Company of Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smurf_king

kith i installed xcom

first mission

guy tells me to move my 4th guys

1s guy goes behind car, 2nd to another car, 3rd i dont remember

but 4th tells me to go somewhere that is not reachable, i have clicked nearly the entire screen and nothing works where do i go

i spammed all my keyb keys, backspace, space nada

the camera just moves to that yellow beacon but my 4th guy is non responsive what do i click

or is my game fucked up with a bad crack release or wtf

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
kith i installed xcom

first mission

guy tells me to move my 4th guys

1s guy goes behind car, 2nd to another car, 3rd i dont remember

but 4th tells me to go somewhere that is not reachable, i have clicked nearly the entire screen and nothing works where do i go

i spammed all my keyb keys, backspace, space nada

the camera just moves to that yellow beacon but my 4th guy is non responsive what do i click

or is my game fucked up with a bad crack release or wtf

I dunno, you're on the first mission, just restart.

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
smurf_king

i did several times

im thinking i got a buggy crack, cuz its not working

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 pm 
turtleman@can

http://www.humblebundle.com/
good deal right now - u get 7 games for 5.71 including 3 company of heroes titles and the money goes to charity

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

or you could just pirate the games and give the money to charity. its not like those are even indie games

saints row the third is p fun btw

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:57 am 
turtleman@can

I don't think u can play company of heroes online with a pirated copy
btw i think u can buy 6 of the 7 games (minus saints row) for whatever - like $1 - and no they're all AAA titles which is what makes it such a good deal.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

if red faction, metro 2033 and darksiders are triple a titles then lol @ gaming industry

then again you're tman, you think anything that gets above a 7.5 on IGN is a triple a title thats going to revolutionize "gaming"

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am 
turtleman@can

I haven't tried red faction or metro but darksiders is a really solid game - although i'd never bother with it on the PC, it's more of a console game

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am 
Jza

One of the best things about CoH is quality raging during the battle.

00:00:49 [Team] SilentSlayerX: move forward
00:00:51 [Team] SilentSlayerX: ill take back
00:01:20 [Team] SilentSlayerX: do you read?
00:01:23 [Team] SilentSlayerX: i said go forward
00:01:25 [Team] SilentSlayerX: ill take
00:01:28 [Team] haasbot: sorry
00:12:54 [Team] SilentSlayerX: you are fucking mortaring me
00:15:09 [Team] SilentSlayerX: brit
00:15:11 [Team] SilentSlayerX: you fucking suck
00:15:15 [Team] SilentSlayerX: have fun losing
00:15:19 [Team] SilentSlayerX: im tired of carrying your lame ass
00:15:26 [Team] haasbot: u mad?
00:15:36 [Team] SilentSlayerX: oh, you are fake slot
00:15:45 [Team] SilentSlayerX: only someone thats a fucking dead slot would say that
00:15:48 [Team] SilentSlayerX: yeah, im mad
00:15:53 [Team] SilentSlayerX: have fun losing, fucking maggot
00:16:05 [All] haasbot: lol its a game calm down
00:16:13 [Team] SilentSlayerX: spoken like a true loser
00:16:21 [Team] SilentSlayerX: bet you haven't been good at anything
00:16:27 [Team] haasbot: spoken like a true super nerd
00:16:42 [Team] SilentSlayerX: spoken like someone that wouldn't know the difference
00:17:11 [Team] haasbot: boohoo im loosing
00:17:28 [All] SilentSlayerX: Not playing anymore .. have fun killing brit on right
00:17:33 [All] BeardedLady: j thanks
00:17:35 [All] SilentSlayerX: When you are done, I'll quit
00:17:35 [All] sosowac: that's the spirit
00:17:35 [All] BeardedLady: k
00:17:36 [All] Lethargic: cry more :P
00:17:56 [All] SilentSlayerX: Not crying, watching the alabama vs georgia game
00:18:06 [All] sosowac: (and crying)
00:18:07 [All] BeardedLady: boring game
00:18:20 [All] SilentSlayerX: Well it's boring because you started it with a fucking wanker on one slot
00:18:26 [All] SilentSlayerX: So game was 3 x 2
00:18:28 [All] SilentSlayerX: Bye
00:18:31 [All] haasbot: so mad
00:18:55 [All] BeardedLady: get mad or get even
00:19:01 [All] haasbot: just because hes not good enough to carry a noob
00:26:31 [All] BeardedLady: gg
00:26:47 [All] haasbot: lol this kid wished cancer on me cuz its my first time playing
00:26:52 [All] Lethargic: lol
00:26:54 [Team] sosowac: haha
00:26:55 [All] BeardedLady: mean

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

JZA come on again.

