FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Company of Heroes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Company of Heroes

Anyone have this and feel like playing? I use to be pretty decent at it but I'm terrible now so we'll get rocked together! Just message me on here

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

i dont rly feel like starting a new thread...anyone here play the new xcom? its fuckin sick

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
i dont rly feel like starting a new thread...anyone here play the new xcom? its fuckin sick

I might actually pick that up because I watched some gameplay on IGN a few days back and it looked really good.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ChrisLui

let's play some company of heroes kith

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:23 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:

I might actually pick that up because I watched some gameplay on IGN a few days back and it looked really good.

it IS really good
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 pm 
smurf_king

ill play if you give me a cdkey

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:02 pm 
Sparkz102

some of my buddies and i are goin give it a whirl

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 pm 
BanMe

quote:

What difficulty u playin on? I'm one down from impossible... I am not enjoying the randomness and need to load autosaves after a lucky crit or unlucky barrage of misses. It's definitely good, but I still find myself drawn back to MOBA's when it comes to free time

It seems to me that snipers reign supreme with the "shoot an enemy that any friendly has vision of" ability

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i was playing my first game on normal but yeah i've gotten annoyed with some of the random elements too since i posted that. i hate the way enemies will sometimes spawn in really dumb places. also the maps are kinda small and repetitive, every country looks like an american gas station. they're probably release more map types as dlc or something later, bleh...

i'm on this really hard mission with a two-story UFO crash that's really pissing me off, i've gotten slaughtered on it twice already. mutons are kind of bullshit. iron man sounds really cool in concept but it would probably make me go fucking insane when my colonel is hiding behind a giant steel column and the alien crits me right through it...

quote:

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:37 am 
Kith-Kanin

I picked up XCOM. It's a pretty good game. I haven't gotten too far into it though. Maybe my second alien UFO.

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:12 am 
Jza

What's your profile name Kith? I'll /addfriend you. I like the 4v4 and 3v3 games myself.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 am 
Kith-Kanin

KithKanin

or

AxisNub

Usually KithKanin though. I've been playing XCOM lately though so haven't been on much. If I do go on it would be from 11 EST-1am EST, basically 9-11 my time and usually only on fri-sat-sun.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:56 pm 
Jza

Cool. According to your stats you are primarily a 1v1 player. I prefer 3v3 and 4v4. I sent you a request on both profiles from 16ozSodaizMYright. We can do some Montargis/Redball if you're up for that. 2v2 is fine as well but my knowledge of the maps has gone away since it's been years since I did that scene.

We should do some axis, crushing people with the allied factions is just too easy.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:07 pm 
turtleman@can

You should check out age of empires online bros

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

I have this game. Also I just bought Company of Heroes at Value Village for 8 bucks

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 am 
Kith-Kanin

So I just finished XCOM, it was pretty fun.

The last fight was tough and took me a few retries to figure out how to quickly take down the ethereals then focus on the rest.

Some pretty crazy world stats that you can see at the end. I don't know how people were averaging 27 damage per hit. Seems wrong to me unless hps and everything increase on harder difficulties.

I finished the game quite a bit faster than world average. 138 days I did compared to 198 days average.

Fun game.

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
So I just finished XCOM, it was pretty fun.

The last fight was tough and took me a few retries to figure out how to quickly take down the ethereals then focus on the rest.

Some pretty crazy world stats that you can see at the end. I don't know how people were averaging 27 damage per hit. Seems wrong to me unless hps and everything increase on harder difficulties.

I finished the game quite a bit faster than world average. 138 days I did compared to 198 days average.

Fun game.

is the final boss on the overseer ufo, or is there more game after that?

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am 
Kith-Kanin

There's the base. An overseer, and then a mothership. You need to have someone with psi armour and psi abilities to find the mothership though because they have to hook up to some relay to find it. The last fight is an uber ethereal, two ethereals and 3 tanky aliens that shoot. If you don't take out the ethereals quick they'll mind control 3 out of 6 guys and then you're fucked.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 pm 
Aerasal

are there any modern or semi modern rpg games like summoner on the ps2 for the pc? i haven't played bg or nwn but are they similar to summoner?

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:22 pm 
Aerasal

Fuck ya'll motherfuckers

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i luv rpg's bro and i'd help you out but i never played summoner and have no idea what its like : |

quote:

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm 
GenOciDe-

Has anyone tried dishonored and is it worth it ?

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
Has anyone tried dishonored and is it worth it ?

I've been thinking about getting it but I'll be the first to admit that I don't normally get FPS games unless they also have some kind of multi-player aspect as well. Bioshock being the exception.

I've also heard the story is very short. 10 missions or something.

So that leaves me to think that torrenting it may be called for. =/

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
quote:

I have this game. Also I just bought Company of Heroes at Value Village for 8 bucks

Dude I didn't notice this - Add me bro!! FanciestLake64!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdIXkFvm2Vk

I made this movie for you guys - skip to 13 minutes give or take to watch the pvp

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 am 
GenOciDe-

quote:
quote:
quote:

Dude I didn't notice this - Add me bro!! FanciestLake64!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdIXkFvm2Vk

I made this movie for you guys - skip to 13 minutes give or take to watch the pvp

Ok I'll have to download and install it again after getting my new computer Cool What level are you?

Also I just installed Dishonored and just started playing it... probably not worth buying this game but the graphics are pretty amazing. Definitely worth pirating if you don't mind the 5GB dl

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:51 am 
turtleman@can

I'm level 38 but I'll probably be 40 in no time.. I've got 3 other civs i havent tried yet and they all start at level 20

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 am 
GenOciDe-

I'm really enjoying Dishonored .. It's got a bioshock feel to the gameplay but with insane graphics and visuals. Pretty sick

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:17 pm 
turtleman@can

yeah i heard dishonored was good but very short.. i might pick it up when it goes down in price

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:19 am 
Jza

Get on for a few if you can Kith, other night was pretty funny.

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Jza
Get on for a few if you can Kith, other night was pretty funny.

Jza,
I'm out of town for work until thursday. So probably not until friday or saturday.

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm