FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Hyper Inflation
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SarX

Hyper Inflation

What are your thoughts on this? I recall most of the comments from the last thread and those that firmly believe it's not a possibility but I am curious if anyone has changed their opinion on this since we are in QE infinity.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 am 
smurf_king

i dunno

perhaps we need the professional intake of our forum experts, hassan and 667.

they both seem very knowledgeable

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

smurf king the pedophile says we can avoid it by switching to bitcoin, which never goes down in value ever

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 pm 
smurf_king

no need to forward message between threads, he's read it and has reached his own conclusions already... try to apply for a job instead and be of some use in your life

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:08 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

why would i get a job when i can invest a small amount of money into bitcoins which will grow in value exponentially forever? think before you post

quote:

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:14 pm 
smurf_king

theres a wide gap between thinking and planning and actually going for it.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:15 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i just invested $50 in bitcoin, according to smurf king this grows in value exponentially and never goes down so im pretty much set for life. kinda strange no one else does this

quote:

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm 
SarX

You don't believe that printing fiat currency forever won't debase the currency to the point it causes hyper inflation? There's no real reason for the government to ever stop because of the impact it will have. It appears to have had an impact on some important metrics already.

hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by SarX
You don't believe that printing fiat currency forever won't debase the currency to the point it causes hyper inflation? There's no real reason for the government to ever stop because of the impact it will have. It appears to have had an impact on some important metrics already.

You do not know what you are talking about.

smurf_king

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
i just invested $50 in bitcoin, according to smurf king this grows in value exponentially and never goes down so im pretty much set for life. kinda strange no one else does this

no offense but how do you manage to rely solely on a $50 usd investment? that doesn't even cover up the internet bill

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

Fiat currency is bad because its the government just arbitrarily deciding the value of the currency, wtf that's crazy! That's why the solution is to tie the value of currency to gold, a mineral with no real use or purpose besides being shiny.

quote:

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
quote:

no offense but how do you manage to rely solely on a $50 usd investment? that doesn't even cover up the internet bill

I didn't include expenses like my internet connection or my PC, I am talking solely about the amount of money converted into Bitcoin. Think before you post.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 pm 
kublikhan

QE was implemented to counter the effects of credit destruction that is occuring. Credit destruction is deflationary. Look at M3 and M4 money supply. They crashed after 2008 and even though they have risen since then we still have not hit 2008 levels yet, let alone hit the trajectory of steady growth in the money supply we were on pre 2008. Doesn't look like hyperinflation is something we need to be worrying about anytime soon.

quote:
Originally posted by article
Here are the broadest measures of the US money supply, M3 and M4 as estimated by the Center for Fiscal Stability:

With the total money supply still at an absolute level lower than its 2008 peak, it is obvious that the Federal Reserve in tripling the monetary base - an expansion by what is in comparison to other components of M4 a relatively small amount - has been battling staggering deflationary forces. And with the money supply still lower than the 2008 peak and far-below its pre-2008 trend, the Fed is arguably struggling in this battle.

Those who have pointed to massively inflationary forces in the American economy based on a tripling of the monetary base, or even expansion of M2 clearly do not understand that the Fed does not control the money supply. It controls the monetary base, which influences the money supply but the big money in the US economy is created endogenously through credit-creation by traditional banks and shadow banks. The Fed can lead the horse to water by expanding the monetary base, but in such depressionary economic conditions it cannot make the horse drink.

What it also implies is that hyperinflation (and even high inflation) remains the remotest of remote possibilities in the short and medium terms. The overwhelming trend remains deflationary following the bursting of the shadow intermediation bubble in 2008, and to offset this powerful deflationary trend the Fed is highly likely to have to continue to prime the monetary pump Abenomics-style into the foreseeable future.
Even After All The QE, The Money Supply Is Still Shrunken

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:25 pm 
smurf_king

[quote="hassan-i-sabbah"]

quote:
quote:

point of investing is obtaining a profit. $50 investment profit doesn't make up to anyone's life 'modus operandi' as you imply . it just doesn't add up. just sayin.

i repeat, apply for a job and be of some use isntead of replying nonsense

besides, i doubt you have $50 in bitcoins, its just a made-up answer as all of your 64k posts. but prove me wrong, i'll give you a chance to improve your economy.

send me $1 usd to this hash 1HWsCm9uWpar5Bhd8z4RpUBjqQApRbBKxu

if you send it in the next 5 mins i'll send you back $25. i am a man of my word.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm 
TYRYTY

looks like investing in bitcoins is better solution than removing profi icon

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
point of investing is obtaining a profit. $50 investment profit doesn't make up to anyone's life 'modus operandi' as you imply . it just doesn't add up. just sayin.

besides, i doubt you have $50 in bitcoins, its just a made-up answer as all of your 64k posts. but prove me wrong, i'll give you a chance to improve your economy.

if you send it in the next 5 mins i'll send you back $25. i am a man of my word.

rofl

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 pm 
smurf_king

quote:
quote:

rofl

yeah broken record hassan new aka... you've literally replied 'rofl' 10 times in the last 30mins in this forum.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:41 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
quote:

rofl

yeah broken record hassan new aka... you've literally replied 'rofl' 10 times in the last 30mins in this forum.

Rofl.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:42 pm 
SarX

quote:
quote:

You do not know what you are talking about.

Considering that I'm posting mostly from articles you're right to some degree, however this information is coming from economic professors and chief global strategists. Your lol's and lmao's are pretty good, but they lack substance.

hassan-i-sabbah

quote:

smurf_king

denial connotes assent
Cool

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
SarX

Thanks for the reply Kub. Could you take a look at this link and let me know what you think?

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/money-supply-charts

hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Considering that I'm posting mostly from articles you're right to some degree, however this information is coming from economic professors and chief global strategists. Your lol's and lmao's are pretty good, but they lack substance.

"you're right, i have no clue what i'm talking about, i just believe whatever the last article i read says, but you shouldnt laugh at me because..."

hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Thanks for the reply Kub. Could you take a look at this link and let me know what you think?

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/money-supply-charts

Shadow Government Statistics
Analysis Behind and Beyond Government Economic Reporting

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:44 pm 
SarX

quote:
quote:

"you're right, i have no clue what i'm talking about, i just believe whatever the last article i read says, but you shouldnt laugh at me because..."

I should just believe whatever you say because you're obviously more informed and hold a degree in what exactly?

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:49 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
quote:

I should just believe whatever you say because you're obviously more informed and hold a degree in what exactly?

i haven't really offered you any clear advice on this question except "maybe you shouldn't believe whatever random conspiracy theory blog you're reading." if you wish to discard that advice because you don't think i'm qualified to give it go ahead

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:56 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

but yeah good point, everyone with an economics degree (lol) agrees bitcoin owns and therefore theres nothing wrong with it

quote:

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 pm 
-667-

quote:
i dunno

perhaps we need the professional intake of our forum experts, hassan and 667.

they both seem very knowledgeable

Personally, I plan on making the smart and safe investment:

I will convert all my money into virtual shitcoins. Well almost all of it, I think I will buy some silver and gold because Ron Paul said so.

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:40 pm 
foonat

I actually quit my job today because I was able to purchase enough Bitcoins that, after they appreciate 10000000 percent in the next week, I will be able to retire. Thank you, Ron Paul. Thank you, Smurf King.

quote:

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:43 pm