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:33 pm 
BanMe

wait is sosowac you? I remember that name from kali days

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 pm 
turtleman@can

I started playing company of heroes and I'm kinda confused by the style of play. Do any of you guys stream or know of any good CoH player streams?

The single player campaign is amazing so far, can't believe I never really gave this game a shot.. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the mechanics though.. Seems like a lot of it is AI controlled

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe

JZA use to play on kali probably even before my time (maybe).

Sosowac is him. Lethargic is me.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I started playing company of heroes and I'm kinda confused by the style of play. Do any of you guys stream or know of any good CoH player streams?

The single player campaign is amazing so far, can't believe I never really gave this game a shot.. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the mechanics though.. Seems like a lot of it is AI controlled

Not really T-man.

This game is about cover and tactics. So as you're moving you'll see different areas that your squad can move to. On your mouse button you'll see a red shield, yellow, or green. When you get into a fight you'll want to put your squad into a green shield area for the best cover (bonuses).

Then there's mg crews which have to face certain ways. You can get pinned down by mg's and not be able to move/fire. You can get suppressed which means you can still move but not fire back.

Then with armor you can do rear shots which do more damage and destroy engines.

If you want to get into multi-player just add me and jza.

KithKanin & Sosowac, or Lethargic if I'm not on KithKanin

We won't mind teaching you if you're interested in playing. JZA is amazing at the game. He regularly will get 100+ kills and about 10-20 deaths. I average around 60-70 kills and 30-50 deaths though I tend to play more of a supportive/defensive role anyways and he likes to just pound their shit in.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 am 
Kith-Kanin

JZA come play!

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm 
Jza

quote:

This games got a learning curve for sure. It's much different if you're used to traditional Blizzard RTS games. You'll pick it up as Kanin told me you're an accomplished SC player. Kanin is picking it up fast. Check out this site:

http://coh-stats.net/Main_Page.html

There's some good info there even if it doesn't match actual in game experience in usefulness.

If you're looking for 1v1 or 2v2 games I suggest checking out replays that include players such as Sepha, Aimstrong, aljaz5, SiberianPlatoon, and of course my main man evilInaCloset aka Silence. I left the 2v2 ranked match scene years back and enjoy the chaos of 3v3 and 4v4 now. Most of the good players for this game type have gone as maphacking became an issue. One of the best large game teams I learned against was Cross' team. Cross, Arsonik, and Lakers825 were like the DethWlkr, Stalker, Mongal DT trio of war2. Losing vs these guys over and over taught me the basics of CoH until I started creating my own ideas.

Join me and Kanin, he's very relaxed on vent and we have a good laugh when the other players start freaking out and swearing.

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe

SuperPeon & sosowac were a pair of rivals like many other duos and trios from back in the day. I pay homage to my old foes by using their aliases in other games. I've been soso, Aias, and others. Just nostalgia.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:38 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:

Not really T-man.

This game is about cover and tactics. So as you're moving you'll see different areas that your squad can move to. On your mouse button you'll see a red shield, yellow, or green. When you get into a fight you'll want to put your squad into a green shield area for the best cover (bonuses).

Then there's mg crews which have to face certain ways. You can get pinned down by mg's and not be able to move/fire. You can get suppressed which means you can still move but not fire back.

Then with armor you can do rear shots which do more damage and destroy engines.

If you want to get into multi-player just add me and jza.

KithKanin & Sosowac, or Lethargic if I'm not on KithKanin

We won't mind teaching you if you're interested in playing. JZA is amazing at the game. He regularly will get 100+ kills and about 10-20 deaths. I average around 60-70 kills and 30-50 deaths though I tend to play more of a supportive/defensive role anyways and he likes to just pound their shit in.

Nice, thanks for the tips. I'm going to finish the single player campaign hopefully this week before I try out MP but I will hit you guys up when I get on there.

One other question, I've got both expansions as well. Does that matter at all or does everybody just play the original?

