez. Pretty clear winner in that trade by a large margin but that does not mean it is veto-able.

That's pretty much standard across the board for all the fantasy sports leagues that I've been in and I'm in some pretty competitive leagues for decent money.

But again, if you want my opinion on the actual trade itself and not what should/shouldn't be vetoed then like I said I don't think it was very lopsided at all.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm 
Fast Luck

i wouldnt ban you from the league for the same reason i gave skaven a shot in the league: i want to have as many war2 players in it as possible, that's the whole point of it. i'd rather give a shot to someone from this forum and then have it not pan out than pick up some randos from realgm because, if i wanted to play with random people, i would not be playing with you guys to begin with.

quote:

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
i wouldnt ban you from the league for the same reason i gave skaven a shot in the league: i want to have as many war2 players in it as possible, that's the whole point of it. i'd rather give a shot to someone from this forum and then have it not pan out than pick up some randos from realgm because, if i wanted to play with random people, i would not be playing with you guys to begin with.

yeah, Blid clearly wouldn't ban you.... Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm 
Fast Luck

but really my question is, how many of us are there

me phreak jon sg, right now we're only at 4 Sad

quote:

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:10 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

We have 6 signed up right now. Redballz already joined and I invited another guy in who's wanted in

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:12 pm 
Fast Luck

well yeah and they're welcome to play but only 4 war2 players is a disappointing number. has tman disappeared? what about dakine. hmmMMmmMMM

quote:

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:19 pm 
Jon;

quote:
well yeah and they're welcome to play but only 4 war2 players is a disappointing number. has tman disappeared? what about dakine. hmmMMmmMMM

dakine has an invite and can accept it whenever... we aren't going to get 10-12 war2 players ..

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:24 pm 
Jon;

quote:
I was only inactive for 1/4 the season and I already explained the circumstances.

I don't have an issue with the trade. I don't really think it was that lopsided. Even if it was - just because one side clearly wins doesn't make it veto-able.

In general, in fantasy sports all trades should be allowed unless collusion can be proved or it is just downright ridiculous ex: Kevin Durant for Gordon Hayward.

For example, in my fantasy baseball league Matt Carpenter was traded for David Price and Victor Martinez. Pretty clear winner in that trade by a large margin but that does not mean it is veto-able.

That's pretty much standard across the board for all the fantasy sports leagues that I've been in and I'm in some pretty competitive leagues for decent money.

But again, if you want my opinion on the actual trade itself and not what should/shouldn't be vetoed then like I said I don't think it was very lopsided at all.

i think it was a trade that the league should have voted on not an automatic unilateral decision by blid to put it through... then again our league is so retarded and inactive ..

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:26 pm 
Fast Luck

we should invite chayliss, and get tman back

quote:

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:27 pm 
Jon;

other guys that play war2 who watch basketball

greenplastic (not sure how do get in contact with him or if he'd even play anywyas)

foonat (pretends he doesn't have time to play fantasy basketball but plays in fantasy football every year)

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
quote:

i think it was a trade that the league should have voted on not an automatic unilateral decision by blid to put it through... then again our league is so retarded and inactive ..

Normally that's not how vetoing a trade works because anytime there is a marginal winner in a trade it's going to get vetoed. There is nothing wrong with there being a clear winner in a trade unless A) it's ridiculous or B) collusion is proved. In either circumstance, a vote isn't really necessary because it should be obvious and/or proved. The rest should go through. That's the nature of the game.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:31 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:

Dakine join for sure. We still have 40 days to contact people so I'm sure TMAN, and Tarheel will join. That brings us 9 players with 6 of them being war2 players. We only need 1 more or 3 more (for 12). In either case, that will make it either 7 or 9 war2 players which is plenty and still maintains a competitive league.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:33 pm 
Jon;

quote:

that wasn't the whole point. there was small chance to fill out a league with war2 players, we never have done it once or even came close.
many of them are complete failures (summoner, ideal-hero, skaven) etc.. i 'd rather have "randoms" who are active and good than those bums.
btw i don't think we've ever had random realgm posters in our league ? i invited 2 guys from a previous league who were good and i thought would bring more competitiveness to our weak league.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:03 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:

that wasn't the whole point. there was small chance to fill out a league with war2 players, we never have done it once or even came close.
many of them are complete failures (summoner, ideal-hero, skaven) etc.. i 'd rather have "randoms" who are active and good than those bums.
btw i don't think we've ever had random realgm posters in our league ? i invited 2 guys from a previous league who were good and i thought would bring more competitiveness to our weak league.
it is the whole point. my interest in beating strangers at this is zero. summoner was inactive, skaven was inactive, so in all likelihood they won't be invited back again, but im interested in trying to get war2 people in the league because that is the only reason i would play it.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:06 pm 
Jon;

quote:
quote:
quote:

Normally that's not how vetoing a trade works because anytime there is a marginal winner in a trade it's going to get vetoed. There is nothing wrong with there being a clear winner in a trade unless A) it's ridiculous or B) collusion is proved. In either circumstance, a vote isn't really necessary because it should be obvious and/or proved. The rest should go through. That's the nature of the game.

the trade was retarded for both sides anyways... turtleman firstly could have got something much better for dwight, .. he also didn't have a particularly great free throw shooting team even without dwight, i know he had tristian thompson... so why even give him up?
secondly, the guy who got dwight howard already had good FT shooting bigs like marc gasol and didn't fit with his team well at all..

Last edited by Jon; on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 pm 
Jon;

quote:
quote:
quote:

it is the whole point. my interest in beating strangers at this is zero. summoner was inactive, skaven was inactive, so in all likelihood they won't be invited back again, but im interested in trying to get war2 people in the league because that is the only reason i would play it.

yea we get as many war2 players as possible and fill the rest with other guys we know ...
and these guys if they continue playing in our league over several seasons become not so random anymore.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:13 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

the trade was retarded for both sides anyways... turtleman firstly could have got something much better for dwight, .. he also didn't have a particularly great free throw shooting team even without dwight, i know he had tristian thompson... so why even give him up?
secondly, the guy who got dwight howard already had good FT shooting bigs like marc gasol and didn't fit with his team well at all..

That isn't up for you to decide how they manage their teams. As long as they are not colluding together to destroy the integrity of the league or it isn't something outrageous like a #1 overall player for a #300 overall player it has nothing to do with you and you should stay out of it or else you run the risk of looking like a poor sport.

As a team manager, if people were pouting about me mismanaging my own team and were complaining about a trade that I made that I felt was in my own best interest and that didn't fall into either of those two categories I'd be pissed off because it is none of your business. OR if people were pouting because I made a trade that clearly improves my team.

Honestly, I don't think you have the experience of playing in many other competitive fantasy leagues if that you think that is a veto-able trade. And if you do think that should be the case OR you think it should be put to the league for a vote then I have some serious concerns about you being a commissioner.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm