FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

SATA 6Gb/s transfer rate

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
stoned@chayliss

SATA 6Gb/s transfer rate

i dont think im getting the fast rate i should....im not finding much help on searches.

i get the worst score on my SATA 6Gb/s data transfer rate

how do i improve this.

ps im back into warez.

my pc was taking to long to burn my first dvd attempt (i have 2 dual layer burners never burned 1 disc untill yesterday) ez and menu is cool works in dvd player ect.. converted avi still good quality and sound for How to train your dragon 2(theaters not stores yet i think))

so to the ps.

i checked out my rig and i had everything set to stock so im cleaning up windows and oc'ing.

running stable oc now with hardly any temp rise no voltage issues. if i can clean up this sata transfer rate i will move on to oc'ing beyond current success. and the dvd did burn a fuck of a lot quicker after the oc.

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss. Hat tip to you
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

im hanging on the welcome screen after login. but the start try loads much faster.

to lazy to goto tomshardware and forum there

ive gained 700mhz
i think i have my ram which i think are 1333s clocked to 1666 but the tweaking of the cas and shit....sigh when i clean the system and rearang ill look at what the corsairs have to say on them.
when i increase voltages i take it 2 notches from when it turns red.
i have my hyperlink at 1000 i tried to double it and the system ran like poop

stable and hardly any extra heat

gonna run another tests and see what it says

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
quote:
quote:

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
kublikhan

Make sure you are using the manufacturer's drivers for your motherboard. Microsoft drivers will give you poor performance.

Also, is this a SSD or traditional HDD? Traditional HDDs are not capable of spinning fast enough to saturate the old 3 GB/s limit, let alone the new 6 GB/s. So unless the HD is SSD or you are copying something that is already in the drive's cache, don't expect to hit 6 GB/s.

quote:
Originally posted by article
Hard drives can be SATA 3 "compatible", but not SATA 3 "capable".
A hard drive cannot spin fast enough to achieve SATA 3 speeds.

SATA 3 (6Gb/s) speeds are from 301MB/s to 600MB/s.
SATA 2 (3Gb/s) speeds are from 151MB/s to 300MB/s.
SATA 1 (1.5Gb/s) speeds are from 1MB/s to 150MB/s.

The data transfer rate of the 2TB WD Black is 138MB/s.
The data transfer rate of the 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 is 125MB/s.

One of the fastest consumer-level hard drives is the Seagate Barracuda and its data transfer rate is 210MB/s.

Hard drives manufacturers that advertise SATA 3 (6Gb/s) do so for marketing purposes.

Having a SATA III HD doesn't do beans for disk transfers as the spinning platters can't come close to exceeding SATA II speeds. However, with a big fat 64 MB cache, transfers from the cache (Solid State) to the system would be able to take advantage of SATA III.

In the real world, you wont see much difference say when accessing a 3 GB file from the SATA III HD or SATA II HD ..... but in real world usage where frequently used data is in the cache, yes, there will be noticeable performance differences.

Sata 6Gb/s HDD at sata 3Gb/s speeds

Also, make sure the drives are in DMA mode. DMA mode will give you dramatically faster transfer rates than PIO mode.

How to enable DMA in Windows 7

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:03 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
Make sure you are using the manufacturer's drivers for your motherboard. Microsoft drivers will give you poor performance.

Also, is this a SSD or traditional HDD? Traditional HDDs are not capable of spinning fast enough to saturate the old 3 GB/s limit, let alone the new 6 GB/s. So unless the HD is SSD or you are copying something that is already in the drive's cache, don't expect to hit 6 GB/s.

quote:
Originally posted by article
Hard drives can be SATA 3 "compatible", but not SATA 3 "capable".
A hard drive cannot spin fast enough to achieve SATA 3 speeds.

SATA 3 (6Gb/s) speeds are from 301MB/s to 600MB/s.
SATA 2 (3Gb/s) speeds are from 151MB/s to 300MB/s.
SATA 1 (1.5Gb/s) speeds are from 1MB/s to 150MB/s.

The data transfer rate of the 2TB WD Black is 138MB/s.
The data transfer rate of the 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 is 125MB/s.

One of the fastest consumer-level hard drives is the Seagate Barracuda and its data transfer rate is 210MB/s.

Hard drives manufacturers that advertise SATA 3 (6Gb/s) do so for marketing purposes.

Having a SATA III HD doesn't do beans for disk transfers as the spinning platters can't come close to exceeding SATA II speeds. However, with a big fat 64 MB cache, transfers from the cache (Solid State) to the system would be able to take advantage of SATA III.

In the real world, you wont see much difference say when accessing a 3 GB file from the SATA III HD or SATA II HD ..... but in real world usage where frequently used data is in the cache, yes, there will be noticeable performance differences.

Sata 6Gb/s HDD at sata 3Gb/s speeds

Also, make sure the drives are in DMA mode. DMA mode will give you dramatically faster transfer rates than PIO mode.

How to enable DMA in Windows 7

ah yes i dont think the internal sata hdd was ssd. but the external 3.0 usb might be? yea i might want to check the mobo driver maybe windows updated it for me Rolling Eyes

i know i looked for big cache.

Also, make sure the drives are in DMA mode. DMA mode will give you dramatically faster transfer rates than PIO mode. ill look for that
EDIT: it was in dma mode.

i have a list of other things to look up too.

anytime i tried to unlock thelocked cores....the cores are locked for a reason on this chip.

i jotted down

pci latency timer
32 - 64 - 128 ect.. dunno what to put

c1e support
sum support

i tooled around a bit and i got some of the windows hang to go away.
quote:
quote:

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:07 pm