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:02 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Jza
quote:

This games got a learning curve for sure. It's much different if you're used to traditional Blizzard RTS games. You'll pick it up as Kanin told me you're an accomplished SC player. Kanin is picking it up fast. Check out this site:

http://coh-stats.net/Main_Page.html

There's some good info there even if it doesn't match actual in game experience in usefulness.

If you're looking for 1v1 or 2v2 games I suggest checking out replays that include players such as Sepha, Aimstrong, aljaz5, SiberianPlatoon, and of course my main man evilInaCloset aka Silence. I left the 2v2 ranked match scene years back and enjoy the chaos of 3v3 and 4v4 now. Most of the good players for this game type have gone as maphacking became an issue. One of the best large game teams I learned against was Cross' team. Cross, Arsonik, and Lakers825 were like the DethWlkr, Stalker, Mongal DT trio of war2. Losing vs these guys over and over taught me the basics of CoH until I started creating my own ideas.

Join me and Kanin, he's very relaxed on vent and we have a good laugh when the other players start freaking out and swearing.

Nice, sounds like team games are a lot of fun, something I miss in SC2...
I'm gonna try to rip through the SP this week and join you guys for some online games by next week

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 am 
Kith-Kanin

Play some over the holidays T-Man. Best way to learn is multi-player.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 am 
Thomas29

No I do not play it.... Do not even know what the fuck it is TBH LOL!!!

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:49 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Thomas29
No I do not play it.... Do not even know what the fuck it is TBH LOL!!!

its amazing how much we have in common sometimes Thomas.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Nice, sounds like team games are a lot of fun, something I miss in SC2...
I'm gonna try to rip through the SP this week and join you guys for some online games by next week

T-Man you need to stop playing single player and get on the multi. The fun factor is 10x and you'll learn quicker.

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:07 pm 
Spuds

hey tman whats age of empires like? im bored as fuck and got 8 weeks off work is it worth buying?

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Spuds
hey tman whats age of empires like? im bored as fuck and got 8 weeks off work is it worth buying?

Get company of heroes you won't be disappointed.

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:27 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:
Originally posted by Spuds

Get company of heroes you won't be disappointed.

Yeah... I think the sale is over but it's def worth checking out.. I haven't been playing much aoao lately but that's free so you should also check it out Very Happy

I've actually been jammin some SC2 lately though, trying to see if I can crawl my ass back into master league before this season ends

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm 
turtleman@can

scratch that the sale is still on - http://www.humblebundle.com/

11 hours left
you now also get dawn of war game of the year edition AND titan quest

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
scratch that the sale is still on - http://www.humblebundle.com/

11 hours left
you now also get dawn of war game of the year edition AND titan quest

Give up on SC2 and come play a fun game.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:48 pm 
smurf_king

i wanted to try this game out but im confused

which version of coh is out there and/or which to download

apparently theres company of heroes online free to play (according to wikipedia) but the links are dead and others link to some very old pages

i downloaded some crap of torrentz called company of heroes 2 alpha and didnt work Razz

then i realizad coh2 is to be released later this year

so........
do i just download coh1 or ..
where the hell is this ' COH ONLINE free-to-play' wikipedia says bout ?

and then there's this coh TALES OF VALOR and OPPOSING FRONTS but i dont know if those are add-ons and i need original game or wtf,, this tales of valor is 10gigs and currently my internet dl speed is not so great to download sometjhing that is gonna need original files

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
i wanted to try this game out but im confused

which version of coh is out there and/or which to download

apparently theres company of heroes online free to play (according to wikipedia) but the links are dead and others link to some very old pages

i downloaded some crap of torrentz called company of heroes 2 alpha and didnt work Razz

then i realizad coh2 is to be released later this year

so........
do i just download coh1 or ..
where the hell is this ' COH ONLINE free-to-play' wikipedia says bout ?

and then there's this coh TALES OF VALOR and OPPOSING FRONTS but i dont know if those are add-ons and i need original game or wtf,, this tales of valor is 10gigs and currently my internet dl speed is not so great to download sometjhing that is gonna need original files

To play multiplayer you'll need to buy it.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm 
smurf_king

yeah i just noticed free-to-play version isnt out yet

ill try it solo play first if it sparkz my interest ill buy it....

...downloading torrent now.

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm