FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Exploit strategies are a thing

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SoCxYamon

Exploit strategies are a thing

(EDITEd Tuesday May 21, 2013 to be easier to read/understand )

I'm proud to present, 6 years in the making.

A Boss 1v1 GoW F Strategy

win rate should be 100%

This is similar to swift's blind cat exploit. ( 100% win rate )

A versatile battle-ready ( meaning it will work on any opponent, and it won't take any real effort), all around counter to every strategy in GoW F ( in the current meta. e.g. exploit strategy learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming and here http://war2.warcraft.org/strategy.shtml )

REQUIRES these skills: Resource management, extreme micro, knowing when to chop or to mine, knowing how much you need to chop to expand with a cannon wall-in. Gauging your enemy. And you need to be good at defending from ogre/sap rushes, lust dks. ( once you survive the first wave you win the game ), knowing how to quickly determine whether they're dualing or rushing by scouting only the base in between spots.

Hall, farm, rax, farm, scout nib, smith ( repped ), repair rax.

Scout with 1 grunt in one direction, and with another grunt in the other.

Once you find your opponent, if they are rushing, you close and power.

If they are doing something stupid just harass them with grunts and power.

If they are DUALING ( " the most over powered strategy on gow F " )

simple.

Once you scout the dual, make sure you have enough grunts/levels to do damage ( enough grunts to harass and force wood repairs and levels to kill any grunts they're trying to defend with), gauge how much defence he/she has, and whether or not they are dual rushing should dictate how you go about doing this.

At this point in time you should have spent very little resources. (mined or chopped resources )Immediately go hold, and once you hit hold, rep an alchemist and get some saps.

Take out their expansion base over their main. ( the expansion usually is void of a rax and any real possibility of defense. You can usually tell which is which. )

Once you do, expand at your nib spot, and put up 2 cts at each base and begin to get lust, air, dks.

They will be ahead in tech because you are behind in wood, but you would have given yourself a huge advantage.

You should win every game at this point.

DISCLAIMER FOR NOOBS:

At this point it should be a relatively simple game as long as you're somewhat close to their speed, and you understand map control.

Last edited by SoCxYamon on Tue May 21, 2013 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:34 am 
~Szajna~

any reps of how you beat a good dual rusher with your awesome strategy?

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SoCxYamon

it runs a good dual rusher over. when people dual-rush they need enough money to sustain their entire economy, this hits way before they're ready for anything.

it's actually stronger vs a dual-rush then it is vs a dual

(EDIT MAY 21sT) FALSE. a dual rush can do well against this strategy, but it's no where near a hard counter. In any event the game will still fall into your favor if you proceed to counter the dual-rush. Which isn't relevant to this strategy because it stems off of it. Meaning, that if you use this strategy and it doesn't work on the first hit, you should have a fine chance of winning afterwards. For me it is a 100% winrate. This was posted prior in the disclaimer essentially. All you need to do is be as fast and understand map control.

Last edited by SoCxYamon on Tue May 21, 2013 4:07 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:45 am 
~Szajna~

so no replay?

Sad((

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SoCxYamon

i can give you a few replays but i would have to make them

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 am 
Shotgun_

Re: Exploit strategies are a thing

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon

A Boss 1v1 GoW F Strategy

win rate should be 100%

This is similar to swift's blind cat exploit. ( 100% win rate )

A versatile battle-ready , all around counter to every strategy in GoW F.

REQUIRES these skills: Resource management, extreme micro, knowing when to chop or to mine, knowing how much you need to chop to expand with a cannon wall-in. Gauging your enemy. And you need to be good at defending from ogre/sap rushes, lust dks. ( once you survive the first wave you win the game )

Hall, farm, rax, farm, scout nib, smith ( repped ), repair rax.

Scout with 1 grunt in one direction, and with another grunt in the other.

Once you find your opponent, if they are rushing, you close and power.

If they are doing something stupid just harass them with grunts and power.

If they are DUALING ( " the most over powered strategy on gow F " )

simple.

Once you scout the dual, make sure you have enough grunts/levels to do damage, gauge how much defence he/she has, and whether or not they are dual rushing should dictate how you go about doing this.

At this point in time you should have spent very little resources. Immediately go hold, and once you hit hold, rep an alchemist and get some saps.

Take out their expansion base over their main.

Once you do, expand at your nib spot, and put up 2 cts at each base and begin to get lust, air, dks.

They will be ahead in tech because you are behind in wood, but you would have given yourself a huge advantage.

DISCLAIMER FOR NOOBS:

At this point it should be a relatively simple game as long as you're somewhat close to their speed, and you understand map control.

I seriously hope this entire strategy was a troll. BTW level's don't do anything when attacking buildings.

