FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Divinity: Original Sin
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Divinity: Original Sin

So I saw this game came out as the full version on steam recently and I picked it up. It's amazing.

I would rank it up there with BG:2. It doesn't hold your hand, you have so many different spells/combos you can use, real traps, a decent story, amazing graphics, and awesome character progression.

It took me about an hour to get into it, but it's reallllly good. If you like iso RPG's ala Baldur's style, then this is one for you.

Btw, just about finished Chronosphere for the first time. It's pretty good and I can see why a lot of people say it's one of the best RPG's ever.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

its really good op. they really need to patch the inventory and crafting systems though

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
its really good op. they really need to patch the inventory and crafting systems though

Yes I do agree with that. The inventory system is very frustrating as the sorting options are limited, and I haven't even gotten into crafting and I'm level 8. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

i made a ranger and a cleric so i want to get into crafting to make the arrows but i kinda wish i had made a mage. i'm trying to hybrid the ranger a little with some points in witchcraft but i'm probably not going to get up my int until late. i thought about starting over but i figured i'd rather just play it out, its pretty tough so far but in a good way. i'm only about level 5 in the first map, had it a couple weeks but been too busy to really sink my teeth in

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:48 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
i made a ranger and a cleric so i want to get into crafting to make the arrows but i kinda wish i had made a mage. i'm trying to hybrid the ranger a little with some points in witchcraft but i'm probably not going to get up my int until late. i thought about starting over but i figured i'd rather just play it out, its pretty tough so far but in a good way. i'm only about level 5 in the first map, had it a couple weeks but been too busy to really sink my teeth in

I did a Mage and a Rogue. I'll admit for the first 3-5 levels I found it very difficult. My mage spells were weak and my rogue needed positioning to be a monster which made it hard because he would get targeted down quick.

Now at level 8, I've picked up a whole slew of mage spells and my rogue is devastating. He gets about 5 attacks per round so if you could him in a good backstab position he usually kills someone right away.

I'm still in the first map area, but I'm nearing the end of it. I have probably another 2-3 hours and then I'm on to the next area.

It's a really great game and if this is the type of polish that we'll see on Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Tides of Numeria then I'm really excited for the future of RPG's.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah i thought rogues were going to be crappy for some reason but they sound like they're exactly what i like out of rogues in this kind of game. i might have to replay with a different party, i love backstabs

i'm really fucking hype for pillars of eternity, everything i've read and seen of it makes it look like my dream game. excited for wasteland and torment as well but pillars is looking unbelievable

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:29 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
yeah i thought rogues were going to be crappy for some reason but they sound like they're exactly what i like out of rogues in this kind of game. i might have to replay with a different party, i love backstabs

i'm really fucking hype for pillars of eternity, everything i've read and seen of it makes it look like my dream game. excited for wasteland and torment as well but pillars is looking unbelievable

They did a hotfix and you can now sort by Type. Inventory problems are basically gone.

I finished the first "area". If I had to guess I got 10-13 hours out of it, if not more. There's some really cool shit in this game. I was out walking around and came across a mound (need perception 9 to find it), which had a book about the last "Weresheep" and apparently it can be found in the land of Faery. So, walked in another part of the map and randomly clicked on a well and it started talking to me and then teleported me to the land of Faery. Apparently it's a level 8/14 quest, but it was hilarious to come across.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 pm 
BanMe

quote:

I think I read somewhere that level up points are few and far between in that game, so you might not get as much chance to hybrid as you think. Just read it tho don't know much else

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:05 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
They did a hotfix and you can now sort by Type. Inventory problems are basically gone.

how new is this? there were little type tabs while i played but thats all, did they improve it? last i played was sunday

quote:
I finished the first "area". If I had to guess I got 10-13 hours out of it, if not more. There's some really cool shit in this game. I was out walking around and came across a mound (need perception 9 to find it), which had a book about the last "Weresheep" and apparently it can be found in the land of Faery. So, walked in another part of the map and randomly clicked on a well and it started talking to me and then teleported me to the land of Faery. Apparently it's a level 8/14 quest, but it was hilarious to come across.

yeah this kind of shit is what i love about this game, you dont get that in rpg's anymore. i also like the lack of quest markers and arrows for the most part, i like having to look at my journal and read all the clues and figure out what to do. this was particularly cool in the murder mystery quest

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
I think I read somewhere that level up points are few and far between in that game, so you might not get as much chance to hybrid as you think. Just read it tho don't know much else

what i read is its doable but easier late. so i wasted a stat point in int early and an ability point in witchcraft when i probably should have used them later after i beefed up the ranger skills. though i can cast low level witchcraft spells pretty reliably with my ranger now, which include some really good buffs, so its not a total wash

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 am 
Kith-Kanin

IGN gave it a 9.0.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/15/divinity-original-sin-review

This is one time I agree and maybe would have said 9.5.

I had some good fun with it last night.

Hassan if you've got this one steam we should start a co-op game :O

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:26 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
quote:

New as in they patched it Tuesday I believe. I played it Monday night for about an hour, then came back Tuesday night and you had the ability to sort by item type. Instantly made the inventory 1000x better.

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:40 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i may be up for some co-op this weekend but i don't want to blow the whole game for myself, how far along are you? hows it work? don't you just drop into someone's game and control the other character?

quote:

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:26 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

that reminds me that i like the thing where your other party member will argue with you in concept, but the rock paper scissors thing seems so rigged and busted in favor of the ai it gets really annoying. obviously made for two humans and i'm sure its better that way but they could have implemented that better in the single player imo

quote:

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

dumb question, how the fuck do you split up multiple items to spread out among your party? like my main has a ton of health pots but i cant figure out how to divide them instead of always moving them around in one stack. surely this must be some way to do this? why the fuck is it so unintuitive ugh

quote:

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:55 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
dumb question, how the fuck do you split up multiple items to spread out among your party? like my main has a ton of health pots but i cant figure out how to divide them instead of always moving them around in one stack. surely this must be some way to do this? why the fuck is it so unintuitive ugh

it actually tells you how to do it on the loading screen tips, that's how I figured it out.

