Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Found out why Blizzard fired KHB and 599 other people:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
MIDNIGHT LAUNCHES MAKE ME LOL
THOSE NERD GOOBERS CANT WAIT UTNIL THEYRE ON THEIR WAY HOME FRMO WORK/SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY SO THEY START LINING UP OUTSIDE AT MIDNIGHT HAHAHAHA
first post pretty much siad it all, dunno why this conversation is still going. ive never gone to any of this midnight bs Laughing

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:47 pm 
RamJam

This is just kind of an ironic place to nerd bash about a midnight release when there's still people that play this game religiously after 15+ years.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:59 pm 
Fast Luck

im not bashing anyone for being a nerd im bashing them for being idiots hahaha

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
how is lining up outside of a store dressed up in cosplay outfits at midnight (when all the stores are closed) with a bunch of people who share a common hobby the same as a giant horde of dumb people lining up to play hunger games over a cheap television.
It's not pathetic, because you see, there's cosplayers there...
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm 
BanMe

quote:
im not bashing anyone for being a nerd im bashing them for being idiots hahaha
quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
how is lining up outside of a store dressed up in cosplay outfits at midnight (when all the stores are closed) with a bunch of people who share a common hobby the same as a giant horde of dumb people lining up to play hunger games over a cheap television.
It's not pathetic, because you see, there's cosplayers there...

I think the most pathetic thing is that you and whoever else actually care enough to bash it.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:04 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

whereas you obviously do not care about it whatsoever, as indicated by your lack of posts in this thread

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:21 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
whereas you obviously do not care about it whatsoever, as indicated by your lack of posts in this thread

imo its better to defend than bash when all else is equal. It's fine though I'm not playing the too cool for school card. I'll defend midnight launches, I've also done some signings at some and people are genuinely excited and happy to be there. It's a positive vibe and experience, and related to my profession and hobbies - I care enough to defend it. Unlike caring enough to shit all over someone elses hobby just to make myself feel better. Still not sure how a self-respecting adult can admittedly do that.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:25 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

imo its better to defend than bash when all else is equal. It's fine though I'm not playing the too cool for school card. I'll defend midnight launches, I've also done some signings at some and people are genuinely excited and happy to be there. It's a positive vibe and experience, and related to my profession and hobbies - I care enough to defend it. Unlike caring enough to shit all over someone elses hobby just to make myself feel better. Still not sure how a self-respecting adult can admittedly do that.

Cool story, bro.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 9:35 pm 
Lightbringer-

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
This is just kind of an ironic place to nerd bash about a midnight release when there's still people that play this game religiously after 15+ years.

Smile

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:47 pm 
Terra

quote:
Originally posted by Winchester
Whats black friday? I don't think we have that here in aus. I'm pretty sure we only have black saturday, which was something about bushfires

Black Saturday was when half of a state was wiped out by fires that were so unpredictable they killed a lot of people. Black Friday is a gimmick day, like Halloween, Guy Fawkes day and other stupid days to sell shit and celebrate something in America, that no one cares about. Reason we don't know about that is because our "days" actually mean something like the January floods, Black Saturday, Port Arthur, Larry, so on and so forth. So don't feel bad about no knowing. Bad shit happens over there in their under policed, out of control country, they need gimmick days. At least most of ours are caused by nature and not people (exception to Katrina, nothing is gimmicky about that)

Point being

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving Day in the USA. It is a busy shopping day and is a holiday in some states.

The Black Friday fires of 13 January 1939, in Victoria, Australia, were considered one of the worst natural bushfires in the world, and certainly the single worst in Australian history as a measure of land affected.

Post Sat May 12, 2012 3:53 am 
Fast Luck

The holiday is actually thanksgiving. it's on thursday every year and families get together to celebrate pilgrims and stuff. so then on Friday they go out shopping a lot because that's what Americans like to do a lot and because Christmas is around the corner. it's called black friday cuz of the shitty shopping crowds and because at some point vendors realized a lot of people shopped that day and started offering sales so even more people would line up and stampede when they open and everyone would die.

quote:
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sat May 12, 2012 7:50 am 
RamJam

In my town people will skip thanksgiving and camp outside of best buy in the freezing cold for 20 hours just to save $200 on a laptop or a tv. It's ridiculous.

Post Sat May 12, 2012 12:58 pm 
Terra

quote:
The holiday is actually thanksgiving. it's on thursday every year and families get together to celebrate pilgrims and stuff. so then on Friday they go out shopping a lot because that's what Americans like to do a lot and because Christmas is around the corner. it's called black friday cuz of the shitty shopping crowds and because at some point vendors realized a lot of people shopped that day and started offering sales so even more people would line up and stampede when they open and everyone would die.

Ours is the day after xmas Smile

Post Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm 
RamJam

Re: Found out why Blizzard fired KHB and 599 other people:

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
To pay for D3 advertising.

I'm pretty sure this is the same exact best buy that's a mile from my house. That's kind of weird we go to the same best buy.

Post Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm 
Aerasal

how can you tell? i don't see any distinguishing features and there's a bestbuy near my house with the exact same layout

Post Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm 
RamJam

Trash can/plants/curbs are all exactly the same. Not all the buildings look exactly alike in every detail either. I'd be shocked if that's not the one on haggerty road.

Post Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm 
Sypher

Re: Found out why Blizzard fired KHB and 599 other people:

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
To pay for D3 advertising.

I'm pretty sure this is the same exact best buy that's a mile from my house. That's kind of weird we go to the same best buy.

8 and haggerty bro Very Happy

The one at 12 and Novi blows :O

Post Sun May 13, 2012 12:41 am 
~Dakine..HeX

i used to work at a compusa right next door to a best buy that looked exactly like that.

but it wasnt in detroit, it was on lohr road in between ann arbor and ypsilanti

michigan best buys wut up

Post Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm 
aesop rocks

by the time diablo 3 is released ghostnuke will have 25,000 posts. now thats something to celebrate.

Post Sun May 13, 2012 7:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
i used to work at a compusa right next door to a best buy that looked exactly like that.

but it wasnt in detroit, it was on lohr road in between ann arbor and ypsilanti

michigan best buys wut up

I think I bought my N64 at that store way back in the day Very Happy

Post Sun May 13, 2012 10:03 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by aesop rocks
by the time diablo 3 is released ghostnuke will have 25,000 posts. now thats something to celebrate.

Celebrating is for nerds

Post Mon May 14, 2012 4:01 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
Celebrating a video game by lining up for it at midnight is for nerds

ya

Post Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 am 
aesop rocks

its official, gohstnuke will be at bestbuy at midnight waiting for d3

Post Mon May 14, 2012 6:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
~Dakine..HeX

your wife leave you or somethin bru?

why u coming onto the occult forums with all this rage?

Post Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
Allstar

its kinda ironic most of the kids who were freezing/sweating/whatever outside for midnight release couldnt log in anyways rofl... i finally got on around 3amish after a million attempts. its also down again. cool.

Post Tue May 15, 2012 4:13 pm 
RamJam

It's kind of funny all the 1 star reviews this game is getting just because people cant log on the servers. Activision/Blizzard kind of deserves it for laying off all these people just before launching one of their biggest games ever.

Post Tue May 15, 2012 5:57 pm 
Floy[d]

digital download route here.

Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:05 pm 
Shotgun_

We didnt have a midnight launch (obviously) it was a 9am launch with servers up at 5pm that day, and i had mine booked ready to go Smile and FYI blizzard probably didnt pay a cent for that sign.

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 pm