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 am 
turtleman@can

bump....farm/rax/th

Post Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 pm 
woofy

thf or gtfo

Post Sat May 18, 2013 9:24 am 
Shotgun_

I think Yamon would of made a better admin if he posted a lot more versatile battle ready strategies

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:47 pm 
Lightbringer-

quote:

mmmm ok

Post Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am 
Swift

quote:
Originally posted by Lightbringer-
quote:

mmmm ok

the strategy he posted is a bit odd, but hes not really wrong on the second line that you bolded. Being behind on tech on f isn't a big deal like it most often is on ef, in many cases it's necessary if you're trying to obtain a 'huge advantage' in a certain way.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 am 
Lightbringer-

quote:

extreme micro, knowing when to chop or to mine, knowing how much you need to chop to expand with a cannon wall-in.

extreme micro on F is counter productive. Try as you will, you will lose out on stuffs. Heck, even on EF, it can be hard.

quote:

And you need to be good at defending from ogre/sap rushes, lust dks. ( once you survive the first wave you win the game )

IF you survive the first wave that is ...Who the hell sap rushes from a dual on F? Its more likely lust/dk or lust/drags then DK (which should make your CTs useless)

quote:

smith ( repped ), repair rax.

ok noted. More wood wasting + repairing smith does not in any way whatsoever since if they are rushing you are going to power and if they dual, levels on smith dont hurt buildings nor help from GTs I think.

quote:

Once you scout the dual, make sure you have enough grunts/levels to do damage.

Levels dont work. Read above. I'd prioritise hold over grunts at this point.

quote:

At this point in time you should have spent very little resources. Immediately go hold, and once you hit hold, rep an alchemist and get some saps.

Repairing is essential for alchemist but more wood wasting (you still need to build saps/halls/2cts/walling/farms for more grunts+ peons)

quote:

Saps + grunts alone can have a hard time taking out an expo especially since you should not have more than 7-9 grunts at this point....

quote:
Originally posted by Swift

the strategy he posted is a bit odd, but hes not really wrong on the second line that you bolded. if you're trying to obtain a 'huge advantage' in a certain way.

The whole advantage thing is based on him taking out the 'expo' and not the 'main' base. In any case, whatever 'base' he chooses, it would not be that easy to pull out with grunts alone because once you sap in, he knows whats coming and will most probably fend off the first grunts wave by mad repairing his GT etc...Except if he is at 8 and has a cat.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 12:39 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
quote:
quote:

mmmm ok

the strategy he posted is a bit odd, but hes not really wrong on the second line that you bolded. Being behind on tech on f isn't a big deal like it most often is on ef, in many cases it's necessary if you're trying to obtain a 'huge advantage' in a certain way.

bump

Post Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
quote:

extreme micro, knowing when to chop or to mine, knowing how much you need to chop to expand with a cannon wall-in.

extreme micro on F is counter productive. Try as you will, you will lose out on stuffs. Heck, even on EF, it can be hard.

- False. I can easily maintain near perfect res management on fastest. It's far from counter productive. And very easy at the beginning and far more rewarding since they aren't doing so.

quote:

And you need to be good at defending from ogre/sap rushes, lust dks. ( once you survive the first wave you win the game )

IF you survive the first wave that is ...Who the hell sap rushes from a dual on F? Its more likely lust/dk or lust/drags then DK (which should make your CTs useless)

EDIT :Explaination: They have absolutely no time to kill you unless it's with the ogres they already made/have the resources to make within 2 mins tops. If they try to go fort they will be behind you and get squashed.

quote:

ok noted. More wood wasting + repairing smith does not in any way whatsoever since if they are rushing you are going to power and if they dual, levels on smith dont hurt buildings nor help from GTs I think.

EDIT :Explaination: repping the smith makes sure you are a level ahead if they are counter dualing, which is the only POSSIBLE counter to this strategy, but then it's a speed/skill match-up.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: As in their grunts if they have any. You want their bases to be cleared when sapping. You are already hold at this point. Otherwise you wouldn't have saps.

quote:

Repairing is essential for alchemist but more wood wasting (you still need to build saps/halls/2cts/walling/farms for more grunts+ peons)

EDIT :Explaination: You lose about 1k wood and 0 gold. He loses all the gold he spent on everything in that base ( primarily peons ), farms, maybe smith and mill, and a hall. So he has lost all assets while simultaneously losing all gold spent. That's why you're ahead on gold and behind on wood. You may be behind on tech if he decides to fort but you will be way ahead on peons.

quote:

Saps + grunts alone can have a hard time taking out an expo especially since you should not have more than 7-9 grunts at this point....