Anyways, hold shift, click on the potions, then drag them to an open inventory slot and it will give you the option to split it.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:40 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

oh i never noticed on the loading screen. thanks again

quote:

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:09 pm 
Fast Luck

Kith can you change smurf_king's avatar, thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:33 pm 
audre lorde

quote:

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:27 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i marathoned this over the weekend and went from around level 5 to level 9 and mostly clearing cyseal, including killing bracchus rex (sick boss fight). game is really ownage once you start rolling and get a lot of abilities and loot

quote:

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:58 am 
smurf_king

quote:

i was about to do that myself you..

but now im stripped off of putting any avatar cmon

put back my hypnotoad

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:24 pm 
Fast Luck

TY FOR PM KITH

quote:
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:55 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I'm 50 hours in, level 15, and still a ways from the end I'm sure. I do think I'm getting close though, but I wouldn't doubt if I get another 20 hours out of it. This game is just amazing. I'm actually putting it in my top 10 RPG's ever.

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:27 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

since i guess this is the rpg thread has anyone played the enhanced baldurs gate games? i started playing 2 this weekend its pretty slick, the UI scaling to modern resolutions owns. most of the old mods work too (not ascension though ;_; )

not sure about the new content yet, i got the new evil thief lady and her quest wasn't too bad but i just went to do the second part of it and it has me fighting mind flayers in chapter 2. maybe come back to that one. i like that there's a wild mage npc but her dialogue and voice are really annoying

also these games are really easy to play multiplayer with, anyone can join a game really easily compared to the old ones. pirated games work too apparently, i bought mine on steam but my friend with a pirated version could join my game when we tried it

i made a cleric/ranger and lol what an OP class

quote:

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:15 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
since i guess this is the rpg thread has anyone played the enhanced baldurs gate games? i started playing 2 this weekend its pretty slick, the UI scaling to modern resolutions owns. most of the old mods work too (not ascension though ;_; )

not sure about the new content yet, i got the new evil thief lady and her quest wasn't too bad but i just went to do the second part of it and it has me fighting mind flayers in chapter 2. maybe come back to that one. i like that there's a wild mage npc but her dialogue and voice are really annoying

also these games are really easy to play multiplayer with, anyone can join a game really easily compared to the old ones. pirated games work too apparently, i bought mine on steam but my friend with a pirated version could join my game when we tried it

I've played BG2 fully, plus expansions, about three times. I just don't have time to go through it all again with the number of other games that I would like to spend my attention on. Pillars, Numenera, Wasteland 2, Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, etc...

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:02 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

ya i've played it like 3 full times and 2-3 half playthroughs but im trying to get hype for pillars. also there's still new builds i want to try and the EE has new content

i never beat 1 and could never imagine replaying it if i had though, low level d&d is some tedious shit

quote:

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:25 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
ya i've played it like 3 full times and 2-3 half playthroughs but im trying to get hype for pillars. also there's still new builds i want to try and the EE has new content

i never beat 1 and could never imagine replaying it if i had though, low level d&d is some tedious shit

I played Baldurs 1 right through until the dungeon before the last boss. It got insanely hard so I used a cheat to invincible my dude and run in and finish it off.

I've just about finished ChronoTrigger. On the last 'ship' part.

I'm probably going to get Wasteland 2 whenever they actually release it. I might also do another play through of Divinity but we'll see how time constraints are.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:06 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah im looking forward to wasteland 2 as well. i'd be in on that (or the pillars of eternity beta that just started) but the thought of playing a good rpg and getting 1/4 of the way through and having to start over makes me want to die

quote:

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 pm 
Aerasal

quote:

I've never played bg or any of the older rpgs similar to it, but how do they compare to dragon age? I think I may have heard someone call dragon age the spiritual successor to bg.

I just recently played through da1 and 2 again to prepare for the third one and I'm really wanting more games like them. I wish more developers were making games just like dragon age.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:06 pm 
smurf_king

quote:
quote:

I played Baldurs 1 right through until the dungeon before the last boss. It got insanely hard so I used a cheat to invincible my dude and run in and finish it off.

I'm probably going to get Wasteland 2 whenever they actually release it. I might also do another play through of Divinity but we'll see how time constraints are.

I dont play videogames anymore, but when i did, played thousands of them, and not even once i enabled a cheat, thats so lame, pathetic, takes away purpose of playing it. I could have maybe counted exceptions like the darksun2 rpg game from 93 game was so full of bugs it wasnt possible to progress any further and there wasnt a internet page with a fix to download

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:26 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
quote:
quote:

I dont play videogames anymore, but when i did, played thousands of them, and not even once i enabled a cheat, thats so lame, pathetic, takes away purpose of playing it. I could have maybe counted exceptions like the darksun2 rpg game from 93 game was so full of bugs it wasnt possible to progress any further and there wasnt a internet page with a fix to download

LoL, eat my dick.

I was done with Baldur's Gate. It was either getting shelved or I was going to use a level hack and get to the end which I knew was within 15-20 minutes. The last dungeon was beating the piss out of me. I'd do it again if needed.

Besides, walkthrough's and google could be considered cheating compared to what we had back then.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:37 pm