FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Found out why Blizzard fired KHB and 599 other people:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

i just realized how idiotic the idea of a midnight launch for a pc game is in the steam era

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 10, 2012 5:25 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
i just realized how idiotic the idea of a midnight launch for a pc game is in the steam era

tell me when u realize that people go to these things in cosplay and connect the dots to where you're an idiot.

Post Thu May 10, 2012 8:27 pm 
BanMe

quote:

Totally! Also live concerts are fucking retarded, I can just listen to music from my vast my tormented mp3 library. Also parties/social gatherings are for fucktards, I can drink, get high, listen to pop music, and talk to people online in forums from the comfort of my own home. I don't understand why people even leave their house or do anything imo.

Post Thu May 10, 2012 11:36 pm 
Lightbringer-

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

Totally! Also live concerts are fucking retarded, I can just listen to music from my vast my tormented mp3 library. Also parties/social gatherings are for fucktards, I can drink, get high, listen to pop music, and talk to people online in forums from the comfort of my own home. I don't understand why people even leave their house or do anything imo .

MONEY BOMB FOR ASH. HE NEEDS COUNSELLING.

Post Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:

Totally! Also live concerts are fucking retarded, I can just listen to music from my vast my tormented mp3 library. Also parties/social gatherings are for fucktards, I can drink, get high, listen to pop music, and talk to people online in forums from the comfort of my own home. I don't understand why people even leave their house or do anything imo.

lol @ you considering standing in line at a chain store to buy something at midnight a social activity on the same level as going to a concert or a party
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 am 
Sypher

What are your thoughts about midnight movie showings?

Post Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher

also different because i dont get to take the movie home and watch it in my theater

edit: though most of the movies people go to see at midnight are superhero garbage and stuff like that so probably not that much better really

Post Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 pm 
Sypher

quote:
quote:

also different because i dont get to take the movie home and watch it in my theater

edit: though most of the movies people go to see at midnight are superhero garbage and stuff like that so probably not that much better really

Wouldnt that make midnight movie releases more pathetic? It is a one time deal? You walk out with zero possessions in your hand?

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 pm 
Fast Luck

hmm seeing movies is a normal activity, midnight seems kind of late though, it might not be over until 2am or something so i hope you don't have to work the day after sypher.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:25 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hmm seeing movies is a normal activity, midnight seems kind of late though, it might not be over until 2am or something so i hope you don't have to work the day after sypher.

and buying video games isn't a normal activity?

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm 
Fast Luck

no

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Wouldnt that make midnight movie releases more pathetic? It is a one time deal? You walk out with zero possessions in your hand?

going out to a movie makes more sense because you can't get the movie theater experience anywhere else. i already said that in most cases most movies ppl go to see at midnight are big budget blockbuster garbage so i guess i would have to evaluate it on a case by case basis? "im not as pathetic as people dressing up like dumbledore in line for harry potter" doesnt rly say much...

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:32 pm 
Sypher

heh yeah, fuck those nerds who buy video games. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a video game. Cool

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:32 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
I wouldn't be caught dead buying a video game at 12am on a weeknight

fixed

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm 
Sypher

quote:
quote:

going out to a movie makes more sense because you can't get the movie theater experience anywhere else. i already said that in most cases most movies ppl go to see at midnight are big budget blockbuster garbage so i guess i would have to evaluate it on a case by case basis? "im not as pathetic as people dressing up like dumbledore in line for harry potter" doesnt rly say much...

First midnight showing of 8 mile at the theater I used to work at. Dude shoots another dude over tickets. Based off this, people who see midnight movies are no better than Black Friday retards.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:35 pm 
Sypher

quote:
quote:

fixed

Sounds like a self-esteem issue.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
First midnight showing of 8 mile at the theater I used to work at. Dude shoots another dude over tickets. Based off this, people who see midnight movies are no better than Black Friday retards.

yeah, sounds like it????

hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
quote:

fixed

Sounds like a self-esteem issue.

lol. can you seriously not comprehend people having better things to do with their time and money? maybe i have to work the next day because i have a job you idiot

Sypher

I do understand that. I am just trying to point out it is absolutely retarded to bash people for going to a midnight release.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
I do understand that. I am just trying to point out it is absolutely retarded to bash people for going to a midnight release.

if the best you can do is say people who dont want to waste their time have self-esteem issues then you didnt do a very good job of pointing that out imo

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:40 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
No it's merited. Why do they need to buy the game at farking midnight???? Are they gonna go home and play all night? Lol that would be unhealthy and make them losers. Just buy it at a normal time like a normal person lmao, you'll play it the next day either way.

At least Black Friday is a SALE so there's a reason to be there then, there's no reason to be out waiting in a line to buy a video game at midnight. if you must buy a video game at all that is, which I don't see the reason for..

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm 
Fast Luck

Seeing a movie is something i sometimes do with friends, it is an event and a way to spend a few hours. But going to a store so I can be the first to buy something is NOT! Just like waiting in lines for the new iphone is dumb. People make it into a race to be the first one to fork their money over to some wage slave at a massive corporate big box store and it's really dumb!!!

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:50 pm 
[RWTB]eeezle

Breaking news to counter the release of Diablo 3

War2Combat 3.06 will be released to download at midnight

Just kidding!! Laughing

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:08 pm 
RamJam

Well not everyone buying D3 has a job or normal 8am/9am work hours. I don't really see the point of the midnight release now that you can just download games though.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm 
RamJam

quote:
No it's merited. Why do they need to buy the game at farking midnight???? Are they gonna go home and play all night?
Not that it's normal or healthy but you know there will be people that buy it at midnight and play it for 2-3 days straight without sleeping.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:19 pm 
Allstar

once upon a time i attended i think burning crusade? midnight release... but... now i have kids and a job and it kinda sucks launch starts at midnight cuz i gotta be up early for work lol maturing ftl

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm 
BanMe

As if everyone here hasn't stayed up past midnight playing war2 countless times. Or stayed up past midnight posting on forums trying to prove that they are less pathetic than others.

Ghostnuke just mad he has to get up at the buttcrack 'o dawn for his job Smile I work a later shift and sometimes get off around midnight so I'll stop by best buy on my way home and pick up a copy - without waiting in line. Also since I live by many developers there are often game devs there signing, raffling, and other spectacle so it can be kind of a cool event. But yeah bra fuckin nerd shit, me n the bros are crackin beers after football practice n fuckin bitches.

Last edited by BanMe on Fri May 11, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:40 pm 
Fast Luck

Anything is less pathetic than midnight launches for video ames.

quote:
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:41 pm 
BanMe

quote:

An uber-nerd repenting.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:43 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:

An uber-nerd repenting.

an uber-nerd projecting

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:46 pm