EDIT :Explaination: That's why you rep smith. Level ahead of any possible counters. Then just out-micro him and since you're on pure offense at this point it's going to be your soul focus, which makes it easy.

quote:

the strategy he posted is a bit odd, but hes not really wrong on the second line that you bolded. if you're trying to obtain a 'huge advantage' in a certain way.

The whole advantage thing is based on him taking out the 'expo' and not the 'main' base. In any case, whatever 'base' he chooses, it would not be that easy to pull out with grunts alone because once you sap in, he knows whats coming and will most probably fend off the first grunts wave by mad repairing his GT etc...Except if he is at 8 and has a cat.

EDIT :Explaination: He won't know that you're sapping in. That's why you go early lvl 2 to clear anything he has. if he's dualing and you're 1 halling 1 raxing, you can very easily clear him if you scout correctly. And if they build mass gts that puts us at even res spent and dual vs dual. Not only that i could just make another sap and hit his other one. Is he just going to gt everything? if so gg.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 3:37 am 
Shotgun_

quote:
quote:
quote:

- False. I can easily maintain near perfect res management on fastest. It's far from counter productive. And very easy at the beginning and far more rewarding since they aren't doing so.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: They have absolutely no time to kill you unless it's with the ogres they already made/have the resources to make within 2 mins tops. If they try to go fort they will be behind you and get squashed.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: repping the smith makes sure you are a level ahead if they are counter dualing, which is the only POSSIBLE counter to this strategy, but then it's a speed/skill match-up.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: As in their grunts if they have any. You want their bases to be cleared when sapping. You are already hold at this point. Otherwise you wouldn't have saps.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: You lose about 1k wood and 0 gold. He loses all the gold he spent on everything in that base ( primarily peons ), farms, maybe smith and mill, and a hall. So he has lost all assets while simultaneously losing all gold spent. That's why you're ahead on gold and behind on wood. You may be behind on tech if he decides to fort but you will be way ahead on peons.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: That's why you rep smith. Level ahead of any possible counters. Then just out-micro him and since you're on pure offense at this point it's going to be your soul focus, which makes it easy.

quote:

EDIT :Explaination: He won't know that you're sapping in. That's why you go early lvl 2 to clear anything he has. if he's dualing and you're 1 halling 1 raxing, you can very easily clear him if you scout correctly. And if they build mass gts that puts us at even res spent and dual vs dual. Not only that i could just make another sap and hit his other one. Is he just going to gt everything? if so gg.

M M M M MM M MEEELLTTDOWWNN

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:21 am 
SoCxYamon

that took like literally 2 minutes and i was happy to type it out.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:36 am 
cpt^Claw

lbs post was long n constructive, yamyams response was long n constructive

no meltdown detected

//d andrians meltdown sensor

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:20 am 
Shotgun_

None of it is constructive, because this entire thread is about a newb strat.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:02 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
BTW level's don't do anything when attacking buildings.

what

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:29 pm 
Shotgun_

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
BTW level's don't do anything when attacking buildings.

what

What don't you understand? Level 1 grunt will kill a farm same time as a level 5 grunt if they start attacking at the same time. Lust is a different story

Post Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 pm 
SoCxYamon

minus the fact no one mentioned anything about higher level grunts doing more damage to buildings but you.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:13 am 
Shotgun_

Nice edit

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:27 am 
cpt^Claw

I know it doesnt matter, but... shouldnt it?

units vs buildings, I think piercing damage matters? and the level upgrade for weapons gives piercing damage
i forgot the damage formula, used it to calculate when to go level 3 archer in archersfriends map

edit; oh wait, i got it now. upgrades give basic damage. i skipped that part in archers because they have 0 armor.

Last edited by cpt^Claw on Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:37 am 
cpt^Claw

first we get a number
(basic dmg - target armor)+piercing damage
then we round it up to a nearest even number (so we either leave it as it is or add 1)
the damage is number/2 to number

example: footman vs farm
farm as a building has infinite number of armor, so the basic damage of footman is irrelevant (the smith upgrades dont matter)
piercing damage 3, we round it to 4
the damage footman will be dealing to building equals 2-4.

Last edited by cpt^Claw on Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:41 am 
Winchester

A level 1 grunt deals the same damage as a level 5 ogre to buildings

Post Wed May 22, 2013 4:55 am 
cpt^Claw

ya i fixed

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 am 
SoCxYamon

debating on revealing my most prized play style for the lawls.

developed an in-depth meta based off of bara, sparkz, and swift's playstyle.

here i'll write a gow ef guide:

get a good spot, build grunts, and get bloodlust. sometimes dks.

rem:don't get catted, don't get towered, if you counter a tower attempt they lose the game.

don't let fags dual.

thanks.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:28 pm 
Shotgun_

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:28 pm 
SoCxYamon

and the winner is: shotgun.

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 pm