Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

nba yahoo league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Shotgun_

Yes that would be fine with me. Let's do it

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 am 
TheSilverPoNy

Draft date is good with me. I haven't really tried to get in contact with everyone to confirm buy-in for the league to make it a money league. Thinking about this and the fact that not all the players are super active in these forums or don't even belong to these forums - it's going to be too difficult to arrange a money league so let's just forego it this season and play for pride. If there is more interest next year maybe I'll try to get it setup earlier next year.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

lets see how many of you dummies show up

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 pm 
Fast Luck

haha shotgun didnt come and got rewarded with an epic team

im not too confident in my team

quote:

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 pm 
Jon;

what's your opinions on how the draft went and how everyone drafted?

first issue was that half the league didn't show up and i think some guys are in need of banning.

looks like we should have done 10 teams after all..

i have good players on my team but too many bigs doesn't mesh well, i'll need to trade for a PG ...

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:51 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

Ive only really looked at my team, but i got a lot lot of good front court players from the autodraft, but lacked guards, so when i logged in and drafted the last few i moslty got guards.

I will need good assists from my forwards, which is reasonable considering my players

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:17 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
what's your opinions on how the draft went and how everyone drafted?

first issue was that half the league didn't show up and i think some guys are in need of banning.

looks like we should have done 10 teams after all..

i have good players on my team but too many bigs doesn't mesh well, i'll need to trade for a PG ...
let's see
aldridge and blake picks 12 and 13. not sure how well they pair up though. then howard pick 36... you really front-loaded on bigs. thne you took wade, who is obviously very good but still a question mark how much he can play this season, so you had to wait until pick 60 just to get your first reliable PG/SG/SF... but at 60 you took pau gasol. 61 you took parker. well, i think parker is a safe bet. im not sure if he's a better pick than like jeff teague or korver/stephenson/butler though.

then after that, well, joe johnson, ehh... wiggins at 85 is good value but then you took omer asik at 108 and i dont know why you took another big, and also took mozgov at 132! so your non big players rounded out with chalmers, avery bradley, and otto porter.

i dont know, some definite problems in this draft. i think youll have to trade some big guys to make it work. if dwyane wade is taking games off or limited minutes or getting hurt and ineffective, you'll be relaly really in trouble at PG/SG.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:14 pm 
Fast Luck

yeah i dont tihnk dakines team is that good either, some good players he got early esp lebron obviously but millsap and horford are good. however he is incredibly weak at pg

quote:

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:18 pm 
Fast Luck

looking at my own team, durant is just so good when he's on the court that i think that was a good pick, and jefferson was a good follow-up. kinda feels like i took derozan rather too early, then i got rubio, which puts me at least well-balanced unlike you guys, with a PG, SG/SF, SF/PF, and PF/C as my first 5 picks. rubio brings assists and steals while a lot of the other guys are high points and other counting stats and can cover for his lack of scoring.

oladipo could be a good pick but i may have brushed off his face injury too easily. however he wouldnt have dropped because an autodraft team would have taken him so i dont know. probably a mistake. larry sanders was a great fit at 62 because my team is weak on blocks and he could single-handedly make me competitive. but between oladipo and larry sanders theres a lot of unknown right there.

esp with durant being injured to start the year i might open up struggling.

but i think my 7, 8, 9, and 10 picks were quite solid. patrick beverley will fill a lot of categories and has two position eligibility, sullinger could be a big steal, and gallinari in the 10th is not a reach at all and he could bounce back and be good value. caldwell-pope and marcus smart are question marks, but i like pope for sure, and javale in the last round is just a high reward low risk shot in the dark. i dunno.

i was down on this team more at first, liking it a bit more now

quote:

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:27 pm 
Jon;

i drafted a lot of bigs but none of them are bad and hold value.

i was going to draft Burke but that fucking retard juggernaut decided he's going to draft for once instead of letting the countdown go to 0 and pick whoever is at top of the list and took him instead ... i'm not sure if u would have drafted him or would you have still went with Sullinger had Burke still been on your queue?
anyways i felt Asik fit in well with my strategy of punting FTs...

after last season there wasn't a chance i was drafting Teague again, not sure how well Stephenson is going to play on the Bobcats , he'll probably do ok but there's no bitch Hibbert for him to grab a bunch of rebounds off of.... Walker also demands the ball much more than George Hill.. so i can see his stats going down a bit.. Korver's just a guy who makes 3s on decent percentages, i already drafted Joe Johnson...

the thing about Dwayne Wade is, there is no more taking off games for rest... they simply can't afford to do that anymore, LeBron isn't there to carry them.. so as long as he's capable of playing, he will be.. think about it, if Wade plays 50 game again this season with no LeBron how many games are they going to win? not too many at all...the situation is now, Wade HAS to play for the Heat to have a successful season.. of course he's always an injury risk but i took that risk knowingly.

No doubt though I wasn't drafting very seriously this year but I think I can still do some damage..

Your team has just as many issues if not more, outside of Rubio you don't have any assists..your blocks, 3s, fg% don't look very good.. Your only rebounders are AL Jefferson, Jared Sullinger and Sanders for however long he stays healthy... Durant can get some boards but won't play for awhile...
Your best category is FT% with Durant and DeRozan...speaking of those 2, outside of those guys I don't see a whole lot of scoring for your team either... Al Jeff can score , but I don't see Affalo scoring 18ppg this season with the crowded Nuggets team he's on now and Gallinari back healthy..

