FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

free tips for newbiez.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
RipE1

free tips for newbiez.

do not move from 6. if u have to move, move s5 or mid. better suprise moment. movin from 6 to s9 is most definitely waste. dont do it ever. not in a 1v1, not in team games.

do not pick one strat in the beginning and stick to it. look at the map, look at the opponent/s what they do and adapt to it. almost in every situation u can change ur plan. u can cancel ur dual -> move peons. if u r walled in u can pick 100 diff strats. u dont have to do that ogre rush or lust what u planned. u can fucking change the plan.

if u notice ur way behind. change radically ur strat. go all in. do whatever, saps, mass grunts with 5 raxes, peon rush, all in towers, whatever, u have practically lost the game, now u can do anything.. no matter what. in that point it iz the only way to win.

just a few tips what came in my mind today while watchin nubz. and im mega drunkz0red.

gg lawl :]]

http://sieni.us/?id=21

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
RipE1

use p scout. not just early game, in mid game too.

the more u know what opp is doing , the easier it iz to rape him.
u dont lose time with p scouts if u rep raxes smiths etc. reppin iz always good.
rep ur buildings more.

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

biggest mistake i see newbs making is failing on farm/peon production.

PEONS: 1 peon after another.. non stop without interruption until stronghold (stronghold typically ~21-23 peons with a rush strategy.)

FARMS: peon that builds town hall obviously builds farm.. but the first peon you make at your town hall makes 2nd farm, then continues making farms one after the other until you reach 33 or 37 farm space for a typical rush. then you go strong hold,

after you start your upgrade for stronghold, continue building farms again.

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
mmmmmmmmmmmm
lol
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:41 am 
7VlesSiah

I move from 6. 6 is not fun to play.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 pm 
Swift

lots of bad tips here

21 peons max when rushing before hold (very few exceptions to this), typically 17-21 range is the best.

also going s5 from 6 is very bad against decent players in 1s, and it's pretty bad in 2s as well

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:54 pm 
RipE1

well. i dont move from 6 ever if im playing seriously. only for fun or team games for sick strats.
movin to s9 from 6 iz just too slow and any decent player takes s9 down pretty much every time. 6 is bad but it isnt as bad as s5/s9. and 4 iz actually a go0d sp0t. ppl r just dumb.

these peon/farm counts just show how stupid u r. it iz always up to what iz the situation and what opponent is doing, u need to manage ur res/units perfectly against ur opponent/s.
u can win few games with ur co0kbo0k shit what u have in head but in long term it wont work.
ppl rarely play long series which will show the thruth of this.

also making peons non stop iz actually wise almost always. only if u r behind cuz of spot or something u need to p stop , cuz it iz the only way to win.

ive noticed that makin peons iz totally different on ef and f. on ef u can actually do some tricky strats with p stops. on f only rare 700apm guys can do it, and there isnt many of them cuz we r all so fuckin old.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:19 pm 
Swift

a lot of variables at play here, but i have a mucher higher win percentage from s9 than i do from 6. it really depends on your strengths/weaknesses and style vs your opponents strengths/weaknesses and style so I don't think it's really universal that one spot is better than the other in 1s.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 pm 
terror-kahn

quote:
Originally posted by RipE1

these peon/farm counts just show how stupid u r.

i was under the assumption you were trying to give tips to newbs? maybe i mis-read???

... a real newb needs to learn the basic concept (roughly how many farms/peons before tech) before they can learn how/when to adjust for different situations.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

unless of course you think a newb knows how to/when to tech, but has absolutely no idea what the advantages/disadvantages are to staying or moving from 6 are.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Swift
a lot of variables at play here, but i have a mucher higher win percentage from s9 than i do from 6. it really depends on your strengths/weaknesses and style vs your opponents strengths/weaknesses and style so I don't think it's really universal that one spot is better than the other in 1s.

Wow. You make sense and don't come across as an arrogant prick.

I move from 6 to s9 because I like to attack strongly. That is best done where you can create an imbalance where you are going to be much stronger than your opponent at a timing. You cannot do that from 6. From 6 you start behind in everyway. It forces you to do strategies that another player can mirror (only they will be better off).

I try to avoid mirror strategy situations as much as possible. They are boring. It is a hit yourself in the head contest.

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:11 pm 
Fast Luck

Oh is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Oh is it?

Lol, I guess that explains why he likes 6. He looks very good at it.

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:38 pm