Last edited by Jon; on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 6 times in total

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 pm 
Jon;

by the way if I had got the first pick in this draft I was going to draft Stephen Curry with it...
Cool

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:

Your team has just as many issues if not more, outside of Rubio you don't have any assists..

rubio 9apg
durant 5.5
derozan 4
oladipo 4
and those guys i can play all in the same day

quote:

your blocks,
blocks, well, sanders averaged like 3 a game a couple years ago so if he comes through ill be ok. jefferson blocks some shots and mcgee might never get healthy but if he does there's the blocks

quote:

3s, fg%
should be ok.

quote:
Your only rebounders are AL Jefferson, Jared Sullinger and Sanders for however long he stays healthy... Durant can get some boards but won't play for awhile...

if sullinger and jefferson both average double digit rebounds is that not good?

quote:
Your best category is FT% with Durant and DeRozan...speaking of those 2, outside of those guys I don't see a whole lot of scoring for your team either... Al Jeff can score , but I don't see Affalo scoring 18ppg this season with the crowded Nuggets team he's on now and Gallinari back healthy..
outside of a guy scoring 30+ ppg and another guy scoring 25ppg (big albus) and another guy scoring 23ppg (derozan) ... wait that seems like a pretty good start that should put me in good shape at points?!

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:22 pm 
Jon;

quote:

rubio 9apg
durant 5.5
derozan 4
oladipo 4
and those guys i can play all in the same day

bad, didn't Durant handle the ball more with Westbrook missing a bunch of games last season and that's why he had 5.5 assists? also 4 assists isn't good for guards so not sure why u brought those guys up..
Blake averaged 3.9 last season and Gasol, 3.4...

quote:
blocks, well, sanders averaged like 3 a game a couple years ago so if he comes through ill be ok. jefferson blocks some shots and mcgee might never get healthy but if he does there's the blocks

so garbage like i said.... relying on the biggest head cases like sanders and mcgee for anything is a bad sign..

quote:

3s, fg% ...should be ok.

3s might not be terrible, i can't see your fg% being too good though.. Rubio??? u got a big in Sullinger that shot less than 43% last season ..
you'll be below average in that category.. unless a bunch of guys make dramatic improvements.. as a Raptor fan i'm hoping for huge improvements to DeRozan's FG% anyways..

quote:

if sullinger and jefferson both average double digit rebounds is that not good?

you'll need more than just two players... assuming a healthy team you got an average rebounding team at best..

quote:
outside of a guy scoring 30+ ppg and another guy scoring 25ppg (big albus) and another guy scoring 23ppg (derozan) ... wait that seems like a pretty good start that should put me in good shape at points?!

again you think a few players will carry a category.. too bad you have a bunch of low scorers piled with them...

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 pm 
Shotgun_

Sorry guys. I hurt my back 2 days ago, been on valium and have pretty much slept for the past 2 days.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:12 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
Ive only really looked at my team, but i got a lot lot of good front court players from the autodraft, but lacked guards, so when i logged in and drafted the last few i moslty got guards.

I will need good assists from my forwards, which is reasonable considering my players

willing to trade George Hill or Alec Burks?

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:14 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Sorry guys. I hurt my back 2 days ago, been on valium and have pretty much slept for the past 2 days.

looks like your team isn't bad considering it was autodrafted, your luck still hasn't run out...
season doesn't start until oct 28 when u need to set yer lineup..

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 pm 
Shotgun_

My team looks pretty newb. Doesn't matter though I will dominate you all still.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:56 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

why even both analyzing any other teams? mine is the best,

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~Dakine..HeX

quote:

willing to trade George Hill or Alec Burks?

yes im willing to trade anyone if its a good deal. i probably like burks more than you do though, so you'll have to offer someone that you probably consider better than alec burks to get him

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:25 am 
Jon;

who do you want for george hill?

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:54 am 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by TheSilverPoNy

i like the combination of Melo and Dirk... I don't understand why Dirk keeps falling in drafts, he's criminally underrated.. he's a first rounder ffs.

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:23 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
My team looks pretty newb. Doesn't matter though I will dominate you all still.
idiot, your team is amazing

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:48 am 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheSilverPoNy

i like the combination of Melo and Dirk... I don't understand why Dirk keeps falling in drafts, he's criminally underrated.. he's a first rounder ffs.

Plus a decent combination of PGs with Lawson, Teague, holiday

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:03 pm 
Jon;

Lawson and Pekovic are injury risks. Jrue Holiday may also be an injury risk.
besides that you clear weaknesses are TOs and blocks.. everything else may be average or above average.... some of your late picks like Brewer and Bellnelli are worthless.. not sure Carroll is any good either..

I think my team has the potential to be dominating if i can fix up some weaknesses like 3s and assists.

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:10 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

quote:
Lawson and Pekovic are injury risks. Jrue Holiday may also be an injury risk.
besides that you clear weaknesses are TOs and blocks.. everything else may be average or above average.... some of your late picks like Brewer and Bellnelli are worthless.. not sure Carroll is any good either..

I think my team has the potential to be dominating if i can fix up some weaknesses like 3s and assists.

lol - well yeah bud, I was clearly punting blocks.....

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:38 pm 
Jon;

if Durant had fell to me at 12 my whole strategy would have changed and I would have drafted for real and the domination I would have set upon the league would have been epic proportions never seen in fantasy history.

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 am 
~Dakine..HeX

Hmmm i dont want any of your guards, and im good on frontcourt players for now

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:33 pm 
Shotgun_

PREPARE YOUR BUTTHOLES NEWBS

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 am 
turtleman@can

shit
did I get bargnani

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:52 pm 
turtleman@can